Question about sub enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about sub enclosure

Guys I got a Question that is been bugging me for some time now .. I was wondering how big of a free air sub that you can put in the door pannels of a 2nd Gen Probe without making it look to ugly or outta place? .. Granted I have 2 10's in my truck and dont wanna drown out my subs in that back ..Any information would help.
    https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...st.followers.9
    If you live around Kansas check kcprobes.com Or MOPOC If you are in MO .

I'd think an IB sub wouldn't work well because the door wouldn't be sealed enough to keep the back wave from reaching the front wave. As far as I know IB subs are meant for large free air spaces (read: rear decks, etc).

I'm not saying it wouldn't work or be doable. I'm just wondering why you are trying to do IB subs in the doors.
    2000 Neon ES- Sony 310/Incriminator I65C/Rockford P250.2
    2000 Explorer Sport 2 door- Alpine 9886/Incriminator Death Row 15/Audiopipe APSM-1500/Knu Konceptz Wiring

Comment

So I can get more sound out of my stereo system an it would look more better at car shows to . I have taken the map pockets out and wanna cover up the ugly places were the map pockets used to be

Comment

As I said, it'd be doable, but why you'd want to, I don't know. An IB subwoofer is usually designed to use a large free air space as an enclosure of sorts, usually 5+ cubic feet. A typical car door is 2 cubic feet maximum internal airspace, and you'd still have to seal the door up completely.

If anything, you could use dedicated midbass, as they are usually designed to be used in smaller IB situations. A 6.5, 8, or 10 inch midbass would be a better option versus a subwoofer, especially if you are aiming at a show worthy system.
        2000 Explorer Sport 2 door- Alpine 9886/Incriminator Death Row 15/Audiopipe APSM-1500/Knu Konceptz Wiring

Comment

Will I found a new 2012 rockfordfosgate 6.5 with tweeters that I could use and also found the new rockfordfosgate 8 inch that I like as will . I have 6 1/2 in the doors now they are sony explods I also found Alpine 6.5 with tweeters also .

Although I love alpine and I have 2 10's in my truck and a Alpine amp I have heard not to many good things about Alpine and have heard more postive things about rockfordfosgate then anyone who makes midbass sub woofers

Comment

you dont have the mounting depth to mount a 10 inch sub really. at least not without building a entirely new custom set of door panels.
            PaTricK
            ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

have you concidered a decent 6x9? ive heard of people doing that

Comment

I had an idea the other day of building fiberglass incerts for a couple of 8 inch Rockfordfosgate's . Plus I would make em that much more better custome to my liken and would look really sweet after I am done with em to

Comment

OH MY ****ING LORD! If you want more sound out of the car... get a good set of 3 ways(3 different speakers) as i have said and get a high quality amp to drive them, dampen the doors as well. You will get more than enough sound to rip your face off!

Subwoofers are just that, intended for bass not just sound. Not sure what your budget is Garrick, but if you want something agressive, look at DLS or hertz, if you are after a little more SQ as apposed to SPL then look at Dine Audio or Audison.

You need to decide what you want. SPL or SQ. Then decide Passive or Active. Dont just through 10#s of shit in there and hope for the best.
                  -J-Rod-
                  301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
                  93 PGT-T
                  96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
                  08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod7920 View Post
                    OH MY ****ING LORD! If you want more sound out of the car... get a good set of 3 ways(3 different speakers) as i have said and get a high quality amp to drive them, dampen the doors as well. You will get more than enough sound to rip your face off!

Subwoofers are just that, intended for bass not just sound. Not sure what your budget is Garrick, but if you want something agressive, look at DLS or hertz, if you are after a little more SQ as apposed to SPL then look at Dine Audio or Audison.

You need to decide what you want. SPL or SQ. Then decide Passive or Active. Dont just through 10#s of shit in there and hope for the best.
                    That is what I was going to do Jarod and as for my budget its tight just like everyone else has I am still in the process of my build here and getting stuff done to it slowly but its getting done just like everybody else . For anyone who has ever seen trick my truck I am friends with Rob now and he's helping me set something really sweet up. He has a shop in Joplin Mo and how do you know or even have any knolwedge about audio sound anyway Jarod ?
                    Last edited by Manofthestreet; February 27, 2012, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Well, while sparing you most of my credentials. I am a master MECP tech i also worked for a company the specialized in high end car audio for many years. We did lots of integration that was designed to look and function like OEM. This wasnt just throw a box in the trunk or whatever and go. We did everything from cars, boats, dump trucks, PWC, golf carts...etc.

Want some examples? Mk

Boat install

Amp rack

Wired amp rack

Finished with cover

Source wiring

Finished product

Passenger cabin Complete with xbox 36" tv and Dine 3 ways

Battery rack

Wired battery rack

Lexus is300
                      Finished trunk

Ipod integration

these are just some highlights from builds that i personally worked on and built a great majority of the stuff you see in these pictures. Countless hours went into them especially the lexus and searay.
                      -J-Rod-
                      301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
                      93 PGT-T
                      96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
                      08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

Sweet bro I gotta say those are some clean builds and looks really good to ..Heck have you done anything like that to your PGT yet. I have seen a few PGT's with big systems and they looks really good. What makes it even better under the hood is the big 3 upgrade that helps give you more of power increase I cant wait to get mine done I am a poor white man and gotta do the whole payday to dayday thang and save a little here and save a little there .. But I get the Job done

Comment

I spy with my little eye some Zapco and Treo. Yummy.

Dynaudio is a hell of a company. And DLS and Hertz aren't any more SPL than Audison or Dynaudio. They are all quite firmly in the SQ game. The Treo you installed in the IS is more or less an SPL company, their CSX is one of the biggest SPL motors out there on the market, easy to rebuild to take 10k+ burps.

Comment

Working...
                          X