Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in SC want a set of FD rims with tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah bro, get some grown-up rotors in there. Car looks awesome tho.

Sooooo I'm thinking about a Fiat 500c at some point possibly...
    ~SumR
    I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post
      Aww. Look at the cute little brake discs!
      Yes I know, not as bad as SumR's old 240. I'm looking at the 06-07 WRX 4 pot front 2 pot rear brembos.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
        Yeah bro, get some grown-up rotors in there. Car looks awesome tho.

Sooooo I'm thinking about a Fiat 500c at some point possibly...
        Thinking about how silly you would look?
        Thinking about how depreciation will be the only thing fast happening with that car?
        Thinking about your working CL is worth about nothing other than the gas in the tank and would therefore have no trade value?
        Thinking about how your CL still works 10yrs later and that your FIAT has almost no chance of that? Might as well buy a RX7 haha.

Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
        Yes I know, not as bad as SumR's old 240. I'm looking at the 06-07 WRX 4 pot front 2 pot rear brembos.
        Yea that's also true!
        Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

• Ooh the 240 <3

In rebuttal:

- I would look awesome in a Fiat.
          - All cars depreciate so that's a moot point. Wouldn't be buying any of them for investment purposes. Also leaning towards a lease anyway. Maybe.
          - I'm aware the CL has shit for trade-in value. I'd probably try to sell it first anyway. Exterior is so rough now (sun oxidation of the paint is ridiculous) that it's not exactly a prime catch.
          - It does run well and it is still fun to drive. Although it's currently making some obnoxiously loud whining noise that amplifies when turning the wheel at slow speeds (ie; a real treat in the parking garage before and after work every day) which makes me suspect power steering...?
          - Tacos.
          ~SumR

Comment

• If your going to get something that small you're better off with a cooper s. Or miata. Probably the latter.

The whining noise could be just the power steering belt is a little loose? I had that before on my car, it was more noticeable in the cold times of the year.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post

In rebuttal:

- I would look awesome in a Fiat.
              No, you would look awesome in lower rooflined longer cars (like cl, rx7, lowered 3series, etc)

Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
              - All cars depreciate so that's a moot point. Wouldn't be buying any of them for investment purposes. Also leaning towards a lease anyway. Maybe.
              True, but few depreciate as fast as an impracticality small, Italian, small engined, mass produced one...it's definitely not an investment haha. Leasing would be all the benefits of paying for the car with none of the benefit of having anything to show for it after the lease is up (except in this case you shield yourself from the depreciation).

- I'm aware the CL has shit for trade-in value. I'd probably try to sell it first anyway. Exterior is so rough now (sun oxidation of the paint is ridiculous) that it's not exactly a prime catch.
              Other than it's paid for so even if you put a nice paint job into it you would still be better off than with a payment on a fiat... They do still make a supercharger for that thing!

- It does run well and it is still fun to drive. Although it's currently making some obnoxiously loud whining noise that amplifies when turning the wheel at slow speeds (ie; a real treat in the parking garage before and after work every day) which makes me suspect power steering...?
              Probably something with the pump (bearing, shot altogether, bad tension, etc)

- Tacos.
              Tosstadas for the aminals

Buy yourself a set of lowering springs for your truck and you will feel better.

Comment

This. We can have an install day, that's my next purchase, coils or spring/struts.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
                  This. We can have an install day, that's my next purchase, coils or spring/struts.
                  Man you can get a set of eibach springs / struts and the bushings for a CL for under $600

I have my coil overs for the 7 I'm nowhere near ready to install haha

Comment

No, you would look awesome in lower rooflined longer cars (like cl, rx7, lowered 3series, etc)

True, but few depreciate as fast as an impracticality small, Italian, small engined, mass produced one...it's definitely not an investment haha. Leasing would be all the benefits of paying for the car with none of the benefit of having anything to show for it after the lease is up (except in this case you shield yourself from the depreciation).

Other than it's paid for so even if you put a nice paint job into it you would still be better off than with a payment on a fiat... They do still make a supercharger for that thing!

Probably something with the pump (bearing, shot altogether, bad tension, etc)

Tosstadas for the aminals

~SumR

Comment

• Just got back from a week long trip to San Francisco. Made me realize how different the west coast is. Fun trip, conference I went to even had a McLaren P1 on display.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
                        Just got back from a week long trip to San Francisco.
                        Conference in San Francisco you say...

Comment

Conference in San Francisco you say...

You know, everyone says that but I think I saw less than I do in downtown Charleston.

The roads looked like lots of fun.

http://i.imgur.com/8qFO0Z7.jpg
                          Last edited by livingsacrifice; September 2, 2014, 05:54 AM.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Going to ATL next week. Got the 7 running (stupid airflow meter not telling the fuel pump to turn on). Got my exhaust on the 3.

What is everyone doing? You buy your clown car yet SumR?

Comment

• Not much. Looking at buying suspension before fall/winter hits and installing that. That's about it. Oh and I need to sell my old wheels (craigslist special!).

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Hey ShadowSE (or anyone for that matter), going to the Diyautotune meet in Suwanee, Georgia? It's not too far from Atlanta. My turbo probe is retired, but perhaps I'll go on my stock pgt.
                                1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
                                1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

Working...
                                X