CZT "tranny saver" users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CZT "tranny saver" users?

How many actually have this on their daily driver? The reason i ask is because after I put it on, my 3rd gear broke one week later during a casual upshift. I had the entire tranny rebuilt with new synchros and gears.

Now some 3 weeks later, tonight...during a similar casual upshift to 3rd gear, the tranny went again.

Now I'm wondering if the czt bracket is adding firmness where it shouldn't be and causing the 3rd gear to fail.

Coincidence or not? Opinions welcome.
    2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
    2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

wow. that's insane, i haven't read anything on pt about people having these problems. but if it's happened twice, i'd have to say it is the tranny saver. good luck man

Comment

shitty, I'm installing this brace in 2 weeks
      Steve's klze turbo powered MX-3
      01 Golf GTI 1.8T

Comment

I haven't yet installed my brace yet (doh) but I don't really see how it can cause stress on the 3rd gear. All it really does is spread out the load across several bolts. The motor mount is still doing it's job (absorb some movement) and it doesn't seem to lock up any thing that should be moving. It's just holding what shouldn't move in place. I'll install mine and if it blows 3rd, I'll let you know. I hope not tho'.
        Marc M.
        Black '95 PGT with mods 177.4 whp/159.6 wtq (probably way less now as the car has been partially de-modded)
        2000 BMW M-Roadster

Comment

its not the tranny saver. It sounds like you might have a bent shift fork to me. Did they check that while it was out?
          "With A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, With a supercharger, air goes in,witchcraft happens and you go faster"
          -Jeremy Clarkson

D'Jasper Probincrux III - South Carolina State University

Comment

everything looked fine, but i'll check that out. the gears were worn originally, which is what we thought caused it to break the first time. but we;ll check the fork out again. the tranny is getting dropped tomorrow.

i'm down both cars now with a $150 weekly rental replacement. So its safe to April is starting off bad!
            Last edited by c-man; April 4, 2005, 01:49 PM.
            2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |

Comment

Does anybody have it installed on their daily driver? Or am I the only one?
              2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |

Comment

I have one installed on my car but not a czt one but I've had no problems also I have a few other of my local guys that have em also and no problems

Comment

dude i have had one installed on myn for almost a year and i have the horrible designed one, and i have had no problems and i run the shit out of the car.
                  -J-Rod-
                  301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
                  93 PGT-T
                  96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
                  08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

Wowsers - I agree with the above comments, Chuck - the way that bracket mounts, it just doesn't sound plausible that it could be the cause of the failures. If you need it, I have a spare gearbox that I could ship you which is in need of a rebuild - just let me know.

- SK

Comment

I don't see any way that the CZT brace could be causing this problem. My guess is there is something else wrong in the MTX causing the synchro to go.
                      Kevin B - Former Probe-owner
                      06 Legacy GT
                      98 Legacy GT

Comment

Well, to answer your question, Chuck, I have one on my daily driver. So far [knock on wood] no problems at all.

I thought there were more people that had these things.
                        redeemed
                        IndyProbes founder

Comment

i can't help you out but i feel for you and your tranny crapping out...mine locked at 60 mile and hours after 5 months of "clutch install" real shity people working on it. hope it all turns out alright
                          1994 pse- sold
                          1990 S5 RX-7 TII- destroys the autox/drift scene
                          1987 S4 RX-7 TII-wishing i could keep the tires planted
                          1988 mazda 323 GTX- Very much rally
                          2003 MSP-daily monster

Comment

I had one in my hands, but never installed it. sold it to another PT'er.

Comment

okay, so out of the few of us that actually use this, I'm the only one with this 3rd gear problem? It seems like it must be something else then. Anyother suggestions besides to look at the clutch fork.

Another issue: when i try to reverse, it wants to chatter. It makes it really hard to reverse. I end up having to give it alot of gas and ride the clutch. If I give it to little gas, like a normal reverse should require...its chatters. If I don't hold the clutch in almost fully, it will also chatter. Is this related to the fork? Or something else that could also cause the 3rd gear to fail? I replaced the reverse gear this last time as well. Its just getting really shitty/repetitive dropping and opening up the tranny.

Thanks so far.
                              2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |

Comment

Working...
                              X