Strut issue - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strut issue - help

replaced the front struts and springs. The psg one has wayyyyy bad camber problem. Top of tire slants way in. I know the only way to fix a camber is to turn the mount at the top. My question is how much? 90 degrees? 180 degrees?

Depends can you look at your old ones and see where they matched up at?
    Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

Nope I can't they're gone. The new struts are Tokico's.

Comment

Use eccentric camber bolts to gain more adjustment? (Replace one of the stock strut/knuckle mounting bolts on each side to gain adjustment capability).

Can't post links, so just Google "camber bolts".
        Last edited by Silverprobe; May 10, 2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Can't do that

I would do that but the mount hole in the struts are round. They won't accept the eccentric bolts only round ones.. I have bolts though.

Comment

Originally posted by griffer View Post
            I would do that but the mount hole in the struts are round. They won't accept the eccentric bolts only round ones.. I have bolts though.
            Eccentric camber bolts are smaller in diameter than the stock mounting bolts. It's the eccentric part itself that makes the overall diameter the same at that point on the bolt, and which allows for the adjustability.

When I first installed my Eibach springs years ago from Tirerack, I purchased the eccentric bolts at the same time. They've done the job ever since.

Comment

The flat edges of D-shape threading at the top of the struts should mirror each other. Should be to the inside rear corner, if memory serves me right.

Comment

Tada!!! Factory screwup

I just had a weird feeling on this so I checked. Now the part number is stamped on the strut along with a BIG R. Well I assumed that meant RIGHT. So that's where I installed it. That particular part number goes on the LEFT. I haven't checked the other strut yet to if it has an L on it. DuhO!!!!! That might explain a lot.

Comment

Working...
                X