Feramic is the best clutch material ever made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feramic is the best clutch material ever made

Feramic is a cinderd iron clutch facing that has graphite impregnated into it. It has more holding power than ceramic, it engages way smoother than ceramic and won't eat up the flywheel like ceramic.

The best part is that it can be used on a puck style clutch disc or a full face clutch disc. And it can be coupled up with other friction products to fit different torque levels.

These are available for all Probes. Here is a link. Check it out...

Andy

http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/images/100_0976.gif

Yes, for an all around clutch that is much less likely to break our transmissions from shock loading due to harsh engagement, feramic seems to be the hot ticket.

I've yet to see a disc that can compete with the OFE in streetability, reliability, and holding power. Nice job
    94 MX3 V6 - 403 whp 412 ft lbs 15 psi pump gas. RIP
    98 Ford Ranger 2wd: 5.0L twin turbo. 10 psi 408 rwhp 491 ft lbs 14 psi 478 rwhp 632 ft lbs
    04 Volvo S60R 6 spd

Comment

is that disc hardcore enough?

Comment

I ran a kevlar before, and with a 1700 lb pressure plate, it held 397 tq for a good while before i got occasional slipping. This disc has a higher coefficient of friction, so it should hold the 450-500 hp/tq I'm shooting for.
        98 Ford Ranger 2wd: 5.0L twin turbo. 10 psi 408 rwhp 491 ft lbs 14 psi 478 rwhp 632 ft lbs
        04 Volvo S60R 6 spd

Comment

Im actualy in the marker for a new clutch, next week I'll be Ordering one, but my question is, if i buy the dxd-F kit with the regular pressure plate, will the clutch hold up to 350hp + and torque?? or should I go with the DXD-F kit SS Stage 5, its a bit more expensive, but i have the money and if it holds 98% more then It probably would be a good choice, any sugestions please.

Thank you
          1991 Probe GT -=| Garrett GT3071R 0.63A/R external wastegate |=- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2295188

Comment

I'm in the markeR for a new clutch as well.

I'm sick of the damn chatter off my spec stage 3, been looking for a full face with decent holding power. The spec engaged quite harsh and I'm thinking it's to blame for popping my diff pin through the case.

Anyone running these feramic clutches yet?

I'd like to hear real world opinions on one before I buy one.
            DE/ZE Hybrid 189 WHP 165 WTQ <--- SPUN #6
            Motor #3 184 WHP 159 WTQ pulled from junkyard... DE PISTONS/HEADS 125,000 miles
            BACK TO MOTOR #1 REBUILT, NO NUMBERS YET

Comment

so how much is it for this clutch? for 2.5 2nd gen

Comment

if i read the web site correctly, the full face two side feramic is 550 with the better pressure plate. 82% increase in holding

Comment

thats what i was afraid of
                  thanks

Comment

Ive got 800 miles on my OFE. Engages nice and smooth for a clutch that can hold as much as it does. Havent had the chance to up the boost and tune for 20 psi and 450ish whp yet though, so we shall see
                    04 Volvo S60R 6 spd

Comment

Just to clarify...

You're running a full face feramic? Both the flywheel and PP sides of the disc are feramic? This PP is a heavy duty version?

I just want to make sure I'm buying exactly what I want.

Comment

Im running the OFE, which is full face feramic on the flywheel and organic on the pressure plate with a sprung hub. Im using an 1800 lb pressure plate with it.
                        04 Volvo S60R 6 spd

Comment

Im running one too
                          Its a full faced Feramic on both sides and so far (12k miles) has been holding good. Mine was rated somewhere 365whp or smth like that which i dont think i will exceed it for a while.
                          Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
                          1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
                          1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
                          1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

would this clutch be good for n/a? i only have the mods listed on my sig...and later down the road im gonna supercharge it, but is it worth the mony to jusr get it while im n/a?

Comment

Originally posted by akmer
                              would this clutch be good for n/a? i only have the mods listed on my sig...and later down the road im gonna supercharge it, but is it worth the mony to jusr get it while im n/a?
                              The good thing about this clutch is that it feels like stock but holds the power and right now im not boosted yet
                              Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
                              1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
                              1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
                              1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

Working...
                              X