Engine running rough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine running rough

When I start the engine cold, feels like it's missing one 1 cylinder. After about a minute of driving things smooth out, but later when it gets warmed up it starts missing/sputtering under heavy load. This gets even worse when the engine is really warmed up, to the point almost any increase in throttle causes it.

Any thoughts as to what's up? Fuel or spark issue? I changed the plugs and wire-set so far. Disty cap will be next. I'm planning to check for presence of spark at each cylinder when engine is cold.

'95 PGT

disty?

Comment

take the ditsy apart and check the plastic piece that covers everything. if its cracked then you need a new ditsy. i had the same problem. you push on the gas and the engine basically stops making power and bogs down.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll take a look at the distributor in the am.

One interesting thing I noticed today, is when I'm cruising around 40mph, downshift into second, then floor it the problem goes away mostly. It's only when I'm in the taller gears (like 5th at that same speed) and give it a lot of gas where it acts up.

I changed a faulty fuel injector not long ago with a used one and am wondering if that might have something to do with things too. The car didn't have this issue prior to that.

I'll report back what I find out.. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X