MAS at another TIME/PLACE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAS at another TIME/PLACE

If we were able to get this track or another like ROAD AMERICA on the 23RD who would attend?

TARMAC BLACK 2006 EVOLUTION 9 SPECIAL EDITION 430WHP

JJM CUSTOM TUNE /// ETS FMIC /// HKS TBE EXHAUST /// BBK TURBO /// OHLINS COILOVERS /// FIC 1100 INJECTORS

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Re: MAS at another TIME/PLACE

Originally posted by Jeff_Jeske
    If we were able to get this track or another like ROAD AMERICA on the 23RD who would attend?
    Im down with the 23rd but at this point it is no longer a PT sponsered event and someone would have to cordinate. Also they would probably want the deposit imediatly.

I'm in if we can find a time and place though.
    95 Black Probe GT
    Currently being parted out.

Comment

I'd go for sure. It's so close to where I am right now. Also, I know of several people who would be happy to go. But, I'm sure RA's rental price would be 2-3x the price of MAM.
      Marc M.
      Black '95 PGT with mods 177.4 whp/159.6 wtq (probably way less now as the car has been partially de-modded)
      2000 BMW M-Roadster

Comment

I'd go. RA will probably be booked by now, and its expensive. That track also eats cars for lunch (very little safe run off) and is not a good place for novices/beginners.

MAM, Black Hawk Farms, Gingermann, Gratten. Any of those smaller tracks may still have openings, and would be good choices.
        Greg
        White 94 PGT -- Sold to a friend.

Steel Gray 06 WRX --

Comment

Gingerman has an opening 4/10 or 11 Sat/Sun http://www.gingermanraceway.com/
          BlackHawk Farms has the same weekend http://www.blackhawkfarms.com/
          Grattan Raceway Park unknown schedule http://www.grattanraceway.com/schedule.shtml

The bad thing about 4/10-11 is that it's Easter. doh!
          Marc M.
          Black '95 PGT with mods 177.4 whp/159.6 wtq (probably way less now as the car has been partially de-modded)
          2000 BMW M-Roadster

Comment

I'd go if it was at MAM...but other than that, I can't really afford to travel farther away.
            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
            2009 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC
            1990 Probe LX 3.0 V6 -SOLD
            1999 Dodge Neon R/T with goodies - SOLD FPOC Miss November 2004
            MMV, MMVI, MMVII, MMX, MAS2k3

Comment

MAM is a great track...Inexpensive, fully optioned package (last year's event included corner workers, ambulance, insurance and an open concession stand), no walls (you could fly off a corner at 100 mph and not hit anything for an 1/8th mile), new road surface, nice administration.
              Marc M.
              2000 BMW M-Roadster

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha95PGT
                MAM is a great track...Inexpensive, fully optioned package (last year's event included corner workers, ambulance, insurance and an open concession stand), no walls (you could fly off a corner at 100 mph and not hit anything for an 1/8th mile), new road surface, nice administration.
                Well does anyone want to start organizing?

I attempted to organize the GINGERMAN meet last weekend and not one PGT/6 showed up. Drivers had so much track time that some had to fill their tanks 3-4 times. A guy with an STI averaged 6MPG on the track!

TARMAC BLACK 2006 EVOLUTION 9 SPECIAL EDITION 430WHP

JJM CUSTOM TUNE /// ETS FMIC /// HKS TBE EXHAUST /// BBK TURBO /// OHLINS COILOVERS /// FIC 1100 INJECTORS

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jeske
                  Well does anyone want to start organizing?

I attempted to organize the GINGERMAN meet last weekend and not one PGT/6 showed up. Drivers had so much track time that some had to fill their tanks 3-4 times. A guy with an STI averaged 6MPG on the track!
                  That was an awesome opertunity. It was, however, very late notice (at least for me). I'm glad you had a good time.
                  Greg
                  White 94 PGT -- Sold to a friend.

Steel Gray 06 WRX --

Comment

I just got a MX6, it's all set up for SCCA Solo 2 Stock class and I want some track time in it! I've done lots of autocrossing, been to National events, but I want to do some track events.

And I've got a set of Hoosier Rs03's just begging to be burned up...
                    Straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.
                    Someday I hope to be half the person my dog thinks I am.
                    Bright Red Mazda Miata

Comment

NEPO may try to put something together this summer, but it will be closer to here. more than likely, either beaver run or summit point. any intrest in coming east?
                      We Fly, We Party, We Land
                      Woodbridge Kart Club
                      Summit Point Friday at the Track

Comment

Beaver Run may be doable...where is that? East Ohio?
                        Marc M.
                        2000 BMW M-Roadster

Comment

Anything that is within 12 hours driving from Memphis and around $200 or less and I'm in.

I'd consider if it's further or more.
                          95 Black Probe GT
                          Currently being parted out.

Comment

I'd love to come east..I just don't really think it will be in the budget
                            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
                            2009 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC
                            1990 Probe LX 3.0 V6 -SOLD
                            1999 Dodge Neon R/T with goodies - SOLD FPOC Miss November 2004
                            MMV, MMVI, MMVII, MMX, MAS2k3

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha95PGT
                              Beaver Run may be doable...where is that? East Ohio?

It's in PA north east of Pittsburg. I had a blast there last year. They have alot of open track days this year. It was 150 for the day...ended up with 6-20 min sessions. It took me just over 5.5 hours to drive there from NE Indiana. FYI it takes me 2.5 hours to get to Chicago from where I live. I was looking to go in Sept again. As great of an idea as putting on a track days for Probes there are not enuff people here with the $$ and time to get that done. If someone finds another track with an open lapping day this summer I would try to make it. Putnam Park is just west of Indy and it has some open days too, for whats that worth. I really wanted to go to MAS but I just spent 5k on an enclosed 18' trailer to tote the probe around in so i couldn't swing anymore money to travel that far away. As long as the date don't land on a Cen-Div Solo 2 weekend I might be able to swing it!

Jake
                              Last edited by Jake_94PGT; March 16, 2004, 09:28 PM.
                              Old Prober!!! Woot

Comment

Working...
                              X