Ummmmm. $90,000 Hyundai??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ummmmm. $90,000 Hyundai??

Well, ummmm check out the new 2011 Hyundai Equus. It costs $90,000 and is made to compete with the Benz S-Class and BMW 7 series.

I predict it will be discontinued within 10 months after introduction. Just like the VW Phaeton. Not to mention the notorious Hyundai depreciation. Within one year, this 90K car will be worth about 50K. In two years, it will be worth about 25-30K.

S-Class and 7 series owners will ABSOLUTELY NOT cross shop at the Hyundai dealership. Hyundai dealerships are not even equipped to offer the same level of service as these other dealerships.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ew-photos.html
    89 GT - It's kinda a big deal... SUMMERTIME with 18s - http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/DSC00234.jpg WINTER TIME on chrome swirlies - http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/r...enswirlies.jpg

Bulky rear end... I don't like it, looks like they are trying to hard, but maybe it's just me. It's a bad time to be introducing a high priced car with this economy. Best of luck to them though.

Comment

it doesn't look like it worth more than a beemer to me...
      Old Probe - White 95 PGT - She's in a better place now
      New Probe - White 95 PGT (Victoria) I-H-E/Mille Miglia EVO-5 rims/Euro Tails/Ksport Springs/KYB-GR2 struts/ZE-DE Hybrid in the works SOLD

Comment

top pf that page it says not sold in the USA
        1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

looks like a tractor trailer hit the car and that was the best the body shop can do

Comment

The car is already sold outside the US. It is coming to America in 2011.
            89 GT - It's kinda a big deal... SUMMERTIME with 18s - http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/DSC00234.jpg WINTER TIME on chrome swirlies - http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/r...enswirlies.jpg

Comment

Hyundai still cannot come up with their own design?

Comment

Originally posted by doc Jones View Post
                Hyundai still cannot come up with their own design?
                x2 for sure.

looks like a mercedes front end with the new dodge side rear fender lines.
                Turbo'd 94 Mx6 12.87 @ 115 on 5 psi.
                Built by Me, eBay and zip ties.
                96 White M-Edition mx6 Being built with above's parts, just less tip ties and sketchyness.

Comment

benz rear end with avenger headlights and a pontiac grill
                  -Roman
                  93 teal mist PGT.....RIP march 21, 2008
                  95 white PGT....blown up, sold
                  94 325i...boring dd
                  02 R6....toy

Comment

With this car Hyundai is coming full circle as a force to be reckoned with in the future. From 50K mile throw away cars in the mid 90's to 90K dollar luxury cars in 2009. Like it or not, Hyundai is here to stay.
                    2004 SRT-4 - 15lbs of too much fun! Saving up for a stage 3 setup! .50 trim turbos are indeed fun!

Looking for another PGT when I rebuild my SRT4! Anyone wanna sell me theirs?

Comment

i actually like it! Hyundai has definitely stepped their game up!!!!
                      -Randall-
                      Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps
                      vehicleless

Comment

seen the youtube genesis video? testing base model car shutters hardcore in turns and gets stuck in 4th gear - the thing is brand new and 2 major problems already i believe it was the turbo one and thier sport model is 3.? v6
                        89 PGT: DD, stock until spring

Comment

For years Hyundais have attempted to look like Mercedes with that front end, particularly the Mercedes bug-eyes. They have always been, and will always be, seen as Mercedes knock-offs to be driven by housewives and corporate guys who can't afford the top tier cars but want to look the part.

Comment

A $90,000 car from a company that was considered a joke less than 15 years ago?

I like how they have BMW wheels on the car in that drawing. Don't they have their own ideas? Didn't Jaguar sue them a few years back for making their one car look like a Jag?
                            MMIV, MMV, MMVI, MMVII, HH2k2, HH2k3, HH2k4, HH2k5, HH2k6, HH2k7, HH2k8

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo_Threat View Post
                              S-Class and 7 series owners will ABSOLUTELY NOT cross shop at the Hyundai dealership. Hyundai dealerships are not even equipped to offer the same level of service as these other dealerships.
                              people said the same thing about toyota and lexus 15 years ago. and look how much thats changed.
                              PaTricK
                              ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X