ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums (https://forums.probetalk.com/index.php)
-   MBX Motorsports (https://forums.probetalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1265)
-   -   *MBXmotorsports Powder Coating Services* (https://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701113462)

Mike Baxter July 29th, 2004 11:33 PM

*MBXmotorsports Powder Coating Services*

Hello Everyone,

We would just like to thank everyone first and foremost for an already incredible year. MBX has continued to grow more and more each year and only because of customers like you. We would like to take this opportunity to let you know about our latest service in Powdercoating. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the coating and process, please allow us to explain below:

Introduction:

Powder coating is the process of coating a surface in which a powder material is applied using an electrostatic or compressed air method. The applied powder is then heated (cured) to its melting point, after which it flows to form a smooth film which dries to a firm, durable finish very resistent to scratches, cracking, peeling, UV rays and rust.

Quality:

The unique application characteristics of powder coatings provide superior consistency and uniformity of finish without sags, drips, runs, or bubbles. They provide extremely tough, durable films, enhancing the high quality, value-added image of consumer products. In general, the performance properties, such as impact resistance, flexibility, and corrosion resistance, of powder coatings are better than with liquid paints. Powder coated parts resist cracking, peeling, and marring during handling and normal service use. In many cases, merchandise is specifically being advertised as "POWDER COATED" because of the quality image it projects.

If you would like to have any items Powdercoated such as Intake Manifolds, Valve Covers, Throttle Bodies, Fuel Rails, Alternators, Rims, Brake Calipers, Metal Brackets, Fan Shrouds, Door Sills or anything you can think of powdercoating, please ask us for a quote!

We will take your part and sandblast it, pass it through our parts rinser, powdercoat and bake it leaving an incredible durable show finish.

We can also fill any missing metal from your item ie: Wheels that are knicked or curbed can be filled and then coated!

We look forward to hearing from you!
Thank You,
Mike Baxter
MBXmotorsports, Inc.
http://www.mbxmotorsports.net/
Sales@mbxmotorsports.net

unknowncitizen July 30th, 2004 01:36 AM

hey man, what kind of coating can you do?? is there any samples and what are ur prices on powder coating?? i would like that dust effect that hondas come with. i dont want to be like a honda just like that effect they have. i think u know what i'm talking about if not i'll send u a pic. some people call it a wrinkle affect. i'm thinking of getting my 2 valve covers and my intake mani done, can u give quotes??

jarredsyxx00280 July 30th, 2004 05:34 AM

I was wondering mike....myself is the disty powdercoatable?

any input on that?

Casper&CP July 30th, 2004 06:26 AM

I just bought a new VC and need to get it done. I have been looking at prices on it. I found one guy who is doing it for 60 plus shipping and that is the best I have seen. Price is the main determinant as usual. Come on Baxter, Prices Prices!

Custom GT July 30th, 2004 07:27 AM

:

I just bought a new VC and need to get it done. I have been looking at prices on it. I found one guy who is doing it for 60 plus shipping and that is the best I have seen. Price is the main determinant as usual. Come on Baxter, Prices Prices!

The shops around here would charge $25~ to do a VC........

Have u called all of them listed in your phone book?

Casper&CP July 30th, 2004 07:41 AM

I called a few local shops and they said they just dont really ever do it and they would charge me like 80-100 bucks....I thought that sounded expensive.

97rPGT July 30th, 2004 08:01 AM

This is cool. It's nice to see someone offering powdercoating services. :thup: And like others have said...What about prices? :)

Mike Baxter July 30th, 2004 09:23 AM

:

I was wondering mike....myself is the disty powdercoatable?

any input on that?

Yes, we take them apart and then re-assemble them, the same goes for alternators and TB's etc.....

:

hey man, what kind of coating can you do?? is there any samples and what are ur prices on powder coating?? i would like that dust effect that hondas come with. i dont want to be like a honda just like that effect they have. i think u know what i'm talking about if not i'll send u a pic. some people call it a wrinkle affect. i'm thinking of getting my 2 valve covers and my intake mani done, can u give quotes??

We do a huge variety of Powders. We have a powder that is called Red Wrinkle that would probably be close to what your looking for.

:

We are running a special right now that will include Powder Coating both valve covers and Intake manifold for $150 for 6 cylinder models and for the I4 owners, we can do your valve cover and IM $100 :salute:

Casper&CP July 30th, 2004 09:28 AM

Baxter! Shame on you! You still missed the main question, How much mulla are we talking about here...you know the green stuff, dough?

Mike Baxter July 30th, 2004 09:43 AM

:

Baxter! Shame on you! You still missed the main question, How much mulla are we talking about here...you know the green stuff, dough?

Prices listed, you got me in the middle of posting :)

unknowncitizen July 30th, 2004 09:48 AM

when will ur website be updated?? can you do black wrinkle too??? do you guys pay for shippment back to us??

Mike Baxter July 30th, 2004 10:24 AM

:

when will ur website be updated?? can you do black wrinkle too??? do you guys pay for shippment back to us??

Shipping is paid by the customer. We wont inflate shipping back to you.
We can do black wrinkle yes. The website we are working on at this time, the color choices will be listed on our powdercoating page. We will also have a customer parts section of crazy powdercoating projects we do.

