Probe Production Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Production Numbers

I just got off the phone with the nice people at the Detroit Public Library. All information (and forgive the incorrect bibliographic format) came from a book called "Standard Catalogue of Ford"1903-1998" edited by Ron Kowalke 1998, and published by Krause.

It only gave total production numbers for each year, with no model breakdowns.

YR # PRODUCED

89 107,996
    90 109,898
    91 73,200
    92 41,035
    93 119,769
    94 85,505
    95 58,226
    96 30,125
    97 16,821

TOTAL 1st Generation Probes = 332,129
    TOTAL 2nd Generation Probes = 310,446

Now we can see why Ford cancelled the line. VERY low numbers.

Oh, and looks like us 2nd genners are out numbered!
    Pat
    Dude. I'm old. Give me a break.

Wow, that's crazy how fast the numbers declined. People don't know what they're missing!!
    Previously: 93 PGT Turbo...you know, back when you had to build the setup yourself.

Currently: 2012 Jeep GC Overland Summit - 1965 Chevy C10 SWB Fleet

Comment

OK thats VERY lame. I cant believe thats all the probes they sold. No wonder they stopped making em, 16k of them in 97 is just plain silly. And it would explain why I see so many 93's for sale instead of 95-97's.
      Dan Brown - 1995 Turbo PGT ~ SOLD ~
      287whp & 307lb-ft. @ 10.5psi & 12* Timing

Comment

Re: Probe Production Numbers

Originally posted by Pat_SOPOC
        97 16,821
        I wonder how many of those had black leather? Probably explains why I can't find it anywhere.
        Previously: 93 PGT Turbo...you know, back when you had to build the setup yourself.

Currently: 2012 Jeep GC Overland Summit - 1965 Chevy C10 SWB Fleet

Comment

Well by those numbers there were only 2350 probes made after mine! Does anybody on the board have the last probe made? That would be quite a distinction. ::
          2006 Alabaster Silver Acura RSX Type S
          Gone but never forgotten 1997 Rio Red Probe GT

Comment

Yeah, very depressing numbers. I would of thought that there were more produced.

I haven't got the MX-6 and 626 numbers yet, but I plan on it.
            Pat

Comment

Another thought,

Now you know why we have such a crappy aftermarket. There just isn't much money to be had.
              Pat

Comment

Can you imagine how the Mustang numbers lood compared to the Probes? Good post

Comment

I haven't got the MX-6 and 626 numbers yet, but I plan on it.

MX-6 numbers will be simply dismal.
                  Greg Martin
                  2009 BMW 328i
                  2017 BMW X3
                  1990 Probe LX

Comment

Re: Probe Production Numbers

I just got off the phone with the nice people at the Detroit Public Library. All information (and forgive the incorrect bibliographic format) came from a book called "Standard Catalogue of Ford"1903-1998" edited by Ron Kowalke 1998, and published by Krause.

It only gave total production numbers for each year, with no model breakdowns.

YR # PRODUCED

89 107,996
                    90 109,898
                    91 73,200
                    92 41,035
                    93 119,769
                    94 85,505
                    95 58,226
                    96 30,125
                    97 16,821

TOTAL 1st Generation Probes = 332,129
                    TOTAL 2nd Generation Probes = 310,446

Now we can see why Ford cancelled the line. VERY low numbers.

Oh, and looks like us 2nd genners are out numbered!
                    If you work that out, it comes to about 195 Probes built per day, for 9 straight years. Sounds like a lot for one lousy plant. (Flat Rock)
                    Dave
                    Probe (Sold)
                    2002 VW Jetta GLX 24v VR6 w/ tiptronic

Comment

wow, that really amazes me. i still see a crap load of probes here around Indiana.

i would like to see the MX6 numbers so i can go cry

Comment

Reason enough to keep my car and enjoy the exclusivity.

That's gonna make me cry now when I see Probes in junkyards. I'll just know that parts will be that much harder to acquire in about 10 years when I'll still be clutching onto my very first sports car. My girlfriend or wife will be bitching about how much money and time I spend with that "stupid car" and I'll go back to the garage, tell my car to ignore those hurtful comments and figure out which part I'll have to fabricate to replace.

Sorry....just had a vision into the future there.
                        redeemed
                        IndyProbes founder

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff L

That's gonna make me cry now when I see Probes in junkyards. I'll just know that parts will be that much harder to acquire in about 10 years when I'll still be clutching onto my very first sports car. My girlfriend or wife will be bitching about how much money and time I spend with that "stupid car" and I'll go back to the garage, tell my car to ignore those hurtful comments and figure out which part I'll have to fabricate to replace.

Having no good after market sucks! My Dad's Caprice has been stuck in Tallahassee since June 16th (when it was stolen) because the repair shop couldn't find a steering column (or something along those lines) to fix the busted one because Chevy didn't make that part anymore. It's a huge pain in the ass
                          Sabrina
                          I drive a Neon - 2004 Dodge SRT-4
                          FlaPOC - Honorary NPA!
                          SkipE - MM7's Best Rolling Wreck

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff L

ROFL! How true!

The Probe was my first car that I bought and financed. I refuse to give it up. I've been through WAY too much to do so.

I plan on keeping it and driving it until its completly rusted away! And even then I may rebuild it!
                            Pat

Comment

ROFL! How true!

The Probe was my first car that I bought and financed. I refuse to give it up. I've been through WAY too much to do so.

I plan on keeping it and driving it until its completly rusted away! And even then I may rebuild it!
                              sweet, at least i'm not the only one who thinks that way. Myrtle Madness XV is gonna rule!
                              1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
                              2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
                              2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Working...
                              X