hole in flex pipe, make car run bad ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hole in flex pipe, make car run bad ?

ok , I was bringing the car out of the drive way and its so low that it scrapped the flex pipe, and when I look at it it seems like alot of the braides in it was cut out maybe there is even holes in it.. when im beside a wall or something and at idle I can hear the exhaust coming from it, so im pretty sure there is a pretty nice hole in it.. im just wondering would the holes cause alot of popping ? and sluggy driving, like say I shift from first to second whenI go into second ( just crusing ) it feels like something is holding the car back for about 1 second or so then it just picks up, ( and I kept my foot on the throttle the same way with out pressing or nothing ). oh and what other probs does a hole in there cause and is there an easy way to fix it ?

1 more thing.. is it normal for our cars that like when u mash on the throttle it doesnt really go anywhere until the turbo start's boosting ?.. because when I step on the gas out of know where say with out making it spool it doesnt really make a diff until the turbo starts boosting..while with my dx as soon as I step on it I felt the torque..
    3" cat-back exhaust, APEXi N1 muffler, filled mounts, WALBRO255lph pump,sabb93 fmic, 2.25" IC press bent piping, ,turboxs boostcontroller 15psi stock turbo,MAGNACORE 10mm wires, NGK V-power plugs, over bored .020 over, ported & polished head, double valve springs, SS valves, 5 angle head job, ZombieSS chip...
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/cardo

Re: hole in flex pipe, make car run bad ?

Originally posted by itscard0man
    ok , I was bringing the car out of the drive way and its so low that it scrapped the flex pipe, and when I look at it it seems like alot of the braides in it was cut out maybe there is even holes in it.. when im beside a wall or something and at idle I can hear the exhaust coming from it, so im pretty sure there is a pretty nice hole in it.. im just wondering would the holes cause alot of popping ? and sluggy driving, like say I shift from first to second whenI go into second ( just crusing ) it feels like something is holding the car back for about 1 second or so then it just picks up, ( and I kept my foot on the throttle the same way with out pressing or nothing ). oh and what other probs does a hole in there cause and is there an easy way to fix it ?
    well a hole just makes a disruption in the flow and can change things yeah. you would have to get a new flex pipe welded in to fix that, or get a hard pipe put in so that it doesn't happen again. or just cut the exhaust off at the down pipe and freeball it, heh. but that would be really loud.

1 more thing.. is it normal for our cars that like when u mash on the throttle it doesnt really go anywhere until the turbo start's boosting ?.. because when I step on the gas out of know where say with out making it spool it doesnt really make a diff until the turbo starts boosting..while with my dx as soon as I step on it I felt the torque..
    yeah it's called lag.
    "Gone" but still around...

90 PGT, RIP
    01 Dakota V8 4.7L 4x4 5spd
    85 Supra mkII 5spd, new project

Comment

Re: hole in flex pipe, make car run bad ?

i recently had the same problem, my flex pipe had holes in it and the car wasnt preforming to how it should be.. i changed the flexpipe and the throttle response was better for me..

Comment

Working...
      X