Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you cannot swap obd1 and obd2 ecus with out swapping harnesses or getting an jumper harness the connectors are totaly differant
    95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
    94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
    93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
    97&94&93 PGT gone
    DALE

Comment

• ok yea so i dont know why the fuel would cut out then i have to barely hold the gas down and it willl run past 3 k but im tired of messing with the FS im moving on to the KL
      95 PGT Current project
      95 PSE swapped in 93 KL...Headers.... K&N cold Air.... Gutted Caged and ready for Dirt
      01 Seabring Convert 01 Neon Rims With Spacers..
      99 Olds Cutlas DD

Comment

• Have to disagree on must be 93-97 as I have just completed MTX conversion using a November 91 tagged MX-6 as a donor car and the results are outstanding awsome close ratio's and the only thing I had to modify was the brake pedal, it needed a stop added to it.
        94PGT (MX6-MTX) K&N Apollo CAI, billet burp tank, OBX Headers now wrapped H/F CAT 2.25 Cat back courtesy GTHeydon, Catch cans, Dropped 30mm on Lovells springs front, King springs rear, 16mm Whiteline rear swaybar, Front & Rear strut braces, Bendix titanium stripe ceramic brake pads, Mechanical TBT, HEI mod, poly mounts.

Comment

• Funny, I needed to make a stop on my pedal assembly too and it was pulled from an mx-6. The stoplight switch was different but the pedal assembly accepted the one from the ATX probe no problem, I just had to make a stop out of silicone to get it to work right.

Comment

• how long does it normally take to install this tranny thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprocket3 View Post
              Have to disagree on must be 93-97 as I have just completed MTX conversion using a November 91 tagged MX-6 as a donor car and the results are outstanding awsome close ratio's and the only thing I had to modify was the brake pedal, it needed a stop added to it.
              yours might be different seeing how your not from the us but im not sure
              95 PGT Current project
              95 PSE swapped in 93 KL...Headers.... K&N cold Air.... Gutted Caged and ready for Dirt
              99 Olds Cutlas DD

Comment

• Nice info. So there is no need to swap the ecu's out?

Comment

• not really no it will run fine without swapping the ECU but the OD light will be on for sure.
                  95 PGT Current project
                  99 Olds Cutlas DD

Comment

• 97 GTS MTX swap

I've been wanting to swap my trans for a while now and discovered a guy on Craigs list who had a complete setup (engine, trans, computer, & all associated components) to do the conversion. Figured on rebuilding the engine and swapping the whole works at once. He declared it to be a 97 but once I got it home where I could access the internet and look up the numbers I discovered it was a 94.
                    So now I guess I need to find a KLG2 computer as the KL07 and KL48B he gave me wont work in my obdII probe.
                    What I'm wondering is if there's any way to pull this off with my existing automatic ecu?
                    I can deal with the neutral safety switch, backup lights, etc.. but I'm afraid it will throw a code since the ecu monitors the automatic transmission. It will not pass inspection if the CEL is lit.
                    Has anybody successfully done this? I know I can buy a KLG2 on eBay for another $175 but I've already sunk way more money into this car than it's worth and I'd like to stop the bleeding.
                    Thanks........
                    .............David

Comment

• I'm running the auto ecu in my car and it's throwing 8 codes, four related to the engine and 4 related to the missing automatic transmission sensors. Before the swap there wasn't a single code. I'm going to invest in an mtx ecu as soon as I can get my car out of storage
                      97 pgt, manual swap, jdm lsd trans, cm stage 2 clutch, mx3 flywheel, cai

2001 626

Comment

• Originally posted by 93pgtravis View Post
                        I'm running the auto ecu in my car and it's throwing 8 codes, four related to the engine and 4 related to the missing automatic transmission sensors. Before the swap there wasn't a single code. I'm going to invest in an mtx ecu as soon as I can get my car out of storage
                        Thanks for the reply! That's exactly what I was afraid of.
                        Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and buy the right ECU..

Thanks.........
                        .................David

Comment

• Originally posted by DReed View Post
                          Thanks for the reply! That's exactly what I was afraid of.
                          Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and buy the right ECU..

Thanks.........
                          .................David

That sucks, I just remembered that with my 94, the ATX ECU is separate. With the ODBII having everything integrated, make sense to swap the ecu for a mtx
                          1994 MX-6 LS ATX/MTX Swap
                          What have I done to it? Stuff...
                          What will be done to it next? More Stuff...
                          Build Thread - http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/24...ld-thread.html

Comment

• Will the xtremethings ecu work for this swap?

Comment

• Does anyone no were i can get pedal assembly beside junk yard i have been looking an cant seem to find a 93-97 probe or 626 mx6 any help would be helpful in so many ways thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X