Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread about Cross-pollinating other car's car parts that work on the Probe..........

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, add that one to the project list.....
    93GT royal blue-sold

93GT 5SPD 2.7L-sold
    so whats next.......

Comment

Originally posted by PA_Probe
      From this thread going in the Racing/Suspension forum, we have found that 99-03 Protege coilovers are compatible.
      http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701137475
      93GTSR - Ty - says he is currently running them, and by the looks of his pics and pics of a Protege install we have, the strut top hats have the same bolt patterns front and rear and the strut mounting brackets to the spindles are the same.
      Only difference is the Protege coilovers have a tab for mounting their sway bar link, we dont have this and it does not interfere with install on a probe.

Brands of coilovers made for the Protege
      TEIN
      B&G
      K-Sport
      JIC Magic
      Dont all cars that came with mcpherson (not sure on spellin) struts fit on our cars?

Comment

I want to know more about the porsche brakes!
        93 PGT
        95 PGT - 15.4 - 2.3 60' - I/H/E cutout, 14lb flywheel, SPEC stg 3, tokico struts, eibach springs, tranny brace, minor weight reduction.
        There = location, Their = possessive, and They're = They are.
        Your = possessive, You're = You are
        I'm sure we all passed 4th grade grammar, lets act like it.

Comment

There is a gentleman in Elkton, MD that has this setup on his NASA Series track car, and 93? PGT, White. I believe he, with his machinist, would be making a limited production run of these brake kits, bolt on.
          ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
          ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
          ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

There is a gentleman in Elkton, MD that has this setup on his NASA Series track car, and 93? PGT, White. I believe he, with his machinist, would be making a limited production run of these brake kits, bolt on. Millenia Calipers, HD rotors, bracket and hardware......even the option of NASCAR Brake pads......

I'll touch base wth him, see where they are at on production.
            ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
            ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
            ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by THEGAME
              Didn't someone do a VR-4 brake conversion on a probe?
              Chris
              Todd did it. Goes under the name b16 something around here. I bought an exhaust from him a while ago, and said he had about 10 kits lying around, completed. I think thats what you meant by gentleman in elkton Travis.
              Last edited by Lithium543; June 14, 2005, 07:51 PM.
              1994 Performance White GT 5 speed - Rest in peace.[/B] My first car, totaled 10/11/09
              1996 Black Probe GT - 100k & Factory Spec.
              TW's Tilted Kilt 1997 Probe GTS - Hand built KLZE, Port & Polish, CAI, Eibachs, STS, Catless. Rides like your mistress, shrieks like your wife.

Comment

So... anything new on the 911 caliper mounting? I'm all ears on that one.
                96 PGT - Vroom vroom =||= 01 Honda Odyssey - Family and bicycle hauler =||= 08 Toyota Prius - Commuter =||= 08 Suzuki LS650 - Widow-maker
                11 Trek Madone 5.9 - Racer =||= 09 Pedal Force CX1 Dura Ace/FSA SLK - Crosser/Tourer/Long distance =||= 73 Schwinn Continental - Fixie =||= 09 Dahon Mu XL Sport - Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Scummer
                  So... anything new on the 911 caliper mounting? I'm all ears on that one.

also what year 911 can these calipers be gotten from

and yes i search already and didn't find anything
                  Last edited by P1P; June 22, 2005, 09:26 AM.

Comment

search is goofy, it wont find most things right now.
                    PaTricK
                    ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

All I remember is that they were on a Probe in Germany...and it also had carerra rims on it....I just spent 30 minutes on the probe.de/whatever website....and babelfish couldn't interface with the search function.... they argued too much.

Comment

http://www.worldlingo.com/en/product...anslator.html?

Comment

Could it be, that this is are the Porsche brakes?
                          http://www.cosmo-shiva.de/Ford_Probe...003/031_31.jpg

Thomas
                          96 PGT - Vroom vroom =||= 01 Honda Odyssey - Family and bicycle hauler =||= 08 Toyota Prius - Commuter =||= 08 Suzuki LS650 - Widow-maker
                          11 Trek Madone 5.9 - Racer =||= 09 Pedal Force CX1 Dura Ace/FSA SLK - Crosser/Tourer/Long distance =||= 73 Schwinn Continental - Fixie =||= 09 Dahon Mu XL Sport - Commuter

Comment

Lower fuel injector o-rings from any gen 4 chrysler V-6 engine, or gen 4 chevy small block will fit the probe.

Fel Pro ES70599, Niehoff Ignition 27478 (I am not 100% confident on the neihoffs, this set is a upper and lower, but may be direct replacements for our upper and lower), GP Sorensen 8009212 should all work, I used the fel pro ones. (2.99 a pack, 4 rings per pack)
                            Last edited by Shard Phoenix; July 13, 2005, 11:18 AM. Reason: Edited to add part numbers
                            Sarcasm is the greatest form of anger

93 gt, bolt ons, few interior mods and a "little" stereo USACI "0-300 stock" 143 DB. Someday ill do a cardomain.

Copoc! Colorado Probe Owners Club

Comment

Nice Find!

Comment

Originally posted by TravisWilliams_GT
                                All I remember is that they were on a Probe in Germany...and it also had carerra rims on it....I just spent 30 minutes on the probe.de/whatever website....and babelfish couldn't interface with the search function.... they argued too much.
                                I remember that picture
                                -Chris C.
                                Cadillac ATS 3.6L AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X