2.0L Cold Air Intake is done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0L Cold Air Intake is done!

Just to tease you all a little, I'm not posting pictures till tomorrow.

But just to highlight the neat things with it.

I tested temps of the cold air v.s a warm air intake. The warm air intake pulled about 150 degrees of air charge while the cold air pulled 110. That's 40 degrees, nearly 27% more efficient than a warm air!

The position of the filter is about an inch above the splash guard, which will keep it low and cool - but not TOO low.

The down-pipe (before the air sensor) has a bracket to mount it to the head solid, this is the first time I've seen this for a 2.0L cold air intake. Think of the hot-shot style for the 2.5L's.

Before the MAF is also a threaded bung for the intake temp sensor - this is also the first time I have ever seen this on an intake (cold or warm) for the 2.0L.

The down-pipe has a flange that bolts right to the MAF; this flange is also CNC cut to fit the OEM MAF correctly, and looks great as it compliments the OEM design.

It also comes with an elbow to hook to the Throttle body; I'm not sure yet if I'll add a bung in there for breather line - what do you guys thing? yae or nae?

I'm using the same Hose techinques Couplers and T-bolt clamps as I do with the 2.0L sc kit, heck, the MAF flange and bracket which holds it to the head is also from teh 2.0L SC kit!

The 'final' versions, of course, will all be powdercoated. They will be a dark grey textured finish, almost black.

The Price? Around $120 shipped.

Yes, it's not as cheap as a $40 'eBay' intake, but the fact that it's a full cold air intake with a real 40 degree temp difference in air charge, properly mounts all the OEM stuff that matters, bolts to the head for a safe and secure mount, fully powdercoated, quality 4-layer silicone couplers, stainless steel t-bolt clamps, REAL K&n air filter.. IMHO make it worth it.

Stay tuned, pictures up tomorrow!
    '00 Contour SVT - Stock and Reliable
    '93 Probe GT - Currently Grounded.

update your email address y0

for manual transmission 2.0Ls only I assume

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerGL
      for manual transmission 2.0Ls only I assume
      Hard to say with out an automatic to test it against.

Comment

well from what I have seen with any automatic transmission probe (2.5L or 2.0L it is a very tight squeeze getting down ANY intake down to the splash guard

Comment

awesome stuff. Can't wait to see it!
          i need to fix my email, cuz it's no good and i need to fix it

Comment

You know.. i suck. I got a camera sitter here, with all the pictures.. and i still havnen't uploaded 'em and it's about time for the easter meal. TODAY they get done, okay? =)

Comment

Good job Pat great to see things rolling with the new products, this should blow some of the "competitors" intakes out the water, as I have used some of thiers and wasn't pleased at all, either they'd fall apart for being 2 pieces or the filter was so far to the ground that I'd run it over. I think with the 40 degree temp drop and some thermospacers this should add a few good ponies to the 2.0

The ATX 2.0 cold air intake is probably the most irrelevant piece out on the market, it makes no sense to use it as the more power you add to the car the more likely the tranny will blow with it as well. You won't see too good of numbers as I did with my setup on my atx only due to the fact that the gearing for our trannys sucks unless you have a shift kit which I did that was the only way I was able to make good numbers and they really weren't all that great. But yes the atx cai is a tight squeeze your literally bending up the radiator hose to just get the 90 degree angle in there and on top of that your adding more heat than cold air with that hose in the way. If you want a true cold air setup relocate the battery and buy a protege cai this way everything is out of the way. IMO if you have to use the atx cai to save on some gas it helped me out actually.
              My Cardomain Site As always updated pictures

Comment

where are the pics?

Comment

pics?

Comment

Give The Man A Break! lol I would love to see the pictures Too lol

Edberg
                    1993 2.0 E-bay headers,CAI,Stock Gt Rims and bodywork being done.

Comment

Pics
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      Pics

Comment

Would love to see Pictures whats going on?

Edberg
                        1993 2.0 E-bay headers,CAI,Stock Gt Rims and bodywork being done.

Comment

Hmm.. my digicam died? I'll borrow a cam soon here, I gotta pick this up along with a few other things from my powdercoating shop as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X