Difference between ZE & DE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between ZE & DE

i get a PM or email or comment on here, streetfire, youtube, and cardomain at least once a week with someone asking if there is a noticeable difference between my ZE swap and a DE. so to better assist these questions and comments, here is a post of vids i have on streetfire and cardomain to show the difference. both vids are from a 97 Probe GT 5 speed with stage 3 clutch, catback exhaust, and intake.

(20 punch) http://www.streetfire.net/video/20-p...-gt_686917.htm (there is a Mustang on the other side of us that thought we were racing from a stop but we were doing a 20 punch because i have an LSD tranny and my buddy in the other probe doesnt so a dead stop race would've been even more unfair. point to this is to let you know, we are NOT racing when the mustang tore off all crazy.)

(40 punch) http://video.cardomain.com/VideoPlayer.aspx?id=678657

I almost came this morning when I heard both you guys punch it!! I love the sound of a KL under WOT!!
    1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

such an awesome difference. Man. I should find a DE around here and do a comparison vid and post it up.

awesome!
      93GT. Black/Slammed.
      All Motor Straight Neck ZE Swap.
      MAF Swap.
      All Bolt On's.

Comment

Damn what a difference of 30 or so horses does.
        Chameleon Blue 95 PGT 5 Speed
        Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed
        Black 97 BMW 540i 6 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by JazRedGT View Post
          I almost came this morning when I heard both you guys punch it!! I love the sound of a KL under WOT!!
          i should do a video of me in the tunnel with the magnaflow...maybe i will it sounds like a ferrari
          Leo
          94 PGTze - sold vid 1 vid 3 vid 2
          98 Pontiac firebird formula WS6 the race car.
          95 PGT-T..AKA..The ReD GhoSt KLDE turbo Built by me ..sold

Comment

Originally posted by Stevoh View Post
            Damn what a difference of 30 or so horses does.
            I would have to assume it is more than a 30hp difference.

A bolted ZE makes more power pony for pony than a bolted DE does.

I wouldnt be surprised to see the DE dyno 130-140whp, and KLZEYA's car around 175whp.

KLZE's car MOVES OUT on that DE.
            Last edited by 1993fpgtatx; April 9, 2010, 12:47 PM.
            93GT. Black/Slammed.
            All Motor Straight Neck ZE Swap.
            MAF Swap.
            All Bolt On's.

Comment

awesome comparison I've always wanted to see the difference, but with that being said I'm going to put a ZE in my mx3 instead of a DE
              95 Probe GT - Totaled
              96 Probe SE-DE swap now K8 swapped - Sold
              93 Mazda MX3 GS - DE swapped - sold
              99 Mazda MX-5 Miata - SOLD
              2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - Fun Daily!

Comment

well remember me and Shex vid.
                full ze vs milly ze we swapped the camera guy around so we both had solo runs

http://www.streetfire.net/video/prob...obe_142716.htm
                2g probe ze

Comment

On a similar note; My freind has a built ZE, and I have a built DE, both in MX-3s. He does 14 flat quarter miles, and I don't because I'm not as good of a driver, BUT, I always gain on him after a not so good launch, and almost catch him. When we go from a dig, I take him. He works at a speed shop, and knows his stuff. Also, he has a completely stripped interior, and I have full, with leather, and 10 speakers.
                  MX-3 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, Grnd wires, rear batt, AWR MMs, torq brace, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, NRG Susp./ Nyloil bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar/ solid endlinks, Azenis, leather int, Alpine stereo & alrm, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster3, CF hood, FG hatch/ Lexan,

Comment

Originally posted by fowljesse View Post
                    On a similar note; My freind has a built ZE, and I have a built DE, both in MX-3s. He does 14 flat quarter miles, and I don't because I'm not as good of a driver, BUT, I always gain on him after a not so good launch, and almost catch him. When we go from a dig, I take him. He works at a speed shop, and knows his stuff. Also, he has a completely stripped interior, and I have full, with leather, and 10 speakers.

^^that scenario sounds like (A) good driver vs not as good driver and (B) the builds probably aren't the same. whatever you did to your engine might of done more for you then whatever he did to his engine.

Comment

Ummm what do you mean by built??

Explain both builds please and then I will give you an answer as to why this occurs.
                      1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

I raced my buddy in his KLDE pgt and had the exact same results as KLZEYA. Very nice vid.
                        I miss my carhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2508500

Comment

I don't know exactly what he did to his ZE, but he has at least a custom dyno tuned CAI, ported ZE IM with VRIS deleted, headers, exhaust, chip, and adjustable FPR.
                          Mine is a DE built to be like a ZE; P&P, deshroud, KLG4 IM, ZE pistons & exhaust cams short ram intake, and a bunch of other stuff. I believe like KLZEporsche, that a DE will be stronger than a ZE with the same mods, because you can port them more, and the valvetrain is stronger.
                          MX-3 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, Grnd wires, rear batt, AWR MMs, torq brace, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, NRG Susp./ Nyloil bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar/ solid endlinks, Azenis, leather int, Alpine stereo & alrm, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster3, CF hood, FG hatch/ Lexan,

Comment

Wow that sounds like pure hotness
                            1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
                            1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
                            2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
                            2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
                            2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

I don't know exactly what he did to his ZE, but he has at least a custom dyno tuned CAI, ported ZE IM with VRIS deleted, headers, exhaust, chip, and adjustable FPR.
                              Mine is a DE built to be like a ZE; P&P, deshroud, KLG4 IM, ZE pistons & exhaust cams short ram intake, and a bunch of other stuff. I believe like KLZEporsche, that a DE will be stronger than a ZE with the same mods, because you can port them more, and the valvetrain is stronger.
                              there is his problem. going by the mod list you would be faster. ZE's are over rated.
                              Leo
                              94 PGTze - sold vid 1 vid 3 vid 2
                              98 Pontiac firebird formula WS6 the race car.
                              95 PGT-T..AKA..The ReD GhoSt KLDE turbo Built by me ..sold

Comment

Working...
                              X