Here is a partial list of Powders we have:

Standard Colors Most Applications

Glosses: Clear 85% Gloss, Semi-Clear 50%, Satin Clear 15%
Off White
Appliance White
Cream
Bright Yellow
Ford Light Blue
Navy Blue
Ford Dark Blue
Lime Green
Medium Green
J.D. Green (Darker)
Dark Green (Even Darker)
Orange Yellow
Chevy Orange
Vermillion
Bright Red
Red Wagon
Ruby Red
MG Maroon
Dark Purple
Midnight Blue Wrinkle
Machine Gray
Dark Gray
Satin Black
Semi-Gloss Black
High Gloss Black
Black Wrinkle

Textured Colors Excellent for hiding surface light to moderate surface pitting

Gold Vein
Copper Vein
Silver Vein (Very Popular)
Slate Web
Ivory Stucco
Silver Sparkle

Specialty Colors *For Maximum effect, use over Chrome, polished metal

Black Tint
Stamped Steel
Rally Wheel Silver
Argent Silver Base ** Topcoated with clear
Cast Iron
Chrome Smoke** Topcoated with clear
Gold
Red Wrinkle
Arch Bronze
Anodized: Red , Blue*
Translucents: Violet, Green, Gold, Grape*
Candy Orange*
Jeans Metallic
Metallics:Purple, Bronze, Gray, Sungold and Copper

Mirror Colors Super High Gloss, these powders cure to an almost ceramic like finish with minimal orange peel. For best results, this should be used on smooth unpitted surfaces

Red, Blue, Yellow, Green and Black

High Temp Powders Headers and Exhaust Manifolds etc.

Satin Black
Stainless Steel
Factory Gray
Silver

Super Hi-Tech/Iridescent Colors

Cast Aluminum
Reflective Chrome (Sweet Color) * Topcoated with clear
Super Gloss Clear 95% Gloss
Iridescents: Amber, Indigo, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Emerald
Black Stardust
Blue Stardust

Custom Prism Effects Chamelion Effect

Fine particles reflect light in different colors as your viewing position changes.
This can be used on all colors, but looks best with Dark colors....

There ya go, have fun with those FEW ;) choices.....

Casper&CP July 30th, 2004 11:02 AM

I love MBX <3! Mine are going out very soon!

97rPGT July 30th, 2004 11:23 AM

WOW! That's a lot of different choices! :eek: :spin: This is definately something i will look into for the future. Thanks Mike for bringing this service to us! :thup:

~Andy~

Mike Baxter July 30th, 2004 11:50 AM

:

WOW! That's a lot of different choices! :eek: :spin: This is definately something i will look into for the future. Thanks Mike for bringing this service to us! :thup:

~Andy~

:salute:

Please get your items to us asap so that we can get them turned around in a fair amount of time.

Domino81 July 30th, 2004 01:25 PM

w00t! :) :happydance:

Mike Baxter July 30th, 2004 08:33 PM

:

I love MBX <3! Mine are going out very soon!

KYPO Site looks :cool:

TurboSE July 31st, 2004 07:51 AM

Mike, AIM always f's up when we try and chat...anyhow...how much to do a front VC?

Can you PC two colors? If so, I'd like a VC, PC'd in black...with the plug wire relief done in gold (sounds rice, but it fits my overall color scheme).

If this is possible, Travis Williams has a "Mazda" VC for $30, in the interest of saving money since you're closer, could I have it shipped to you...you PC it and send it to me?

Fastest95PGT August 1st, 2004 03:53 AM

:

Yes, we take them apart and then re-assemble them, the same goes for alternators and TB's etc.....

The toughts of having my 186k mile alternator torn apart and powder coated so gave me wood... (lol, it'd probably never work again tho once put back together without it's oily goodness)
:

Valve Covers we can do at $50 each..... The cleaner you can get them before sending them, the better. Intake Manifolds we can do at $75 each.
However, $50 per VC is outrageous <sp> (sorry Mike). Taping seems to be the primary concern as to how much PC should cost as we all know the powder is pennies but the labor of prepping is what costs $$. I know that the place which does my work would have done my pair for $40 (sandblasting included). I don't mean to lowball your pricing, but a VC is barely any work at all.. and the IM's simple too (even with the plastic for the VRIS plate areas on the outside as they don't melt in a PC temperature oven :thup: ). I think the most expensive parts of all my PC needs were my fuel rails. :shrug:

CMCprobe August 2nd, 2004 04:11 PM

sounds like Eastwood is your powder supplier, as that is who I use an thats is there color line up

Mike Baxter August 2nd, 2004 04:15 PM

:

sounds like Eastwood is your powder supplier, as that is who I use an thats is there color line up

We also use Columbia and a few others for alternative crazy colors :thup:

Mike Baxter August 2nd, 2004 04:17 PM

:

Mike, AIM always f's up when we try and chat...anyhow...how much to do a front VC?

Can you PC two colors? If so, I'd like a VC, PC'd in black...with the plug wire relief done in gold (sounds rice, but it fits my overall color scheme).

If this is possible, Travis Williams has a "Mazda" VC for $30, in the interest of saving money since you're closer, could I have it shipped to you...you PC it and send it to me?

This would be a process that would double the amount of time and almost price to do a single valve cover. It can be done to answer your question correctly. I spoke with Travis and he said he could bring me the valve cover, so that would be no problem.

BarryG August 2nd, 2004 07:58 PM

So Mike, what is your turnaround time like?
Barry

Mike Baxter August 2nd, 2004 09:08 PM

:

So Mike, what is your turnaround time like?
Barry

Great question, Once the item(s) arrive, they are stripped, cleaned and polished on the 1st day, masked, coated and cured on the 2nd day and generally ship on the third day provided there are no problems in the coating.

This also depends on the quality and condition of the item that is sent to us.
The cleaner the item is that is sent to us, the less time in prepping it for powdercoating!

ShadowSE August 3rd, 2004 09:12 PM

can you do plastics? (i've heard some places can...) and if so, i have 2 plastic pieces I can send you, along with one intake tube (metal)...