On the way to Flyrtle I broke.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RigsPGT View Post
    I locked the tranny at 65mph and towed the PGT home still made it to Flyrtle tho

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...T/1a910870.jpg
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=3202ea04.mp4
    Good job for not making it 95% of the way there and turning around
    PhotoPOC(tm)
    MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
    93' PGT not stock
    91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

man rigs, i didn't even see you there! sad to hear about your car going down as well
      95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
      Built, Not Bought.
      No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Tim,
        I came there late, right before Rob tried to dyno his, didnt see you either tho! i was chasing my nephew most of the time and keeping my friends busy with answers.

Jesse,
        I wouldnt turn around like that, plus i dragged my friends from NJ here so I was going to make either with PGT or not!

Andy,
        luckily i broke down like 15 miles away and i had plenty of time to still make it.

Adam,
        it was nice to see you here in FL for the second time
        Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
        1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
        1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
        1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

I broke a new tranny and a driver side panel glass

1994 Ford Probe Gt
          Ze. Kitted. Lowered. Turbo'ed. MSv3. Czt Tranny. Lsd. Shiny
          2008 BMW 335I 2JZ German style looks stock but not
          1995 Nissan 300zx With a fan symbol instead of a oil symbol

Comment

I'm broke thats why I couldnt make it..lol
            1996 PGT-T...SOLD
            N20 is like a beautiful women with an STD: you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by knightrider07 View Post
              I broke a new tranny and a driver side panel glass
              What happened to the trans?
              John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
              '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
              '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
              '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

Wow, 2 trannys? Was this possibly due from dyno tuning and now going faster? Or just age and coincidence. Makes me wonder if I would need to bring a spare tranny if I were to make it next year.
                1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

no one at Flyrtle lost a trans. Isaac busted a flywheel bolt, and Chris didn't come down.
                  '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
                  '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                    Wow, 2 trannys? Was this possibly due from dyno tuning and now going faster? Or just age and coincidence. Makes me wonder if I would need to bring a spare tranny if I were to make it next year.
                    A spare tranny would be the wise thing to do if you plan on going to the track or playing on the street.

But no one had any problems on the dyno other than a lil overheating.

Isaac did this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0Kun...eature=related

and thats how he busted the flywheel bolt.

Sorry Isaac
                    1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

I am likely bringing a trans with me next year..though I plan to trailer the car so I suppose it doesn't matter lol.

Comment

Rigs tranny blew out LAST year after flyrtle and finally gave up the ghost fifteen minutes after he left his house on the way to the meet. Earlier this month he posted it was dying and he hoped to have it make it through flyrtle before replacing it.
                        '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
                        '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
                        '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Originally posted by JKpgt96 View Post
                          I am likely bringing a trans with me next year..though I plan to trailer the car so I suppose it doesn't matter lol.
                          i'll be bringing one or two anyways if i'm still using the G-series at that time, that way i can still drive around down there
                          95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                          Built, Not Bought.
                          No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

thats it, next year im going to bring 4-5 G series trannys to flyrtle. $100 a piece
                            http://www.imazda.com/MD323/sig.jpg
                            KLZE powered 323

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSquid View Post
                              Rigs tranny blew out LAST year after flyrtle and finally gave up the ghost fifteen minutes after he left his house on the way to the meet. Earlier this month he posted it was dying and he hoped to have it make it through flyrtle before replacing it.
                              A bit of correction here, last year i blew the engine on the way home from Flyrtle (drove it home knocking) and this time the tranny took the toll. Too bad i didnt check the fluid level (might have saved it) but turbo piping discouraged me from doing so. When i opened the drain plug there was barely any oil dripping from the tranny
                              Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
                              1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
                              1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
                              1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

Originally posted by JKpgt96 View Post
                                What happened to the trans?
                                Don't really know. Driving home I wasnt able to get into any of the lowers gears( 2,4,rev) As I got close to home its started making weird noises, then it just got louder and louder. Now I just locks up if i try to move it. Its weird. I only put 600ish miles on it since I purchased it. No boosting or nothing. I babied it so I wouldnt tear it up be Flyrtle
                                Last edited by knightrider07; September 30, 2010, 09:01 AM.

1994 Ford Probe Gt
                                Ze. Kitted. Lowered. Turbo'ed. MSv3. Czt Tranny. Lsd. Shiny
                                2008 BMW 335I 2JZ German style looks stock but not
                                1995 Nissan 300zx With a fan symbol instead of a oil symbol

Comment

Working...
                                X