Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mbolin5
    Winter.Raven,
    I have seen the intake mani, before it was shipped to you. I would take it down to your local machine shop and have them mill the bottom of the flanges where they meet up with the gasket surface to seal to the heads.

Like somebody said, in the welding process, these do warp.

If you do that, you wont need the RTV, period....besieds, it will give out on you over time anyway, so fix this once, and be done with it!
    You'll still need RTV but it could make things much better if they are warped.
    Adam Kirkpatrick
    1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
    2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
    1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

i dont think they are warped. im still having vac/idle issues. it only runs for a minute or two, and then dies. I replaced the wires so I have all my pistons now...time for a test drive.

Comment

How easy is it to bolt down? The way I built mine I had trouble getting all the bolts down tight and I think that was the cause of mine not ideling. Are you using allen head bolts? I'm not 100% sure but I dont think I could ever get mine to idle anywhere under 1000rpms. It did feel nice driving it though.
        Last edited by UnorthodoxCreat; June 20, 2005, 08:12 PM.
        Adam Kirkpatrick
        1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
        2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
        1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

So are there any pics up yet? and when will there be, i'd like to see some pics of this killer IM.
          Never make someone a Priority, When there only an option, Yesterday is old news...Move on.

myspace.com/maverick06xx

Comment

Originally posted by xxxmonoxidechil
            so is this STL kurts old czt mani? i saw his installed well over a year ago, and know his was the original proto-type
            same one pat... same one same problems

BTW that car (my 94) has a new IM on it now, shouldda been at 3m foo
            In our memories, he lives. Janusz we will miss you
            99 Arrest Me Red MGT

Comment

We need some pics of it asap lol even if the welds look bad who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by kikkinasphalt(MX6)
                same one pat... same one same problems

BTW that car (my 94) has a new IM on it now, shouldda been at 3m foo
                i thought it wasnt bad on your car, and it seriousely changed the exhaust note, by far the best sounding kl ive ever heard
                PaTricK
                ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

yea where are the pictures??? eh ??????

Comment

actually, im using pheno spacers on there, so I am using the outlaw engineering ones that come with the kit.

i think i am having some spark issues as well, i need to take care of them before i dyno it. No use in getting a dyno on 5 cylinders.

my idle problems for the most part are solved. It only dies occasionally, after a few minutes of idleing. im going to have it surfaced at a machine shop in a few weeks. All the welds are fixed, it doesnt look real great, but who cares.

Comment

hehe pics......alright, ill do it right now cause i love you guys

Comment

14 pics upcoming

Comment

Originally posted by Winter.Raven
                          14 pics upcoming

ima wait even know i have 56k

Comment

they are up there for ya

Comment

Where are the pictures again ??
                              I just want to shamelesly steal the design
                              What is it made of ? Steel or alu ?
                              Maybe the next prototype will be out of carbon fiber ? Way easier than wealding aluminum..
                              2007 Cobalt SS/SC
                              1994 GT, MX3 FW, Stage II CM, Borla, headers, STS

Comment

thats what i was doing, but i already have a pic of the ones that are supposed to be made, there in the pics forum

Comment

Working...
                                X