• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like those headlights. They came out great
    93 Probe GT
    Its not a PROBLEM. It's a PROBE LUM

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d..._5571185_n.jpg

Comment

Thanks. The headlights still aren't done though. Im going to build the surrounds on them eventually so you can't see the inner part.

Tomorrow, Im going to start dicking with the shaft setup again. I think I found a better way to route the big belt and bypass the AC compressor completely AND I can run the alternator in the normal fashion, which will eliminate the need for a smooth alty pully. This way if there is a problem, I can throw a stock belt on and bypass the shaft.
      Jim K.
      :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Doing it right...thats what i like to hear. I didnt feel it was necc to go through all that jazz for the quad lights..i bought Probe Addiction lights instead. Still need cash for the projectors. Anyways...keep up the good work
        93 Probe GT
        Its not a PROBLEM. It's a PROBE LUM

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d..._5571185_n.jpg

Comment

I like to be a pioneer. I love to try things no else has, thus, I have a very unique set of mods throughout the car that I don't go into much detail with on here strictly to keep them my own. One day I might sit down and spill my guts on everything that i've done but that's a looong ways away.
          Jim K.
          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

i want details on the vac line delete. jealous lol
            93 PGTZE MTX .KSPORT Kontrol coilovers, AWR trailing arms/sway bar/adjustable endlinks, mx6 trans,Hotshot CAI,5Zigen 5ZR 17's, Test Pipe, 2.5 inch Magnaflow Catback, SSAC Headers,KL09 ecu w/KL31 chip for ZE, Shift Bushings, AC delete, AWR mounts front rear and side,RR Shift Stablizer bushing, 8 Ball shifter, Tenzo R's, PRD FSTB, Ebay RSTB, Harness Bar, Halogen Projectors(Sleepy Eyes) , 96 body styling,fresh paint.

Comment

To be completely honest here, my stock ECU was probably just retarded. I left all the vacuum solenoids (VRIS, EGR, purge, etc) plugged into the harness. Tied open my VRIS butterflies and every vacuum line was removed from those solenoids and the vac ports on the manifold that were then un-used were capped off. My purge canister was removed. You can eliminate half the vac lines, and I can guarantee you will not off a CEL, simply by eliminating all the VRIS and purge vacuum lines. The only thing that would actually have any feeback to the ECU on whether or not the vac lines are hooked up would be the EGR system, since there is a lift sensor on the EGR itself to monitor its operation. On a 96-97, there is a "boost sensor" which detects pressure changes in the manifold from the EGR valve operation. Removing the vac lines and disabling this monitoring system may or may not set off a check engine light. Mine never did, but others will. Just the luck of the draw on that one.
              I hope you didn't get lost on all that. I know its a lot if info to digest.
              Last edited by WhiteDart; April 27, 2010, 07:50 PM.
              Jim K.

Comment

i know what you are talking about from experiance on my pgt lol. i have done that with the vac lines myself. personally tho i would rather use my DE im than my milly im with the vris hooked up.
                94 PGT
                [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

Jim wants the shaft again.....bwahahahahahaha! J/K do it!
                  89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
                  92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
                  91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
                  91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
                  "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

Just not a good week for the car. Passenger side fog busted (stone impact. 3rd set in two months) my amp for my subs blew, the glass face on my fuel pressure gauge on my AFPR randomly blew out, and I just noticed someone busted my passenger side window switch plate.
                    Jim K.

Comment

that sucks

Comment

Got new fogs installed today. I got a hold of a buddy that needed his lawnmower fixed and I gladly did so in exchange for a new amp. Dunno what it is but it kinda cool looking.
                        I suppose ill just let all the oil leak out of the gauge. Needle might vibrate a bit more. Shouldnt hurt anything.
                        I have to get into my stash of switch plates to replace mine.

Beginning test fitment of SCer shaft this week. Maybe install next weekend?
                        Also have a false floor to begin work on. Need to come up with a large piece of sheetmetal to cover the spare tire well.

Once the tire well is patched, Magnaflow #2 can be installed.

Then theres Andy's car I have to do stuff to...

It just never ends!!!
                        Last edited by WhiteDart; May 3, 2010, 10:03 PM.
                        Jim K.

Comment

What are you going to use for EMS for the SC this time?

Comment

Millenia MAF and hope.
                            Jim K.

Comment

Well....with Milli S injectors and the afpr you can get the afr in the ball park...I'm worried about timing.

Comment

Im going to try the stock injectors first. MAF installed pre-SCer. Going to also install an FMU as a backup (in the likely event that the ECU cant read the increased air flow) but leave the reference line unhooked for initial testing. I still have my Millie injectors in the rails that I can toss in if need be. As for timing, im kinda in the dark about it. All the researching Ive done doesnt give me a single hint on what kind of timing the Millie ECU has. I need to get my damn laptop to agree with my OBDII software and have someone watch it while I do some pulls N/A and see where it goes to. Since the ECU was in a non-performance vehicle, I hoping that it runs a little less timing. The stock ECU DOES have a knock sensor though.
                                Jim K.

Comment

Working...
                                X