!KLDE head VS KLZE head!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !KLDE head VS KLZE head!

May be you have already known it, but I was suprised. I checked heads on our vacuum stend for heads(it is like dyno for engines) and had surprising results!
    Look:

pink - stock KLZE head
    blue - stock KL head
    red - improved KL head on stock valves

red - stock KLZE head
    green - improved KLZE head on stock valves.

Stock kl head = Improved KLZE head on stock valves.
    Last edited by Mad; October 8, 2009, 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Mazda MX-3 KLZE 11.9 1/4 mile
    www.horse-power.ru

wow thats cool man.

so you think DE oval ports flow better then ZE square ports?

and DE heads improved?????? do you mean ported and polished up a bit?

i plan on buying klg4 heads and doing my best to port& polish them for when i boost in a few months

do you think it will help me spool up quicker? it should right
    Last edited by maac0953; October 8, 2009, 11:39 PM.
    black 94 probe gt-on 5lbs boost - t3/t4 50trim dynoed at 210hp & 194 tq on fmu

Comment

I am sure, absolutly! DE heads are better.
      De heads improved is red on 1 picture. Yes we ported and polished them, worked with edge of valves(i dont how it in english) and improved combustion chamber. I ll show improved heads photos later.
      geometry of head is more important then size of intake and exhaust.
      www.horse-power.ru

Comment

wow man that is an awesome find!
        95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
        Built, Not Bought.
        No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

great cause ZE heads suck anyways cause they have thinner retainers and break at hi revv's. its been proved on here and my friends last 2 ze's shot valves threw the pistons.lol

iam sticking to DE's. nuts.
          black 94 probe gt-on 5lbs boost - t3/t4 50trim dynoed at 210hp & 194 tq on fmu

Comment

very interested, i'd like to know some more in-dept info.

-v

Comment

Hell ya i'd like to have get info on this.
              i was just about to get a ZE.
              i think i might just wait a little longer.

Comment

Originally posted by maac0953 View Post
                great cause ZE heads suck anyways cause they have thinner retainers and break at hi revv's. its been proved on here and my friends last 2 ze's shot valves threw the pistons.lol

May be, but i never had problems with retainers. We always use custom
                duralumin retainers.

What information do you need?
                Last edited by Mad; October 9, 2009, 01:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                www.horse-power.ru

Comment

Originally posted by maac0953 View Post

Yes ze heads tend to fail because of their retainer and spring design but that issue can easily be fixed by switching to klde springs and retainers or getting interprep springs and using stock de retainers..

Now back on topic.. This is indeed interesting info and im glad you posted it up.. I have a set of de heads that i ported on the intake side to ze specs and then ported and polished on the exhaust side for my 2nd turbo engine im building.. So im glad i went with a good choice.. It just makes me wonder what allows them to flow more over the bigger port ze heads??
                  1995 turbocharged pgt with countless mods.. check it out here
                  http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20602
                  1993 turbocharged pgt daily driver check it out here..
                  http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20602/73905

Comment

Originally posted by jasons96pgtze View Post
                    Yes ze heads tend to fail because of their retainer and spring design but that issue can easily be fixed by switching to klde springs and retainers or getting interprep springs and using stock de retainers..

Now back on topic.. This is indeed interesting info and im glad you posted it up.. I have a set of de heads that i ported on the intake side to ze specs and then ported and polished on the exhaust side for my 2nd turbo engine im building.. So im glad i went with a good choice.. It just makes me wonder what allows them to flow more over the bigger port ze heads??
                    Well... I really don't know a ton about THESE engines... but I've been big into motocross my whole life, and have had many engines built... and this fact, I assume, would apply to any sort of engine. It's not always about the size of the port... When we'd have stuff ported (cylinders on two strokes and heads on four strokes), the porters would always stress that you can't just go and make the ports bigger. In some cases, they would actually make ports smaller. Don't think that bigger ports=more power. It's far more complicated than that. It's about the vacuum that the ports can pull, I think, and it's not as easy with huge ports unless the rest of the engine suits those conditions, as well. Make sense?
                    95 Rio Red Probe GT MTX:My baby! Black N' Loaded 97 Interior, New paint,GTS stripes,CAI, STS, test pipe- Crashed
                    91 Graphite Probe GL- The beater probe

Comment

Yes it makes sense thanks for explaining that to me.. However, i feel that my engine would make more power with ze heads over de heads because my whole engine is designed using ze parts.. In high boost applications like mine i dont see how de heads could be better than ze heads but i guess i could be wrong.. This is interesting info for sure tho..

Comment

I not going to say I know anything about this but there is one thing I noticed when I had the ZE and DE heads beside each other. The intake ports where the injectors spray are different. The DE's are wider/bigger than the ZE's.
                        REVOLUTION IS A BEAST THAT LIVES WITHIN OUR SOULS, A BEAST THAT IS THE ESSENCE OF HUMAN LOVE, BORN FROM THE MOLDS OF TRUTH, REASON, AND JUSTICE. DEHUMANIZED INSTITUTIONS HOLD THE POWER TO DECEIVE THE BEAST, PLACEING IT IN A WORLD WHERE IT'S SENSES DO NOT FUNCTION. IT IS DELIBERATELY BLINDED AND DEAFENED BY A VEIL OF IGNORANCE. UNTIL IT FALLS INTO A DEEP SLUMBER. THIS IS AN ERA RULED BY CORRUPTION, DECEPTION, AND INJUSTINCE. IF THE BEAST IS NOT AWAKEND, THE DESTRUCTION OF HUMANITY IS INEVITABLE.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech73 View Post
                          I not going to say I know anything about this but there is one thing I noticed when I had the ZE and DE heads beside each other. The intake ports where the injectors spray are different. The DE's are wider/bigger than the ZE's.

Maybe this is allowing the fuel to atomize better in the combustion chamber..

Comment

*johnny depp voice* "that's interesting..."
                            1994 Probe 16v
                            1995 Probe 24v
                            1994 Mustang GT 5.0
                            1993 Probe 24v
                            1996 Mustang SVT Cobra
                            1993 Probe GT
                            2003 SVT Cobra Terminator

Comment

ok from what i know smaller ports = more volocity= more air travel= better atomized fuel. if you want you head done right you need a flow meter and time.. i do not think forced induction really needs smaller ports it might restrict to much... keep in mind when its time to do your head have all your parts in mind maybe talk to the shop you are getting them done at for there advice. if not you might be losing to much power over all.. once you are ready to slap a motor together for what ever you want and you are commited to this type of build then get your heads done..

also i believe valve seat angle plays some into this also
                              Last edited by jestr; October 9, 2009, 11:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X