Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im Down to go if its in florida or maryland. Maryland is closer to me since i live in nc but i wouldn't mind going to florida as well or where ever it ends up being at

Comment

There has been a lot of preliminary discussions among the Flyrtle planners and we all have the intentions of a Flyrtle 8. However we need a general consensus on which dates work best for everyone or which month is best for the majority. We all want to pick a less humid, cooler temperature and a date with a less of a chance of rain, so throw out some suggestions.

We are tentatively planning another track event but not with IFO, we will maybe get to have our grudge matches at a TnT night on a Friday, maybe a BBQ event with other events on Saturday and possibly another track event on Sunday at another TnT event. Track is tbd and I can always attempt to organize a Dyno/tuning event Saturday.

Throw out some ideas and lets spread the word so we can get an idea of who is coming and what everyone would like to see at Flyrtle 8 and we will make it happen!
      ///M-POC
      SENSLES 448whp at 24psi Built by Me, Tuned by SHAODOME

Flyrtle 6 - Best 2nd Gen Probe
      MMX - PRD BEST of Show and 1st Place Unlimited Class
      MM8 - PRD BEST of Show

Comment

Cooler temps sound nice. September? October? Where at? Maryland, Michigan,North or South Carolina? My PGT is still in the shop. I really want to go but only if I can drive my Probe
        Last edited by ScottD961; April 11, 2013, 07:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Any time is good if its in florida. Better weather and faster cars. Haha
          If were doing this up north, then summer time is better before the changing weather.
          I would like to put NC as a possible location also

Anyways, put me down for 2 shirts and dyno pulls if this goes down.
          95 PGT HOLSET HX35 AND 10PSI daily driver
          91 MX6GT built FE3N HX40 25PSI
          05 Subaru legacy GT family car

Comment

I'm also interested in the NC options since that seems to be a hotbed of KL activity recently. PM me the info.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
            HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
            Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
            As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Comment

If the general consensus wants to have the event in NC then someone in that area will have to plan this event then. I am not very familiar with good drag strips in the NC area other than the Charlotte area. After a quick look online, it looks like Z-Maz Dragway is out of the question because I was unable to find any events for weekend racers. I could be mistaken but I think they only hold major events there. If anyone has a lead on a good place to hold an event there please step up and plan this and the Flyrtle staff from previous years will assist in the planning and organizing the event.

However if no one is willing or able to plan such an event in NC, I know the staff from last years event is willing to repeat a similar style event as last years, but without the rain. If it is held in MD this year, I plan on hosting the drag racing events at MIR, which is a much better track than Capitol Raceway.

So its either NC or MD??? Everyone and the NC guys make the call!
              ///M-POC

MM8 - PRD BEST of Show

Comment

Either N.C. or Maryland works for me

Comment

This is one option and they have camping which is cool.
                  http://www.rockinghamdragway.com/

Comment

Sweeeet! Im down for either, preference would be MD.
                    1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
                    Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
                    1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
                    2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

Originally posted by garfield View Post
                      This is one option and they have camping which is cool.
                      http://www.rockinghamdragway.com/
                      Rockingham sounds great but I don't see any Test n Tune events that we can participate in, most events seem like major events. I don't know if there is a different schedule that's lists the schedule for "non-event" weekends with Test n Tune or weekend racer events.

The camping part sounds cool and would make for a great meet. I will look into the possibility of camping at MIR if people are still interested in MD.

Someone get the NC boys in here to say their peace and let's make a decision.
                      ///M-POC

MM8 - PRD BEST of Show

Comment

we have rented the track before and from i recall it was not expensive.I belive it was for sat morning-afternoon just for our group before a test and tune night we had the track till 6;30 i will looke into some options to share and what dates are we looking for?
                        Last edited by mardarati; April 11, 2013, 09:28 PM.
                        93 mazda mx6 turbo 650whp

Comment

im off 2mar so i can call up there and get some quotes if we do have to rent the track. a narrowed down time frame for a date wub b better jus in case they ask
                          93 mx6 everything from the probe and more.
                          http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps77ec3fc9.jpg
                          95pgt-t 14sec @ 111mph crushed
                          http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...916_001048.jpg
                          95se stock R.I.P. 10/16/08

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                            West coast always has to travel...... bummer
                            For reals, *cough*CALIFORNiA*cough* lol man id love to go but not enough dinero to make that trip or maybe I can...
                            owner of
                            89 Probe GL - ran, broke down, ran, junked
                            89 Probe GT - ran,broke, never got fixed junked
                            89 Probe GT - the 1st probe replacement
                            92 mazda 323 - current daily, klde swap coming soon

Comment

Just going to echo what lilpavel said...

If MD is chosen the organizing staff are experienced in organizing and available. However, I would be more than open to traveling to NC, I just wouldn't be able to help as much in the planning and especially providing equipment.

The only Sept, Oct. date I absolutely cannot do is Sept 7th, which would be too early as far as weather goes anyway.
                              2005 BMW r1200GS - fully dressed adv machine
                              2006 Suzuki SV650 - naked squid machine

Comment

We need Andy, Sean and Jordan to chime in and give us an idea on there schedule. I'm thinking Aug-Sept time frame. According to Rockingham schedule on Aug 17 is T-N-T/ street drags. On Sept 1 is Cosmo motors import vs. Domestics face off.
                                We can also do the Sunday drive on highway 73.
                                http://WWW.visitrichmondcounty.com/t...-sunday.drive/
                                And for those of us running e85, there is a station in Durham, NC 27713.
                                Last edited by garfield; April 12, 2013, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X