Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in SC want a set of FD rims with tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post
    Only thing I hate chasing more than coolant / oil leaks are vacuum leaks. Blah.

Trying to decide if I want to sell the MS3 and get a better daily driver. Probably going to put it back to stock and see what's up.

They not have internet in Uzbekistan where SumR went?
    Yeah I see the small pool near the bottom radiator hose but both clamps are tightened. Gonna have to use the dye to find the exact spot. Then Subaru wants you to use some snake oil stop leak conditioner product in every flush. I ordered some of that as well just because they recommend it, required for some of the late 90s 2.5's.

A better daily driver? You mean faster or what? You need some AWD power.

Nein! She hasn't really even posted to fb in a while.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
      Yeah I see the small pool near the bottom radiator hose but both clamps are tightened. Gonna have to use the dye to find the exact spot. Then Subaru wants you to use some snake oil stop leak conditioner product in every flush. I ordered some of that as well just because they recommend it, required for some of the late 90s 2.5's.

A better daily driver? You mean faster or what? You need some AWD power.

Nein! She hasn't really even posted to fb in a while.
      On the 7 the radiator outlet was corroded to the point of being eaten past the clamp so it leaked a little bit whenever it was pressurized. Replaced the super drift radiator with a stock one and it works fine. Now it's just oil leaks haha.

Nah, I need something that gets better gas mileage. I calculated them all for several tanks and (rx7 not included with its 13mpg) they all get around 22-24mpg on the highway cursing at 70-80mph. Yes, the only difference is premium fuel in the Mazda and Viper... Otherwise they all use the same amount of gas.

I have faster if I need it and I have AWD if I need it (and did this last week!). Time for something comfy that gets decent mileage and dosent need premium fuel. I was looking at a few subarus actually (none turbo obviously) and they seem to do ok. Need to find a crx or something rediculous and get 45mpg haha.

Maybe she got locked up or something
      Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

On the 7 the radiator outlet was corroded to the point of being eaten past the clamp so it leaked a little bit whenever it was pressurized. Replaced the super drift radiator with a stock one and it works fine. Now it's just oil leaks haha.

Nah, I need something that gets better gas mileage. I calculated them all for several tanks and (rx7 not included with its 13mpg) they all get around 22-24mpg on the highway cursing at 70-80mph. Yes, the only difference is premium fuel in the Mazda and Viper... Otherwise they all use the same amount of gas.

I have faster if I need it and I have AWD if I need it (and did this last week!). Time for something comfy that gets decent mileage and dosent need premium fuel. I was looking at a few subarus actually (none turbo obviously) and they seem to do ok. Need to find a crx or something rediculous and get 45mpg haha.

Maybe she got locked up or something
        Yeah I have a mishimoto radiator thats like got another 1/3 the size of the stock radiator so it cools more efficiently but the first one I got leaked out of the core and this one has a leak but I think it's from somewhere else. Free lifetime warranty replacements though. Let's hope I fix it.

Oh better mileage. Yeah get a subaru 2.5rs wagon or something. Whenever I get some space I'm probably gonna go the route of driving a forester and having some sort of project car for the weekend (possibly the WRX). That way I have a daily driver I can haul my bike around in and still get decent gas mileage.

das right, she probably did

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

Yeah I have a mishimoto radiator thats like got another 1/3 the size of the stock radiator so it cools more efficiently but the first one I got leaked out of the core and this one has a leak but I think it's from somewhere else. Free lifetime warranty replacements though. Let's hope I fix it.

Oh better mileage. Yeah get a subaru 2.5rs wagon or something. Whenever I get some space I'm probably gonna go the route of driving a forester and having some sort of project car for the weekend (possibly the WRX). That way I have a daily driver I can haul my bike around in and still get decent gas mileage.

das right, she probably did
          Yea, I was doing the math and if I was driving a car that could get 40 on the highway and took regular gas I would literally cut my gas bill in half. That frees up money for the other cars haha.

