czt engine kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• czt engine kit?

I have the czt internals. I had a horrible knock in the motor. Took it apart after only 1500 miles, and all the bearings were destroyed. Both rod bearing and main bearings. I need to know if these guys are still around? Also if anyone else has this kit what are the changes that need to be made to the block to get everything to fit? (I cant find any old email's) Anyone with some information please let me know.
    95 Probe GT Turbo
    06 Mazdaspeed6
    12 Nissan Pathfinder

I have it in my car and no problem what so ever..THe main concern we had when machined/assembled the engine was to ifnd proper rod bearings to fit the cranks. the 0.030" undersize he sent with the kit was too big.
    0.040" under fit but didn't have enough clearence. so we machine down the crank in order to fit the 0.050" undersize

You did check the clearence between bearing and crank right? I hope you did and not installed the first of bearings you got.

I got the clevite 0.050 bearings for rod paired with toga high performance main bearings...0 knock
    Last edited by babyblueMX3; August 9, 2005, 11:30 AM.
    Steve's klze turbo powered MX-3
    01 Golf GTI 1.8T

Comment

I also have this kit, and we had to machine the crank as well!! If you didnt machine the crank chances are this is why you have chewed up all the bearings!! He told me specificly that i would have to machine the crank.

CZT is still around, its just hard to get ahold of him!! Ive talked to him several times!

Ryan

Comment

Same here. I have czt kit in my engine and the machine shop was having hard time with having it all machined up. I'd remember they had to machine the crank too. There were some issues with the bearings but I really can't remember what it was.

Mici
        Mazda MX-6 LS-T http://www.cardomain.com/ride/466742
        Audi TT-R 1.8TQ http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2486942
        Toyota MR2 Spyder http://blopster.galleria.fi/kuvat/MR2Only/
        Aprilia RSV1000RR Factory

Comment

Originally posted by deejayarse
          Same here. I have czt kit in my engine and the machine shop was having hard time with having it all machined up. I'd remember they had to machine the crank too. There were some issues with the bearings but I really can't remember what it was.

Mici
          I know that the bearings that were in there were the .040. The main bearings were the ones that failed. The knock came alive when we were making 21psi. When I took everything apart the mains were destroyed (toga high perf.) the rod bearings werent as bad, but not reusable(sp)

Also when you mach. the crank don't you lose some strenght?
          Thanks for the help!
          95 Probe GT Turbo
          06 Mazdaspeed6
          12 Nissan Pathfinder

Comment

You do lose some strength, but i highly doubt youll ever break it.

You sure you had good oil pressure? Sounds like an oil delivery problem to me, if the clearanced were right.
            94 MX3 V6 - 403 whp 412 ft lbs 15 psi pump gas. RIP
            98 Ford Ranger 2wd: 5.0L twin turbo. 10 psi 408 rwhp 491 ft lbs 14 psi 478 rwhp 632 ft lbs
            04 Volvo S60R 6 spd

Comment

Originally posted by mx6gt04
              You do lose some strength, but i highly doubt youll ever break it.

You sure you had good oil pressure? Sounds like an oil delivery problem to me, if the clearanced were right.
              I have a brand new high volume toga oil pump. Pressure seemed normal. Around 50psi. what oil psi do you run?
              95 Probe GT Turbo
              06 Mazdaspeed6
              12 Nissan Pathfinder

Comment

Did the motor tick or make noise from the get-go?can you get some pictures?usually you can tell if it was oil or clearence issues.is the bearing worn out evenly?or are they just destroyed?
                |.....Overnight.....................| ||
                |........Japan Parts................||'|";,___. <~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \_ OH NO'S! It's Toretto!
                |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]------------------__/----\___
                "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)--------------~['(@)***(@)_'\

Comment

At 21 psi, are you sure the knock you were hearing wasn't detonation? What kind of timing/fuel delivery are you running?
                  95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
                  93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
                  89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
                  04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
                  Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

Originally posted by gus 93pgt
                    Did the motor tick or make noise from the get-go?can you get some pictures?usually you can tell if it was oil or clearence issues.is the bearing worn out evenly?or are they just destroyed?
                    Main bearings were destroyed (peices of them in the oil pan) Rod bearings were just worn. The motor had 1,500 miles.
                    95 Probe GT Turbo
                    06 Mazdaspeed6
                    12 Nissan Pathfinder

Comment

Originally posted by TRWeiss1
                      At 21 psi, are you sure the knock you were hearing wasn't detonation? What kind of timing/fuel delivery are you running?
                      Megasquirt, 65lb injectors.
                      95 Probe GT Turbo
                      06 Mazdaspeed6
                      12 Nissan Pathfinder

Comment

Who did all the machine work, clearancing the bearings etc??? We had a hell of a time with EVERY bearing on this engine. Were the main bearings sat, the hole was actually to large, so we had to machine down the main girdle then re-line hone were the main bearings sit. Then the crank had to be machined to fit the over sized bearings!!

ALSO VERY BIG!!!! My scat rods were OUT OF ROUND!!!! Oval if you will, the large end. We had to machine the caps of the rods, then re-hone the rods to get them perfectly round!!

I am going to say that the machine shop that put your engine together over looked a few things and now this is why you are having difficulty with it!!

Let us know how it turns out!

Ryan
                        Last edited by janz99; August 9, 2005, 10:54 PM.

Comment

wow, sucks to hear this guys. Makes me glad that i have moved on to cars with actual aftermarket performance, and being able to buy things that have been tested many many many times, and i know they work

Comment

Originally posted by janz99
                            Who did all the machine work, clearancing the bearings etc??? We had a hell of a time with EVERY bearing on this engine. Were the main bearings sat, the hole was actually to large, so we had to machine down the main girdle then re-line hone were the main bearings sit. Then the crank had to be machined to fit the over sized bearings!!

ALSO VERY BIG!!!! My scat rods were OUT OF ROUND!!!! Oval if you will, the large end. We had to machine the caps of the rods, then re-hone the rods to get them perfectly round!!

I am going to say that the machine shop that put your engine together over looked a few things and now this is why you are having difficulty with it!!

Let us know how it turns out!

Ryan
                            I think that you are correct. The machine shop broke it off in me!
                            95 Probe GT Turbo
                            06 Mazdaspeed6
                            12 Nissan Pathfinder

Comment

What a nightmare, I hope you get this straightened out, thanks for posting too. Before I buy an engine kit it will help with my research.
                              98 Z3
                              2000 F150

Comment

Working...
                              X