ebay t3 t4 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay t3 t4 install

hey guys got my turbo kit installed. everything lined up except the hot pipe is sitting against clutch fork so it has to be moved. my question is my turbo supposed to spin at idle. it doesn't spin until about 1500 rpm and its slow. I also noticed my wastegate has smoke coming from it like its stuck open or somethings wrong. please help!!!!!!

oil pressure is good at 40 psi when warm. temp is good at 180 ish. my afr is 14.80 at idle.
    1994 FORD PROBE GTZE
    STRAIGHT NECK ZE
    M2 PERFORMANCE HEADERS
    MAGNA FLOW 2.5IN EXHAUST
    KING6FAB POLY MOTOR MOUNTS

You have your oil feed and drain lines connected to the turbo? The turbo is actually getting oil? Yes it should spin at idle.

Wastegate shouldnt be smoking either, could be burning oil somewhere in the pipes/turbo. Or maybes its not smoke, its an exhaust leak? Did you use gaskets?

And I saw your other thread, I've got a tune for 5psi I can upload. It shouldnt be a whole lot different for you on 8psi, just the upper limits may have to be adjusted. Its a self tune done by me and using 'auto tune' to adjust it as I drive.
    1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
    Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
    1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
    2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

Turbo Should spin at idle

you might have a bad chinese made turbo

Comment

Hell ya brad that sounds good at least its a start l. How do wengo about doing something like that. Ya I have the feed line coming from the oil pressure sending unit location same spot my oil pressure gauge is and its reading fine. The turbo spins good with car off like if I spin it with my fingers it spins 6 or 7 rotations after. I have the waste gate hooked used to a bung coming off intake after intercooler is that OK or should it be a vaccluum line
        1994 FORD PROBE GTZE
        STRAIGHT NECK ZE
        M2 PERFORMANCE HEADERS
        MAGNA FLOW 2.5IN EXHAUST

Comment

Hey brad figured it out I forgot the firing ring/aka gasket ring on wastegate which was a leak for the turbo all I need is a tune lol
          1994 FORD PROBE GTZE
          STRAIGHT NECK ZE
          M2 PERFORMANCE HEADERS
          MAGNA FLOW 2.5IN EXHAUST

Comment

I have a problem after downpipe install I noticed that with the car idling of I open my doors my car idles up to about 1900 rpm did anyone else have this problem
            1994 FORD PROBE GTZE
            STRAIGHT NECK ZE
            M2 PERFORMANCE HEADERS
            MAGNA FLOW 2.5IN EXHAUST

Comment

Originally posted by fordmandude18 View Post

oil pressure is good at 40 psi when warm. temp is good at 180 ish. my afr is 14.80 at idle.
              40psi when warm at idle Did you have have KlZePorsche clearance your heads or something cause that is hella good. WHat guage are you using?
              1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
              1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
              2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
              2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
              1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Autometer I run 65 -70 cold
                1994 FORD PROBE GTZE
                STRAIGHT NECK ZE
                M2 PERFORMANCE HEADERS
                MAGNA FLOW 2.5IN EXHAUST

Comment

I get like 10 psi at idle when warm. About 70 on sold starts, and about 45-55 under load when driving. Thats on a stock, 293k (km) DE using Autometer Carbon series gauge.

I returned your PM Fordman, I'll try and get that file for you tonight.
                  Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3

Comment

Thanks brad
                    1994 FORD PROBE GTZE
                    STRAIGHT NECK ZE
                    M2 PERFORMANCE HEADERS
                    MAGNA FLOW 2.5IN EXHAUST

Comment

Did anyone else have to relocate their burp tank? I have clearance issues with my turbo.. :/
                      1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
                      Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp

Comment

Originally posted by dammitcam View Post
                        Did anyone else have to relocate their burp tank? I have clearance issues with my turbo.. :/
                        yeah it happens, what I once did was shop for short 45* copper elbows at Homedepotracing, and reposition it lower and closer to radiator. THis is easier to understand if you have the radiator setup off the car, you will need to hack off one of the mounting points from the burp tank and just use 1.
                        1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                        1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                        2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                        2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                        1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Yea. I think I just cut down the 90* rubber hose elbow that is usually on there which moved it closer to the rad. Its close but not touching and doesnt melt it or anything, the turbo blanket and slim fans help too.

I sent you my MS files. Hope it helps.

Comment

Hey brad thanks for the help but ur tunes won't work it says it's a diff system. And car won't even fire.
                            1994 FORD PROBE GTZE
                            STRAIGHT NECK ZE
                            M2 PERFORMANCE HEADERS
                            MAGNA FLOW 2.5IN EXHAUST

Comment

I have a bunch of hose mods in order to delete the burp tank. What I mainly used is the Moroso Radiator Hose Filler. It wont let me post the image of one, so just look up that part and you will find it. The thing came with a 16psi cap, but I just bought a 13psi replacement from Advance Auto Parts; Stant part# 10229

It is installed at the upper rad hose on the left side. It took some finagling to make it sit just right, but it hovers near the cam gear and has plenty of room.
                              Last edited by MSDKLZE; May 7, 2015, 10:22 PM.
                              DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
                              94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

Working...
                              X