Logan (aka Hocking Hills Dog) Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logan (aka Hocking Hills Dog) Update

So we are quickly approaching 24 hours with our new family member Logan. Just FYI driving 9 hours in a car with a puppy and then introducing him to two new animals NOT a good idea.

Logan is very much a baby who likes to play with any and all toys. So toys that Ema abandoned years ago are definitely getting a work out. I am surprised at how much Ema is okay with this new addition. She plays with him when she's in the mood and when she's not she lets him know. They also are very good at walking together and love to chase each other in the backyard.

Now Shmonster on the other hand I think is reserving judgment. I have been lucky enough to be home all day today with them and when Logan, Ema and I decided it was time to take a nap, Shmonster did join us and I was pretty happy about that.

Now for the particulars, we just got back from the vet. And here's what I'm sure everyone was dying to know.

1. He is a Beagle Mix (with what they aren't exactly sure, but Beagle is a definite)

2. He is around 7 months old, all of his puppy teeth are in and he will not get much bigger.

3. He weighs 19 lbs and he is of a healthy weight.

4. He is not microchipped (this was one I was a little worried about) but he is going to be as soon as Ant and I get him neutered - which he is not.

5. He is a healthy well-behaved puppy. All except for having tape worm, which we got a dewormer for and thankfully can't be spread to the other animals, a tick which I just found this morning. The tick wasn't in very far so he hasn't had it long, but we got antibiotic just to be safe. And he also has a slight ear infection, for which we also got medicine.

This dog is super smart. He understood immediately where the dog toys were and what he could play with. He hasn't once tried to eat out of the other dogs bowls only his own. And I seriously think he is already starting to know his name. He also has boat loads of energy.

So far no house accidents and he took to sleeping in the crate last night fairly quickly (only about 5-10 minutes of whining). But really the crate was for his own safety because we weren't sure if Shmonster could be trusted. The next few weeks aren't going to be boring that's for sure
    <3 Erin <3

Hocking Dog rules! Such a cute puppy.
    Ross Evilsizor
    92' Silver GL MTX 11/18/1991-8/3/2011
    Major Meets: HH 2K5 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 BAMM 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 2K11 MM8 MM9 MMX PPMI Marriage Mayhem 2007 3M 08 Goat's Gettysburg 2010

Comment

It's so cool that Hocking Dog is as good as we all hoped. Can't wait to see him whenever we see you guys next.

Logan is the perfect name, too.
      Greg Martin
      2009 BMW 328i
      2017 BMW X3
      1990 Probe LX

Comment

I'm glad to see he is healthy and has a good home.
        Sandon Lettieri
        1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
        2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

What a great little dog. I'm so glad he's doing well.
          ~Mrs. Kylie Phreakintheroom
          '96 Black Probe GT - Off to a new home and is greatly missed. It was a good 11 years.
          '10 Black Mitsu Ralliart
          '01 Black YZF600R Thundercat
          NPA! Angel #3, NEPO member, FPOC calendar model August 2004/March 2005/October 2009/September 2010

Comment

Tick comes off his ear tonight!
            Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

congrats on the new family member! its kind of funny, the mazda6 guys just had our national meet like 2 weeks ago. and one of the members brought home a baby kitten that was almost dead they found. but she was in pretty bad shape. but was able to make it through so far! i love stories like these.
              PaTricK
              ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Funny how the world turns sometimes. Erin and Antny asked me about a week ago if Leann and I were interested in adopting Logan from them, and we said yes. So as of this past Saturday, he's still a NEPO Dog and is still doing great.
                Greg Martin
                2009 BMW 328i
                2017 BMW X3
                1990 Probe LX

Comment

He will be missed, but we're glad he went to a good home.
                  Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

Ever.
                    Greg Martin
                    2009 BMW 328i
                    2017 BMW X3
                    1990 Probe LX

Comment

Hi, Buddy.
                      Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

Such a cutie.
                        ~Mrs. Kylie Phreakintheroom
                        '96 Black Probe GT - Off to a new home and is greatly missed. It was a good 11 years.
                        '10 Black Mitsu Ralliart
                        '01 Black YZF600R Thundercat
                        NPA! Angel #3, NEPO member, FPOC calendar model August 2004/March 2005/October 2009/September 2010

Comment

Oh hai der!
                          Ross Evilsizor
                          92' Silver GL MTX 11/18/1991-8/3/2011
                          Major Meets: HH 2K5 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 BAMM 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 2K11 MM8 MM9 MMX PPMI Marriage Mayhem 2007 3M 08 Goat's Gettysburg 2010

Comment

Doggy-dog, we met you five years ago today, and since then you've been the best friend a guy could ask for.

Last edited by Bufalo; July 25, 2015, 06:00 AM. Reason: new photo link
                            Greg Martin
                            2009 BMW 328i
                            2017 BMW X3
                            1990 Probe LX

Comment

Links broke.
                              Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

Working...
                              X