This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CZT Intake Manifold Questions

Are CZT Intake Manifolds going to yield any more gains than say: a ported and polished Klze Intake Manifold? Also, what kind of gains would each of these give? And what sort of gains are we looking at with ported and polished klze heads? I'm thinking about doing something here, but don't know if it would be worth 800$+ dollars for 5-10 hp. I know CZT is supposed to give 20+. So how does it all compare?
    95 black gt mtx (CAI, msd sp wires, grounding kit, 12" mtx sub, blaupunkt fronts and kenwood rears, tweeters, etc.)

Nodody knows yet since nobody has gotten their CZT IM.
    95 pgt
    97 240sx

Comment

Nobody has one yet. There can be no definative answer.
      -Chris C.
      Cadillac ATS 3.6L AWD

Comment

Curt got some very nice increases from his CZT IM and TB...ask him (kikkinasphalt)
        John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
        '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
        '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
        '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

Nobody has gotten a real dyno of the CZT manifold yet, so there is no way that you can accurately compare the two manifolds.

There will be gains for sure, but nobody really knows when they will appear and how much yet.
          Kevin B - Former Probe-owner
          06 Legacy GT
          98 Legacy GT

Comment

Read above..
            John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
            '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
            '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
            '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

His was done with a road dyno... and they have made changes to the IM since then.
              95 pgt
              97 240sx

Comment

Originally posted by ouch1011
                Nobody has gotten a real dyno of the CZT manifold yet, so there is no way that you can accurately compare the two manifolds.

There will be gains for sure, but nobody really knows when they will appear and how much yet.

they dyno'd it on a realy dyno once....

but the disty was failing so it wasnt accurate
                ...Matthew Lemens ©..........www.lemens-ts.com................
                1993 Probe GT - 19's/BagStrutted/Kitted/Shaved/Molded

Comment

The only published dyno was on a ill stock car.... and since then as mentioned they have fundamentally changed the design.... time will tell...
                  MazdaSPEED6

Comment

ill stock it had an exhaust and short ram intake. That pretty damn near stock. Still had stock y pipe clutuch and everything else during dyno testing. I drove this car many times and the manifold showed nice gains. It pulled all the way to redline and would pull past there if i kept into it. Had a few idle issues when it was cold but i think that was due to the IAC being blocked off. The manifold also gave the car a little lope at idle, because it was getting so much air, you could hear the air rushing across the runners inside the manifold.
                    -J-Rod-
                    301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
                    93 PGT-T
                    96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
                    08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

ill meaning VRIS 2 wasnt working.... as in sick, not well, substandard running condition, as in the base line reading was a good 10-15 whp low.
                      MazdaSPEED6

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod7920
                        ill stock it had an exhaust and short ram intake. That pretty damn near stock. Still had stock y pipe clutuch and everything else during dyno testing. I drove this car many times and the manifold showed nice gains. It pulled all the way to redline and would pull past there if i kept into it. Had a few idle issues when it was cold but i think that was due to the IAC being blocked off. The manifold also gave the car a little lope at idle, because it was getting so much air, you could hear the air rushing across the runners inside the manifold.
                        yea jarod true

You should hear kurts car with this intake, my god!
                        It sounds like it has a v8 with a potato cam, damn its nice
                        ...Matthew Lemens ©..........www.lemens-ts.com................
                        1993 Probe GT - 19's/BagStrutted/Kitted/Shaved/Molded

Comment

Rob once talked to me about Curts dyno ,that his Heads where somehow not of DE standards.

When i talked to him months ago he was helping me plan on big HP numbers and he mentioned Curts car.. somthing about when they removed the IM to install the CZT one of how the Heads looked .. I forget but it was intresting.
                          Last edited by 97pGT; September 14, 2004, 09:52 AM.
                          N.E.P.O-"The Rebel"
                          -2005 SRT-4 *305lb tq*
                          -1998 Neon Stock:
                          -1997 PGT Stacked:**SOLD**

Comment

when the hell are we supposed to get the manifolds??!!!?
                            Black 95 PGT
                            Silver 98 CSVT

Comment

If you check his websote there is a picture of another. It's about the four different "real picture" I've seen of one. Apparently something is being done. With what consistency I have no idea. Maybe they'll be finished one day.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
                              HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
                              Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
                              As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Comment

Working...
                              X