Project Casper - KL Rx7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
    I thought that the base of the front windscreen is a low pressure region at speed?

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-20...-1600x1200.jpg

When there begins to be a void in the airstream near the base of the windscreen -isn't that area low pressure?
    What you are seeing is the velocity profile, zero speed = higher pressure pushing up that smoke stream.

As you can see in this case on probe there is a low pressure spot right after radiator which would be ideal for gt500 or evo style vent.
    93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
    Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
    1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

Well done Marc! And thanks for the updates.
      Jay McKoskey
      2.5 KL ---> Miata

Comment

great job on the build! will you be taking some videos of the car?
        Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.

my garage

Comment

wow nice work videos please
          93 mazda mx6 turbo 650whp

Comment

Don't make it on PT much anymore, but this is amazing. Glad to see this thing made it to the end and is now road legal. Killer work
            1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
            Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
            1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
            2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

outstanding Job!!!
              93 PGT- street/track build KLZE, All Go no show! Cracked block repairs in progress.
              95 PGT- Daily Driver KLDE, body kit, 18in rims, cai, dual exhaust, plugs and wires.
              96 PGT- Turbo Project KLZE, will be both Show AND GO!
              1998 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Street/Strip project. if you wanna know whats under the hood come and find out!

Comment

This is beautiful work! Great job, man! Don't come out on PT much anymore, but I should!

I'm loving the COP setup. I'm using the Honda COP setup with MS3-Pro, and helped Sanjay set his up the same way. Very similar to yours.

Any recent updates?
                1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
                1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

Car is hasn't exploded yet Going to remake the intake manifold. During welding the flanges warped and I've never been entirely happy about that. It was skimmed to make it true, but the fuel rail never fit the same way. The rx7 oil cooler along with improving the coolant hoses has solved the heating problems Very tight for space for manifold but I knew that from the start. So much fun feeling a KL kick the back end out!
                  MX-3 DETurbo, 291BHP @ .6bar, MSnS-coilpacks, millenia IM, MFactory LSD, light DIY P&P, Kl01cams, Fidanza, ExedyPP, ACT 6puck, 5 stud SSR TypeC, XYZ coilovers, wire tuck... the list goes on

Comment

Originally posted by marcdh View Post
                    The bell housing was scanned to assist accuracy in hole placement.

when you say scanned........do you mean like a big copier/scanner?
                    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

so what numbers can you give us as far as power and boost
                      Originally posted by marcdh View Post
                      Car is hasn't exploded yet Going to remake the intake manifold. During welding the flanges warped and I've never been entirely happy about that. It was skimmed to make it true, but the fuel rail never fit the same way. The rx7 oil cooler along with improving the coolant hoses has solved the heating problems Very tight for space for manifold but I knew that from the start. So much fun feeling a KL kick the back end out!
                      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                      2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Working...
                      X