This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GForce Automotive - Important Announcement - 12/1/2004

As of January 1st, 2005 GForce Automotive will be closing......NOT!

No I just thought I would give everyone a heads up. We're going to be restructuring our prices and pricing strategy. You may see marginal increases on some products. Increases of up to $20 may bee seen in some cases.

However, we have come to the conclusion, after the past few months that our current strategy is not generating enough profit margin. That's right folks, in order to stay open we do need to make money

I regret to inform everyone that we may no longer have the lowest prices around, but we will continue to strive for the best possible customer service and widest range of products for your Ford Probe/Mazda MX6.

Don't forget, GForce Automotive carries more than just parts for the Probe/MX6. So those of you who do move onto other vehicles, don't forget we carry over 200 manufacturers. To view out product line please visit: http://www.gforceauto.com/2004ProductLineCard.pdf

The bottom line, is if you feel that saving $10-$20 with another vendor is sufficient enough of a difference not to purchase from our company, then save the money!

--Adam
    Last edited by ProjectShadow; December 2, 2004, 12:37 PM.
    2004 Ford Mustang GT - 4.6L V8 AT - Tuned - 3.73s - CAI

Oh yeah, an after thought I just had.....

GForce Automotive has never, and will never compete with prices found in online auctions at sites such as eBay.com. Whether it be a Buy It Now type of price or a standard auction price.

--Adam

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectShadow
      Oh yeah, an after thought I just had.....

GForce Automotive has never, and will never compete with prices found in online auctions at sites such as eBay.com. Whether it be a Buy It Now type of price or a standard auction price.

--Adam
      therein lies some of the problem people have when looking at prices with vendors.

they think that 'Buy It Now!' e-bay pricing should be applicable to a vendor's pricing structure no matter what and that is simply not the case. if it were, you'd be out of business sooner than you can say 'trix motorsports'.

i hope it works out adam. i'm looking at a similar strategy on my end as well, hopefully to get more sponsors on the board.

if it works and there isn't too much bullshit regarding pricing (which members tend to forget that performance costs $$, and no, i don't mean the home depot or lowe's stuff either), then we can get more people on board with providing us cool stuff.

if it fails, then pt will have to scale back bandwidth so that it's affordable, then those people can complain about the site not being up or not being able to connect or it being really slow.

members here are just too spoiled and/or just cheap.
      ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101
        therein lies some of the problem people have when looking at prices with vendors.

they think that 'Buy It Now!' e-bay pricing should be applicable to a vendor's pricing structure no matter what and that is simply not the case. if it were, you'd be out of business sooner than you can say 'trix motorsports'.

i hope it works out adam. i'm looking at a similar strategy on my end as well, hopefully to get more sponsors on the board.

if it works and there isn't too much bullshit regarding pricing (which members tend to forget that performance costs $$, and no, i don't mean the home depot or lowe's stuff either), then we can get more people on board with providing us cool stuff.

if it fails, then pt will have to scale back bandwidth so that it's affordable, then those people can complain about the site not being up or not being able to connect or it being really slow.

members here are just too spoiled and/or just cheap.

--Adam

Comment

I'd like to order Some Corbuea A4 wides off of you if i ever get the money together.......... Maybe after the first of the year.
          Price is only a fractional part of my purchasing decision. I mostly look at customer Satisfaction, Quality of products, and who is selling it. I'll support a probe/mx6 vendor any day over ebay just to save $20.
          EDIT: Well, Actually, Which one would you suggest when looking at build structure, overall integrity, comfort, and better satisfaction.... A4, or CR1?
          Last edited by Mx6kRaZy_03; December 5, 2004, 06:31 AM.
          Buy my Turbo, rims, trans, suspension, ect.
          http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...post1922876944

Comment

Holy crap, sorry I didn't respond to this. As far as making a decision between the A4's and CR1's the main difference is the CR1's tend to be much tighter in the shoulders and kidney's than the A4's. If you're looking to good race stability with a little more overall comfort the A4's are the way to go, but if you want a seat that will keep your ass in one spot through hard corners the CR1's are the seat for you.

--Adam

Comment

Do you guys carry the Walbro fuel pump line? I'm trying to find a good price for a stand-alone inline pump to use with the fuel cell on FrankenProbe...
              90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
              93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
              97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
              90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

We've been trying to get a supplier for Walbro, but unfortunately we haven't found one as of yet. We should have a supplier by the end of January.

--Adam

Comment

autoperformanceengineering.com
                  Registered since 2001, but now a new screen name says it all :-)

Comment

just an FYI. adam may or may not be able to continue as a vendor on the site, so please direct any e-mail regarding his product line to him off-site.

thanks.
                    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101
                      just an FYI. adam may or may not be able to continue as a vendor on the site, so please direct any e-mail regarding his product line to him off-site.

thanks.
                      why is this?

Comment

Correct, Damon. After this reply you may also close this and any other GForce Automotive related threads. I would also request that anyone who has any questions about the product lines that we carry be directed via email.

I have come to the conclusion that, at this time, this community has not shown the kind of support for my company that I had expected. Therefore, until I get on track I will no longer be anything more than a normal PT member. The revenue generated, or lack thereof, from sales for parts for our platform have been lacking. I cannot continue to directly, dollar for dollar, compete with some of the other vendors here on ProbeTalk.com and have decided that if you guys would rather buy from another vendor, I'm not going to twist your arm otherwise.

The year 2004 was a very frustrating time for me and GForce Automotive. As many people know our company is based entirely online currently, and my main focus for 2005 is to take the steps to open a physical location and in order to do so GForce Automotive has to generate a profit. Please understand this decision doesn't entirely fault lack of sales, but lack of time that I have had to enter the parts we carry for other vehicles. We have spent a great deal of time marketing this community and that of the Ford Contour/Mercury Cougar.

We have made a great effort to not only help the consumer, but fellow companies who support a community that I personally enjoy being a part of. I love my car and I love ther people no matter how many political debates there may be or no matter how many people call me a crook.

I do plan to stay as active as possible in this community and I WILL be making a trip to MSD or HH this year (hopefully). We are also planning to continue our advertising and support for not only the community as a whole, but ProbeTalk.com and the people who have made PT into what it is today.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, but I hope that answers any questions people may have.

--Adam

Comment

Working...
                        X