Anyone running the AVC Boostwerx Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running the AVC Boostwerx Kit?

There isn't much going on in this vendor forum. I've been checking out this kit off and on and trying to read up on it, but I just can't find any responses from this kit. Anyone here on PT run this kit? Was there a lot, if any, modifications to the downpipe/crossmember? Is this kit designed specifically for megasquirt or can I just use the stock VAF?
    '94 Sonic Blue w/ Black Top ~ Turbo - SOLD: 7/06/14
    ...yeah, she's shaved, just how we like 'em. Click HERE
    vrooom psshh...

yeah I also would like to know some feedback from people with this kit intstalled
    1996 Ford PGT. Two toned red and black with custom Medusa mural on the hood. CAI, JJ Resonated Test Pipe,SS Auto Chrome Headers, Pacesetter 2.5" Exhaust, front sway bar,1999 Ford Contour 22mm rear sway bar, civic short throw shifter,cross drilled and slotted rotors, 18" Black Konig hot swaps.

Comment

I'll be installing one of these kits this weekend. From my experience with it the wastegate flanges on the front primary and up-pipe are extremely tight fit. leave all the bolts very loose untill you get them all in.

the down pipe i'm not sure of yet but i believe that was the entire reason for this kit was to not have to modify the crossmember. As far as the IC piping, it was a bit confusing figuring out where all the pieces go (there are several) As well as i don't recall anywhere to put the VAF. Although it would not be hard to cut a section of pipe out for it (make sure its after the blow off valve).

Aside from that, the quality IS top of the line

I'll post early next week with my experience installing it. Otherwise anybody who's already installed it can feel free to chime in
      95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
      Built, Not Bought.
      No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Originally posted by polarexpress17 View Post
        I'll be installing one of these kits this weekend. From my experience with it the wastegate flanges on the front primary and up-pipe are extremely tight fit. leave all the bolts very loose untill you get them all in.

the down pipe i'm not sure of yet but i believe that was the entire reason for this kit was to not have to modify the crossmember. As far as the IC piping, it was a bit confusing figuring out where all the pieces go (there are several) As well as i don't recall anywhere to put the VAF. Although it would not be hard to cut a section of pipe out for it (make sure its after the blow off valve).

Aside from that, the quality IS top of the line

I'll post early next week with my experience installing it. Otherwise anybody who's already installed it can feel free to chime in
        Sweet! Good to know. You should take many pictures of the install and post back here letting me know how everything went. Are you going to cut the pipe to use the stock VAF?
        vrooom psshh...

Comment

Yeah I decided I am going to get this kit I a plan to fully document the install since no one has done that yet with this kit.
          93 PGT-ZE-T<---- Yes T as in turbo.
          89 PGT

Comment

Originally posted by Badandy44 View Post
            Yeah I decided I am going to get this kit I a plan to fully document the install since no one has done that yet with this kit.
            That would be awesome cause this kit looks very solid however I haven't heard anything about the result.
            vrooom psshh...

Comment

^ 2nd that, I got the original piece from Valant, so I'm interested to see some feedback from others as well. I do believe there are some picture thread floating around on here and mx6.com tho.
              1994 MX-6 RS -- RIP 1/30/2012
              1996 MX-6 M-Edition
              1993 RX-7 Grand Touring
              2010 Mazda3 Hatch Grand Touring

Comment

Haifisken is running this complete AVC boostwerx kit on his beautiful pgt. It looks really good too.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/771894/15

He posted some feedback on it in a search I did. He said the following in quotes, "This setup requires no modding of the car, which was very nice."

That is VERY positive feedback to me anyway. However, he is running Megasquirt with the kit. I just want to know, will the stock VAF work/fit if I choose not to use Megasquirt?! It just seemed unneeded to have this kit run specifically for Megasquirt, when I don't see too many people USING it or if they are using it, how are they tuning it correctly to the most power or comfortableness.
                vrooom psshh...

