This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flapoc---

You seem well informed on this one! Great info. I could never find that many codes until I got the Factory Dealer service manual.

Curious though, mine gave a code 18. I could not find it in any manuals. Do you by chance know what it is?
    1989 PGT Turbo New Head, Injen intake, Intrax 1.75" drop on 18" Alba Catch with Nitto 21535ZR18
    Strut Bar, Dawes Device 12PSI
    Tokico Blues, Energy Endlinks
    90 GT grounds swap
    MECP Certified First Class Installer

Comment

There is no code 18, you probably mis-counted, check the code again and have someone else count the flashes.

Comment

Okee-dokee. Thanks for the info!
        1989 PGT Turbo New Head, Injen intake, Intrax 1.75" drop on 18" Alba Catch with Nitto 21535ZR18
        Strut Bar, Dawes Device 12PSI
        Tokico Blues, Energy Endlinks
        90 GT grounds swap
        MECP Certified First Class Installer

Comment

need help on engine codes

ok i know what codes i have and what they are, i have 5, 8, 9, 10, 16, 34, 42 now how do i fix these problems? well the wire broke off the idle air speed control valve so thats 10 but dose it need the idle air speed control valve to run right? i mean two injectors arent working right, the two in the middle 2 and 3, it runs but it runs bad, it wont stay on and it sounds like is miss firing i know the injectors are good, can it be the wireharness or the computer? need help lost.

Comment

Originally posted by 1989PGT
            ok i know what codes i have and what they are, i have 5, 8, 9, 10, 16, 34, 42 now how do i fix these problems? well the wire broke off the idle air speed control valve so thats 10 but dose it need the idle air speed control valve to run right? i mean two injectors arent working right, the two in the middle 2 and 3, it runs but it runs bad, it wont stay on and it sounds like is miss firing i know the injectors are good, can it be the wireharness or the computer? need help lost.
            The Probe is mainly ran off of sensors and the ECU. Without any output of signals to the ECU, the car will not run correctly. U need to go to a junkyard and replace the broken wire. As for the injectors, check the electrical connection to each injector. If thats good, either they are plain bad or clogged. Sounds like u got some work to do. Good luck!
            1990 PGL

Custom 2 1/4 Catback, Standard Cone Intake, Polished Valve Cover, More to Come!

Comment

need help

i checked the wires on the injectors they work, they got voltage, but are both wires supposed to have 12 volts?? and it aint the injectors cuz i switched them with the other two and it works the same. can it be the wire harness or the computer? can it also be machanical cuz i just rebuild the engine, the timing is correct, its got spark the compression is at 120 psi. the valves open its just those two cylinders that dont work i disconnect the injectors too those two cylinders and it runs the same i unmplugg the other two and it chokes and dies i have no clue whats up with it, i checked the wire harness and its fine. can it be the computer??? im lost need help.

Comment

The engine won't run worth anything if you don't solve some of these codes 5, 8, 9, 10, 16, 34, 42
                As told by some of these codes your getting, sounds like you either don't have good connection with the plug on the VAF meter, or your VAF meter is bad.
                If you need any more help post up a new thread, and we will try to help you in that thread.

Comment

need help

Originally posted by FLAPOC-Pres
                  The engine won't run worth anything if you don't solve some of these codes 5, 8, 9, 10, 16, 34, 42
                  As told by some of these codes your getting, sounds like you either don't have good connection with the plug on the VAF meter, or your VAF meter is bad.
                  If you need any more help post up a new thread, and we will try to help you in that thread.
                  ok i fixed all the codes exept for 5,16,and 42 and its till running on 2 cylinders, it stays on but it runs real rough on two cylinders im lost, ive heard it could be a vacuum leak? and what im thinking aswell can it be the valve stem seals?? could of the machine shop forget to put them in? or not put them on right?? cuz alot of air comes out the breather and alot of oil is coming out of the exhaust holes ? could some of the air be getting past the seals and only the ones on the two middle cylinders?? let me know what u think ? cuz im lost at whats wrong

Comment

If alot of blow by is going on then you are probably needing new piston rings.
                    Leaking valve stem seals will just cause oil to leak into the combustion chamber and then you will be burning oil, blue smoke out the tailpipe effect.

Comment

Originally posted by FLAPOC-Pres
                      If alot of blow by is going on then you are probably needing new piston rings.
                      Leaking valve stem seals will just cause oil to leak into the combustion chamber and then you will be burning oil, blue smoke out the tailpipe effect.
                      its all good now i found the problem its running great and im hauling ass thanks for everything

Comment

Great, Welcome

Comment

I have a 90 PGL automatic and I got codes 08 and 10, now how do I fix it?

Comment

Make sure the metal deal attached to the air filter box is plugged in.
                            Its called a VAF, and both of those devices are built into it.

Comment

what if I you cant pull codes from the ECU. The check engine lamp goes off completely when you ground the STI connnector but comes back on when you are not grounding it.

Does it mean the ECU's dead?
                              '93 GT, ATX, Grey.
                              '89 GT, MTX, Black, Totaled

Comment

Sure you have the right wire?

Comment

Working...
                                X