X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to Stacey's review!
    1995 Mx6 LS

Comment

I like that they kept the brakeline clip in the stock location.

Comment

Im saving my pennys.....
        '95 Probe SE ATX->MTX

Comment

damn there isnt a drooling smily face on here! I would have used that one!
          i want sooo bad.....common affordable price
          Built by Ford.....Engineered by Mazda....
          Rebuilt, Re-engineered, and Redefined by Kov.
          New Probe in 2013, let the S/C fun begin!

Comment

MMMmmmmm hhhmmmmmmm hhmmmmmm. Man, I've got a slipper clutch to buy for the bike, a house to save for, yet somehow I think these are going to have to work their way in.
            I used to have a sig :'(

Comment

looks like half pea green ksports to me wonder if their higher price will be justified...guess we'll have to wait and see
              Black 94 PGT - squirted, LSD'd, turbo DE/ZE hybrid @ 8psi

Forget the dog...turbos are a man's best friend

Comment

Originally posted by 94PGT
                looks like half pea green ksports to me wonder if their higher price will be justified...guess we'll have to wait and see
                if you've got to say something like that, then you simply do not know anything about TEIN in general or this coilover setup in particular.

for the record, the normal retail price of k-sports are ~$1,100.00USD. the price that the old bulk buy had was a bit cheaper, but keep in mind that it was in a bulk buy.

the normal retail price for this TEIN setup will be close to the same as the k-sports, however these parts have a much better performance aspect and are the setup of choice for quite a few racers in japan, D-1, and the other drifting tour that's here.

the D-1 2005 mustang runs TEIN. i have yet to see ANY race team using k-sport.

you tell me if it's justified. and
                ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Wow....those Shit on my room mates Ksports....I think i am going to sit here and stare until i hear word of the Write up of the drive...this must be mine....
                  1994 pse- sold
                  1990 S5 RX-7 TII- destroys the autox/drift scene
                  1987 S4 RX-7 TII-wishing i could keep the tires planted
                  1988 mazda 323 GTX- Very much rally
                  2003 MSP-daily monster

Comment

Wow, it looks like TEIN really put in the R&D time.

Stacey, I anxiously wait your review!

-phreak
                    Official: KYPO - LexPOC :: Honorary: TNPOC - NYPOC - NEPO / NPA! - OHIO PROBES
                    Major Meets Attended: MM7 - TNPOC/KYPO 2K4 - HH2K5 - OCMD2K5 - MM8 - StM2006 - HH2K6
                    Yeah, I'm still alive...

Comment

guys, stacey has already POSTED her review.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101
                        if you've got to say something like that, then you simply do not know anything about TEIN in general or this coilover setup in particular.

for the record, the normal retail price of k-sports are ~$1,100.00USD. the price that the old bulk buy had was a bit cheaper, but keep in mind that it was in a bulk buy.

the normal retail price for this TEIN setup will be close to the same as the k-sports, however these parts have a much better performance aspect and are the setup of choice for quite a few racers in japan, D-1, and the other drifting tour that's here.

the D-1 2005 mustang runs TEIN. i have yet to see ANY race team using k-sport.

you tell me if it's justified. and
                        oh yeah like ive never heard about tein

i was just stating the obvious. those look like they use ksport pillow ball mounts. hell maybe some of the parts are made by one company and sold to various brands. i never said that they were junk. for the record, tein does make good stuff, probably some of the best. im just wondering if it will be worth the extra cost...thats all.

ksport coilovers are made by d2 racing, and have probably been used in those types of events and others.

besides drifting is not racing anyway
                        Last edited by 94PGT; October 14, 2005, 03:45 PM.
                        Black 94 PGT - squirted, LSD'd, turbo DE/ZE hybrid @ 8psi

Forget the dog...turbos are a man's best friend

Comment

ok. maybe you have heard of TEIN, however their pillow ball mounts bear NO resemblance to anything made by k-sport save for the color of the anodized metal and even THAT is a different color.

TEIN manufactures everything in-house. nothing is outsourced to my knowledge.

the point to be made here, is that although they look similar, THESE ARE BRAND NEW, PROBE SPECIFIC PIECES DESIGNED FROM THE GROUND UP. THEY SHARE NOTHING WITH k-sport. PERIOD.

there isn't much 'extra' cost. the k-sports retail for ~1100-1200 and the TEIN super street dampers will retail for close to the same price. superior product, similar price. what else is there?

hope that clears things up a bit.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I'd replace my Eibach/Illumina Combo for those. My 18s would look amazingly hot with those coilovers. I would set the drop a "little" further down for looks though
                            Sandon Lettieri
                            1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
                            2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

Wow... TEIN are nice stuff. Instead of the KSport or the GC/Illumina setup I already have, I would go for this as my first choice if the price is right. I hope they are compatible with their EDFC.
                              97GTS - K&N|Freedom Design|PRD STS-99|Ground Control|Tokico|Momo|PowerSlot|Axxis|Yokohama|CS

Comment

Originally posted by Mega
                                Wow... TEIN are nice stuff. Instead of the KSport or the GC/Illumina setup I already have, I would go for this as my first choice if the price is right. I hope they are compatible with their EDFC.
                                please read the thread regarding the initial TEIN information. that contains quite a bit of information.

cliff notes: this will be compatible with the EDFC.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Working...
                                X