Comment

I am sure if u want to use your vaf you can modify the pipes to get it to fit in but I know your looking for a full bolt on kit. I am installing megasquirt next week on my car once I get that up and running I am ordering the kit.
                  93 PGT-ZE-T<---- Yes T as in turbo.
                  89 PGT

Comment

I can answer any questions as best I can to anyone who may have questions...

Their are a few people on pt running the avc kit, but one that usually sticks out is Haifisken who as mentioned above has the whole kit in his beauty! Another is Xplode. Their are others on Mx6.com and atleast 1 mx6 running the pipes that i know of.

Simple alternative to the other pipes. No modification to the X-member, you do relocate the battery, recirculating Wastegate, botls to stock logs. They work just like any other turbo pipes for the kl (if not better) Just another flavor.

I will Post a sticky with the pros and cons along with a "Whos running avc pipes"

As far as me naming every person on pt who has used the pipes, I'm just not going to do that.

-v

Comment

Originally posted by valant_94gt View Post
                      I can answer any questions as best I can to anyone who may have questions...

Their are a few people on pt running the avc kit, but one that usually sticks out is Haifisken who as mentioned above has the whole kit in his beauty! Another is Xplode. Their are others on Mx6.com and atleast 1 mx6 running the pipes that i know of.

Simple alternative to the other pipes. No modification to the X-member, you do relocate the battery, recirculating Wastegate, botls to stock logs. They work just like any other turbo pipes for the kl (if not better) Just another flavor.

I will Post a sticky with the pros and cons along with a "Whos running avc pipes"

As far as me naming every person on pt who has used the pipes, I'm just not going to do that.

-v
                      Thank you! This kit is probably what I will be going with, I might buy the $600 side first, then in a few weeks order the other $300 side to make it a complete kit. Only thing I will need are oil lines, relocate the battery, gauges, FPR, and boost controller. What size is the turbo, is it an ebay style because I don't have any problems with the ebay style turbo. They run quite well actually.
                      Last edited by icd_rob; September 10, 2009, 12:49 PM.
                      vrooom psshh...

Comment

Originally posted by icd_rob View Post
                        They run quite well actually.
                        who told you that nonsense??

you'll need an fmu too mr rob
                        Turbo'd 94 Mx6 12.87 @ 115 on 5 psi.
                        Built by Me, eBay and zip ties.
                        96 White M-Edition mx6 Being built with above's parts, just less tip ties and sketchyness.

Comment

NP,

Yes it is an Ebay Turbo, we have had good results with them, good track record with this supplier. Boost controller is included

Injectors, fp, afpr, tuning..... fmu or ms..

-v

Comment

96PGTR got it

I am running the AVC turbo kit. It was my biggest install so far and took me about 50 or so hours total... you gotta know the basics of how it goes together..the kit wasn't designed to use the MAF so you have to either get MS or get creative and put the MAF after the BOV, hangers need to be bent a little on the down pipe or else the cat goes to the left, need to take about an inch of the t-stat housing neck to make room for a lower radiator hose you need to make yourself, my pipes are wrapped in thermo-tec 2" graphite wrap so my clutch line going into the slave hit(apparently no one has had this problem) but i did so i bent my own clutch line to clear the up pipe.. mounting the intercooler was a little challenging but it was my first.... other than that figure out your fuel management and blow it up!! oh yea relocate the battery to the trunk and get a wideband A/F gauge.
                            Last edited by 96PGTR; October 1, 2009, 06:36 AM. Reason: MAF option
                            '96 PGT-R|MTX swap|CM flywheel w/sprung 6puck|AVC turbo kit|T3/T04e .50A/R|Eibach pro kit|(F)Tokico 5-ways|(R)Tokico blues|King6 eng. mnt's|R-R STS w/bushings|R-R crank pulley|TAYLOR bat.kit|Autometer Ultra Lite OP/water/volts/boost gauges|AEM wideband|Aeromotive A1000|KVR cross-drilled F&R, KVR carbon fiber pads F&R|Goodridge brake hoses

Comment

Working...
                            X