Maybe the whole Europe thing was a front. She just sold the CL so she could go move into the woods and live off the grid as the hippie she always wanted to be

Comment

Yea, I was doing the math and if I was driving a car that could get 40 on the highway and took regular gas I would literally cut my gas bill in half. That frees up money for the other cars haha.

Maybe the whole Europe thing was a front. She just sold the CL so she could go move into the woods and live off the grid as the hippie she always wanted to be
            I see. Should have bought the CL for amazing gas mileage!

I ordered a 180amp alt for my car yesterday. I had one that large in the probe and I loved it so this should get me motivated to do more audio work.

I guess the Columbia woods weren't rural enough for her?

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

I see. Should have bought the CL for amazing gas mileage!

I ordered a 180amp alt for my car yesterday. I had one that large in the probe and I loved it so this should get me motivated to do more audio work.

I guess the Columbia woods weren't rural enough for her?
              Yea I could have done that but I would be sea-sick by the time I got anywhere.

I just want the weather to stop sucking so I can get anything at all done with the cars!

Comment

Yea I could have done that but I would be sea-sick by the time I got anywhere.

I just want the weather to stop sucking so I can get anything at all done with the cars!
                Shoulda moved south not north. I just went to lunch and it was 65 outside, so perfect.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

Shoulda moved south not north. I just went to lunch and it was 65 outside, so perfect.
                  I'll bet! There are still 8ft piles of ice here

Comment

Just got told I'd get the 2garage + carport place I was looking at renting. Mwahaha. Added bonus is the prior renter had the garage wired for 220v for her oven so she could bake outside with family... I don't bake but my welder just found a nice home!

Comment

Just got told I'd get the 2garage + carport place I was looking at renting. Mwahaha. Added bonus is the prior renter had the garage wired for 220v for her oven so she could bake outside with family... I don't bake but my welder just found a nice home!
                      "renting" as you should so you can quickly move back to SC when the time comes
                      Sounds like a good place though. One day I want a 2 car garage with at least 1 bay free.

I'm going on a trip to the shenandoa mtns end of the month. Unfortunately not with my car, we are flying.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

"renting" as you should so you can quickly move back to SC when the time comes
                        Sounds like a good place though. One day I want a 2 car garage with at least 1 bay free.

I'm going on a trip to the shenandoa mtns end of the month. Unfortunately not with my car, we are flying.
                        Uh yea haha. I don't plan on being here for much longer than this next lease. On top of the fact that for what I'd pay for a house up here vs down there I could buy a SC house + lambo for what I'd have in the same house in VA.

Comment

Uh yea haha. I don't plan on being here for much longer than this next lease. On top of the fact that for what I'd pay for a house up here vs down there I could buy a SC house + lambo for what I'd have in the same house in VA.
                          Agree. Plus all my friends say it's tough to even find houses there. The only plus is that they have the basements there.

Go with the lambo!

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

Agree. Plus all my friends say it's tough to even find houses there. The only plus is that they have the basements there.

Go with the lambo!
                            It's not impossible but they are just $$$ for what they are. Most are single (small) garages on no land. Or you have to live in the country to get anything with space. Houses near the populated areas weren't meant to do anything but live in and leave for work.

and all the basements flood.

Comment

It's not impossible but they are just $$$ for what they are. Most are single (small) garages on no land. Or you have to live in the country to get anything with space. Houses near the populated areas weren't meant to do anything but live in and leave for work.

and all the basements flood.
                              Oh I know. We have a location up in DC and the people there always tell me that. They have to live like 30 minutes out just to find a place and it's just like that, no land, houses right next to each other and only a place to sleep.

Never heard of too many basements flooding though. My aunt and uncle live in Maryland and I've never heard of any flooding in there's the entire time I've been alive.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

Oh I know. We have a location up in DC and the people there always tell me that. They have to live like 30 minutes out just to find a place and it's just like that, no land, houses right next to each other and only a place to sleep.

Never heard of too many basements flooding though. My aunt and uncle live in Maryland and I've never heard of any flooding in there's the entire time I've been alive.
                                Think I might be able to bring out the viper this weekend still piles of snow 6ft high in some places

Comment

Working...
                                X