No announcement yet.

PRO SC Kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok cool, so all we need to do is get the m45 unit and the spearco and it should be ready to go(besides the usual fuel mods). The Spearco is a pretty hefty sized IC. How much of a psi drop would we see if any?
    Chameleon Blue 95 PGT 5 Speed
    Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed
    Black 97 BMW 540i 6 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by ProbNub
      will you guys be able to make the IC to VAF pipe to fit CZT IM?
      Thats a good question? I would say if you sent yours in I can make it fit.

Originally posted by ceyjay26
      Oh also could you PM me a price with the IC and the additional pulleys. Please trying to get my mind right for next years PRO part shopping spree
      Originally posted by KES16
      Hey todd , if possible tell misty that it will be ready tomrrow and to check her pm's

thanks
      keith
      Misty will be trying to caught up on email and her PM's today. She is now as busy as I am with PRO

Originally posted by 97rPGT
      Is there ANY possible way AT ALL that A/C can work with this setup?
      That setup is already available. Not from PRO but available

Originally posted by proboner
      yup, buy adlorins kit...
      so whats this "higher power non clutched" thing your talking about? my guess would be that the clutch is located in the sc pulley so therefore if you put on a bigger pulley the clutch will no longer be an option? if so why dont you just come up with a different sized crank pulley to change the boost?
      We are making the bigger pulleys for the blower unit so that they will be able to be used on other SC kits. Plus i'm not a big fan of speeding everything on your motor due to the bigger crank pulley.

Originally posted by Stevoh
      Ok cool, so all we need to do is get the m45 unit and the spearco and it should be ready to go(besides the usual fuel mods). The Spearco is a pretty hefty sized IC. How much of a psi drop would we see if any?
      You are always going to see a pressure drop with an IC. I would say if you are not planning to run the SC at high boost levels. Than choose a small IC.

Comment

Thanks for answering my question. I was just wondering. I was funny aware that Aldorin had an A/C compatible S/C setup, i was just inquiring upon yours.

Comment

We offer two different kits, for two different needs. They share the use of the clutched M45.

PRO kit comes with pipes already for an IC, which you know, mine doesn't - but has the option for one. My kit allows AC to be ran, PRO doesn't - Personally I have no use for AC - but I do understand others do.

The PRO kit, by looking at design and reading, will be excellent for low boost applications and a viable option for those with automatic transaxles and wish to boost.

~Patrick
          Last edited by Adlorin; December 8, 2004, 09:31 PM.
          '00 Contour SVT - Stock and Reliable
          '93 Probe GT - Currently Grounded.

update your email address y0

Comment

will it cost anything extra to get 2.5" piping from the sc to the intercooler inlet? how much boost will this system make? since we have to provide our own supercharger, wont some come with different sized pulleys and therefore run different amounts of boost? what length intercooler is supposed to be used?
            Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
            Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
            Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
            The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

When does the BB price end? Also this may be a stupid question but does the m45 need an air filter? Aldorin's kit comes with one I think. If it needs an air filter the oil filter might be in the way??
              Last edited by Stevoh; December 11, 2004, 10:22 PM.
              Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Stevoh
                When does the BB price end? Also this may be a stupid question but does the m45 need an air filter? Aldorin's kit comes with one I think. If it needs an air filter the oil filter might be in the way??

Blower Intake Manifold (Air Filter Adapter)
                GySgt (Select) Stacey O. Johnson, USMC
                My Toys- 2011 Silverado Z71 (Black Neck Ride ), 1995 PGT (Back Again )
                "Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by ceyjay26
                  Blower Intake Manifold (Air Filter Adapter)
                  Reading comprehension owns me.
                  Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed

Comment

will it cost anything extra to get 2.5" piping from the sc to the intercooler inlet? how much boost will this system make? since we have to provide our own supercharger, wont some come with different sized pulleys and therefore run different amounts of boost? what length intercooler is supposed to be used?
                    i am very interested in getting this kit, but id like to get this and a few other questions answered. thankyou
                    Last edited by proboner; December 13, 2004, 04:12 PM.

Comment

will it cost anything extra to get 2.5" piping from the sc to the intercooler inlet?
                      I don't suggest using 2.5" pipe do to pressure loss that may occur. I will however make it 2.5" at no extra cost.

how much boost will this system make?
                      It has been proven to run at 5 lbs of boost from similar setups.

since we have to provide our own supercharger, wont some come with different sized pulleys and therefore run different amounts of boost?
                      I believe all M45 clutched pulley's are the same diameter? That's why we are going to offer clutchless pulleys as an upgrade option. This of course depends on how our annual sells go this year. Like I stated, we are offering this kit as a cheap way to boost a KL.

what length intercooler is supposed to be used?
                      You tell me what length you want to use and I'll cut the pipe to fit. Just make sure it's no more than 8" in height and it's a center outlet I/C

The BB will end soon so get them while you can at this low price.

Comment

my friend is interested in one but want to know if it'll fit in mx3's
                        Can you take a pic from the side of the engine with the s/c on so we can see how it sticks out of the engine..we are soooo limited in space
                        Steve's klze turbo powered MX-3
                        01 Golf GTI 1.8T

Comment

how much longer is this bulk buy going on? will 2.5" piping from the sc to the IC still be too much of a pressure drop even if im running higher boost? there is no way you can offer the larger diameter pulleys and still have it clutched? if you do build bigger pulleys, what do you predict will be the boost levels offered? sorry im asking so many questions, ive just been planning on going with something bigger for such a long time, but your sc kit has got me interested... just wanna make sure i know what im getting myself into before i commit.

Comment

smaller pullies net more psi, making a larger crank pulley would net more psi for the blower, but then throw off other components such as your alternator, p/s pump, and who knows what else.
                            Last edited by N/A Matt; December 14, 2004, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CocheRapido
                              smaller pullies net more psi, making a larger crank pulley would net more psi for the blower, but then throw off other components such as your alternator, p/s pump, and who knows what else.
                              I heard those same words today from my machinist

That's what I get for trying to anwser to many questions I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by CocheRapido
                                i was wondering when i was reading further up the thread, but awesome work i want one of these real bad but my car won't even start right now so until then i can't buy anything but maintenance
                                DON'T TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUSLY, YOU'RE NOT GETTING OUT ALIVE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X