Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My parents want me to pay them rent to live in the house. EFF THAT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My parents want me to pay them rent to live in the house. EFF THAT!

OK normally I would understand and pay them rent. BUT... my brother has a a fully furnished apartment, which my parents pay for. My parents also pay for his utilities, food, insurance, gas, tuition, his books for college, and cable (internet and TV). Also my brother has NO job.

I HAVE a job, I pay my own insurance, gas, food (I rarely eat my parents food because it is all low carb crap), tuition, books for college etc (I am not complaining about having to pay for all this stuff, I am proud to be able to and wouldn't have it any other way). I've been saving up so I can move out and suddenly my parents want me to start paying them rent which will delay my moving out. Am I out of line and being a baby if I'm a little pissed?

Discuss.
    Mama said "Yo email address don't work!"

I'd be pissed.
    1994 white pgt w/ sleepy eye mod, DZ coilovers/KYBs, Home Depot CAI!, Magna Flow cat-back, and two real cheap 10 inch subs.

Comment

Uhm... move out.
      2004 GTI 1.8t
      240 Wheel Torque @ 3400 RPM
      The Dietrich Files

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage
        Uhm... move out.
        Thats the plan.

Comment

I mean like now.
          2004 GTI 1.8t
          240 Wheel Torque @ 3400 RPM
          The Dietrich Files

Comment

Before I moved out of my parents house, they had me give them a small amount of money each month. Little did I know they put that money in a savings account and when I finally did move out, I got it all back, plus interest.

If they are so insistant on you paying rent, ask them what the money will go towards and draft up an agreement in writing outlining certain "rules" each party ought to abide by. I did with my folks, and it worked pretty well.
            2004 Mazda Ti Grey 3s Hatch
            Former Probe owner
            Do American cows not Moo? or perhaps Moo with an american accent, Moo haa, yippidy ding dang moo etc

Comment

paying rent its not a big deal.. paying a apartment prices are nothing like compared to paying rent at home.

Comment

hmm yea i'd move out like yesterday! that's just
                97 Probe-many mods: SOLD

'06 Ion Redline
                Eaton | Autometer | Recaro | Dunlop

Comment

yeah that does suck, did they actually give you a dollar amount, or did they just say you will be paying rent soon?
                  98 Z3
                  2000 F150

Comment

Dude, I totally FEEL YOU. You are not in the wrong....I mean, WTF, all sons are treated equally right?

I'm actually going to be living in a big house with a special somone, and my younger brother is moving in with a friend and her sister and my mom is planning on buying herself a nice house in a trailer area (not an actual trailer house but a full house, it's just much cheaper)

Currently I give my mom 400 for rent a month.

Your parents are being very asshole'ish ....
                    Halo 3: 5 Star General (6000 EXP)

XBL Tag: Jimmy Bags

"I like how strippers try to glamourize their jobs by calling themselves professional dancers"
                    C619

Comment

Perhaps your parents have learned a lesson with your brother. My advise. My advise is move out.
                      the FAZDAShoulda never sold itadditional FAZDA photos

Comment

Originally posted by Fazdaze
                        Perhaps your parents have learned a lesson with your brother. My advise. My advise is move out.
                        Actually my brother JUST moved out. One of the reasons I am so pissed about it is I got off work and spent a couple days in my brother's apartment and realised how much of a bum he is because he has no job and my parents pay for everything.

Comment

Hey, you're 21 - time to get out anyway. I went away for college so I go my first apartment when I was 19. Going to school and working to pay your way is tough but quite doable. My brother still lives at home and has always had a bad case of the stupid/irresponsible. I pay my way, so my brother and sister pay theirs. I consider it fair enough. My brother, though, needs to be kicked out of the house so he'll finally learn though.
                          2005 BB Rx-8 Gt - hella stock.

Comment

if they paid for all of that...then I'd expect them to do the same for you...

that's not right...
                            1998 Milano Red Civic DX 5spd - 1797cc B18C

photoPOC

Comment

It's not right for them to make you PAY when your brother is freeloading. That is F'd. Paying rent is one thing, but not if they pay for his apartment.
                              1993 Black Ford Probe GT, MTX, Gray Leather, Sunroof, etc. Pace-setter cat-back exhaust. Kumho Ultra-High Performance All-Season tires. Alpine Type-S 6 1/2'' fronts, Pioneer 6x8 backs..
                              Death is ugly cause you fear it, its beautiful to demons

Comment

Working...
                              X