No announcement yet.

Brake pads are tight against rotor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can fit the calipers over the rotor, I wouldn't worry about it. The calipers will be pushed apart enough once turning ...... just like what happens in normal driving after you break.

Comment

Damn Nick, my head's spinning after that Inner/Outer cable monologue you have there.

drcpttec, just figure out which part is actually seized and you can go from there.
      BC Probe Owners Club is VERY MUCH ALIVE - www.bcpoc.ca
      93 PGT 2.5L SILVER - Stock DE, ZE Intake Manifold, T3/T4 .50/.63 AR Turbo, Valant Turbo Pipes, Tial 38mm Wastegate (~9PSI), Custom Water/Meth Injection, Megasquirt v3 (MSnS-Extra 029q2 Fuel/Spark), Millennia Injectors @ 70psi, 65mm TB, JJ Resonated TP, Centerforce DF Clutch, MX3 Flywheel, AWR Mounts, it begins all over again...
      93 PGT 2.5L BLACK Dismantled
      GARAGE - The hybrid with a piston hole... lots of various leftovers...

Comment

Originally posted by Xplode
        Damn Nick, my head's spinning after that Inner/Outer cable monologue you have there.
        Yep, my head was spinning as I wrote it! So much easier when you can just point and say "that bit there".

Comment

Originally posted by mxxxxxxxxxtreme
          If you can fit the calipers over the rotor, I wouldn't worry about it. The calipers will be pushed apart enough once turning ...... just like what happens in normal driving after you break.
          lol i have driven so long without a handbrake i was happy that when i put the new brake system in that i would finally be able to use it. Kinda bothers me that its broke. it moves a little bit i've noticed.. just doesn't release as far out as the other side does. hoping i can just set the caliper with the allen wrench to how far the e-brake cable will release.

Finished everything... now the brake pedal feels softer.. engages alot lower.. is that normal?
          Last edited by drcpttec; May 16, 2006, 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
          X