No announcement yet.

Clutched Eaton m45 kit (BOLT-ON)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ProjectGT - People put anywhere from 200whp to 250whp with 6psi of boost, I'm going to take a stab at the lower end to be fair and safe. I have some dyno tuning to do of the 2025, then we'll see Right now it is certainly on the rich side of things.

dan[sac] - I am trying to do FI for a living, not just a hobby I have full intentions to keep this kit around for as long as I do this.

unkowncitizen - You could fab up a CAI, however, I'm saving that time and effort for the future intercooler option. I am looking to get this CARB and TuV approved, the blower itself is already approved - however for our engine, it isn't, yet. At idle with out the blower i'm at 850, when the blower is turned on it goes to 1200. It has been smooth and consistant. If i try to adjust the idle to be lower when boosting, the car doesn't like it off boost.

scott - Nope, the PRD cap will not fit sorry.

maxxdamigz - Flow maps and charts can be obtained at www.eaton.com. At 6psi, It holds true and strong till redline (7k). I'm certain the cams don't like to make much power past there respective peek of 6250 though. I have seen these blowers push one bar, 14.7 psi on there native Mercedes engine. RickPGT96 has run his at 10psi with out a problem on our 2.5L V6.

zigzag - Your loss, but I'll be here for you!
    '00 Contour SVT - Stock and Reliable
    '93 Probe GT - Currently Grounded.

update your email address y0

Comment

Cool stuff man! Nice work!

Comment

Givin you mad props. Thats a pimp setup if i do say so myself. Wish i had 1300 bucks setting around. Although i do have a truck i may be able to sell. I am very intrested but as things are looking getting my motor rebuilt or buying a lower mileage engine to replace the one i have is a higher priority.

But yea mad props dude.

On a second note.. is there a possibility of a blower or a hoodscoop being integrated into this?
        My Cardomain page

Comment

ok, i'm pretty sure stacey approved this. i know i got a copy.
          ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be easier to comply with CARB emmisions by implementing a clutch to engage/disengage the S/C?

either way I'm interested as long as it gets CARB approval for our cars.
            Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6
            K&N CAI w/Open Shroud & Halltech Beehive
            Port matched intake manifold/exhaust
            Dual X-pipe conversion to Z06 HiFlow
            Diablo Sport ECU/TCM Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by starr_719
              Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be easier to comply with CARB emmisions by implementing a clutch to engage/disengage the S/C?

either way I'm interested as long as it gets CARB approval for our cars.
              it has a clutch...title of the thread...

ben

2007 Volvo S40 T5 AWD

Comment

D'oh!! I was just reading that and was going to edit my post...
                Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6

Comment

Originally posted by bencollinz
                  <--- Buyer #1 ...

ben
                  im #1, right pat???
                  W-I-M-P you cant spell wimp without the MP!

13B~Artillery is the life for me

Comment

Originally posted by bencollinz
                    <--- Buyer #1 ...

ben
                    im #1, right pat???

oh and ill sell ya my millenia injectors if you want them, i need money
                    W-I-M-P you cant spell wimp without the MP!

13B~Artillery is the life for me

Comment

Even with a clutch to disengage the blower, the kit will not pass california required visual inspections. ANY modification to air or fuel must be CARB approved. This is despite whether it passes an actual emission measurement, which I have no doubt this would. Now if you bypassed the blower and ran a CARB approved wai (hks or K&N fipk) for your scheduled smog check, you should pass even the visual. But neither Carb-legal wai kit llooks like it will fit w/out removing the blower.

And new laws to tackle CA street racing has prompted all hoods to be popped if you are pulled over and cited for non-Carb'd items. Otherwise, I would have had this kit already.
                      2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                      2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

*nod* Begi (Bell Engineering group) has made several aftermarket kits, and they are CARB approved. I know it is possible but how much hassle and $ it will cost will be another story.

~Patrick

Originally posted by c-man
                        Even with a clutch to disengage the blower, the kit will not pass california required visual inspections. ANY modification to air or fuel must be CARB approved. This is despite whether it passes an actual emission measurement, which I have no doubt this would. Now if you bypassed the blower and ran a CARB approved wai (hks or K&N fipk) for your scheduled smog check, you should pass even the visual. But neither Carb-legal wai kit llooks like it will fit w/out removing the blower.

And new laws to tackle CA street racing has prompted all hoods to be popped if you are pulled over and cited for non-Carb'd items. Otherwise, I would have had this kit already.
                        '00 Contour SVT - Stock and Reliable
                        '93 Probe GT - Currently Grounded.

update your email address y0

Comment

Chuck, as long as the components have CARB stickers or labels I can get mine passed and certified 'smog legal'. :wink:

it's all about who you know and how much they want...
                          Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6

Comment

I send you a email.

thank
                            Probe GT 1993:Teins SS coil over,HS headers,AWR motor mount, AWR trailling arm,addco swaybar,SS link kits,ss brake line,ss clutch line,walbro 255,Fidanza flywheel,RR UDP,18 spyn spyder wheel..

Comment

Free bump for an amazing setup at a ridiculously cheap price . I had the fun and luck of working with Patrick this summer while he was designing the supercharger setup and in addition, have rode in his vehicle while it was boosted.
                              When he says you can beat on the transfer shaft, believe it. Both he and I yanked on that sucker after it was bolted in (engine running mind you with the belts attached) and the only thing that served to do was rock the car. The belt didn't shift a bit.
                              I also got to see the prototyping and some of the thought and work that went behind the design of the kit. This is as rock solid setup a setup as you are going to find anywhere people for an incredibly low price (especially compared to the likes of... other.. alternatives).
                              In addition, anyone who has ever met Patrick would agree with me when I say that if he backs this product with a warranty, that warranty is as good as gold (or another set of bearings if by some act of the devil you happen to bust one). It makes me wish I didn't have to sell my 96PGT . Ah well, I take comfort in knowing that the current owner of my former obsession is actually in the process of having one of these kits installed (Living vicariously through other probe owners, I am sure others can tell you about that ). Ok, end of sales pitch for a great product, back to trying to figure out who owns the black right hand side drive PGT that parks by my window in London.
                              Last edited by Anakiris; October 8, 2004, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Man, I wish I'd have the money before this is out. Oh well, 2 grand is still a nice price to pay for this. I hope it gets CARB ceritfied.

Comment

Working...
                                X