Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a KLZE DISTY with HEI , anyone intersted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, everything else was fine, you should redo the schmatic in the correct wire colors.
    1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
    2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
    2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Originally posted by spada
      yes, everything else was fine, you should redo the schmatic in the correct wire colors.
      Okay Ben, I updated with the wire change, can you take a look and see what you think now?

Comment

yup right on, that's how mine's hooked up, and working great
        2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
        2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

i have a question about the 4 pin j spec plug

the color of my wires are why different from that diagram

from the front of my engine to the rear first i have pink then orange then red/blue (thickest) then black/red

what wires are what? can you tell me from front to rear of you engine compartment what wire is the grond, pcm power relay, crank pos, sensor, cyl ident?

Comment

I did this mod a couple years ago and have the diagrams all laid out as well. I had the setup running with the MSD Digital 6+ ignition and Blaster HVC coil though, so mine was a little different. If anyone would like to see my diagrams, let me know, I can scan em..
            2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport- Traded

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- Totaled

Comment

Originally posted by jon93PGT
              I did this mod a couple years ago and have the diagrams all laid out as well. I had the setup running with the MSD Digital 6+ ignition and Blaster HVC coil though, so mine was a little different. If anyone would like to see my diagrams, let me know, I can scan em..
              I would like to see them....!!!
              What's a ZE?

i don't know, but your email address is NOT working and it needs to be fixed ASAP!

Comment

I am planning this on a '95, since my stock disty might be fried. What is the main difference in the wiring, since the '95+ distributers have a five wire lead versus the 6 wire lead? Also, I see a 1K ohm resistor in the mix. Will any 1K Ohm resistor work?
                '08 Cadillac CTS 3.6DI FE3 MTX
                '07 Lexus IS350

Comment

Originally posted by Tim95pgt
                  I am planning this on a '95, since my stock disty might be fried. What is the main difference in the wiring, since the '95+ distributers have a five wire lead versus the 6 wire lead? Also, I see a 1K ohm resistor in the mix. Will any 1K Ohm resistor work?
                  See new schematics at post #50 for 1995 details
                  Last edited by Mbolin5; July 18, 2006, 01:38 PM.

Comment

What is the wattage on the 1K ohm resistor? My local Radio Shack only carries 0.25 and 0.5 watt versions. I found the HEI module and the Blaster Coil locally, so all I lack is the resistor.
                    '07 Lexus IS350

Comment

I would go with the .5 watt.

Comment

yeah, the .5watt works great
                        2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
                        2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Thanks guys. Now, lets hope my ZE cap and rotor last, as I have no clue where to get replacements. I figure worst case, I'll order a PRD cap and modify my bad disty to work with it.
                          '07 Lexus IS350

Comment

Finally, i just did this mod....hell, i drew the schematic afterall....lol, anyway it works beautiful, just like the drawing...i think the car starts faster now too!

Comment

anyone know where to get ze disty caps?
                              Black 94 PGT - squirted, LSD'd, turbo DE/ZE hybrid @ 8psi

Forget the dog...turbos are a man's best friend

Comment

I have a 95 MX6 and just bought a klze for it. Is there anyone here that knows which wires go where so I can use my ze disty? My 03 disty and the whole motor for that matter are fried.

Comment

Working...
                                X