Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCtimes2
    I love my 9 pounder.
    Even so, I'd rather give up a bit of gain to be engaging with slightly more material. I think it'd help me sleep sounder at night.

Edit: But, back on topic. Sorry for the tangent. I'm eagerly awaiting the dyno number and 1/4 mile times!
    Last edited by rabove; October 12, 2004, 09:36 PM.
    Sheera - 1993 Probe GT Black (MTX) KLZE - Sold *sigh*
    Former ( ) BABlackPGTPOC member. Represent.
    Nicole - 2005 Black SRT-4 - Mods and pictures

Comment

It is designed too, I may have a mx6 come visit me this weekend to verify it. And if so, then yes!

It will fit, no problem - however I question the clearance to the radiator fans. Worst case, you will need to have pusher style radiator fans - but yes it will fit!

Originally posted by Slammed6
      one question

Will this fit the 2nd Gen MX-6?
      '00 Contour SVT - Stock and Reliable
      '93 Probe GT - Currently Grounded.

update your email address y0

Comment

The MX3 I got messurements from (not sure if stock, i assume so but it's EDM) has a fan on the driver side only, nothing right infront of the block. I believe the mx6 has two fans like the probe and 626, so that is where i'm seeing the difference from the two.

Originally posted by SUPERMX3
        the MX-3 is the same way and he said that everything should fit with not changing of the fan based on the measurments he has right now, i got about 2 7/8 inches from the lip where the valve cover meets the head to the rad fan

Comment

Yep, I've turned it on and off from idle to 6000RPM. Off is no problem, but I suggest turning it on only at low rpm (3000 or less) - it will be much less stressful on the engine and blower.

~Patrick

Originally posted by mazdapowered93
          I want to know if you can turn the blower on/off anytime when you drive or you need to stop and turn the blower on/off.

Is not very important but i want to know.

thank

Comment

yea, installing the walbro 255lph before hand is actually a very good idea. This way you don't try to rush it, and you will know that it works properly when it comes time for boost.

When I was between boost, I got 30mpg (A little over 400miles per fillup) on the expressway - with the large fuel pump. So I can't say I saw any decrease in gas milage.

The place where I get my rough estimates, I did 97 N/A - when I got to the strip I was pulling 95 quite consistantly and did a 96 trap also. God only knows why I never got better than a 15.3 N/a - from 88mph to 96, no increase in time just trap speed. hah!

Originally posted by volcomchester18
            13.5..holly mother...i cant wait to buy it, even if its 14 flat..omg i am excited, could i intall fuel pump before putting supercharger on the car, like drive with it for a week?

Comment

I have an Mx3 flywheel, lightned to 15lbs 15 ounces. It revs great N/A or boosted. I personally would stay with the mx3, or even stock. Stock?! why stock?! You have full boost at 1700RPM, the stock flywheel will actually aide in keeping traction. If you don't try to be cocky and dump the clutch from 3k, and do it from say 1500 like I do, then traction isn't a major issue. Although a good harsh chirp shifting to second AND third is fun and impressive.

Originally posted by rabove
              I was looking into going with a slightly shaved MX-3 flywheel. Maybe 14 lbs or so. Seems reasonably durable, yet lighter than stock. I don't trust a 9 pounder.

Comment

Hey patrick I e-mailed you, I hope that you don't mind. I had some questions regarding the kit and payment information. I have an mx-3, and I wanted some info for that too. I'm not on PT very much, so it is easier for me to communicate threw e-mail. Thanks!

Gavin

Comment

Never a problem! E-mail works great for me, and infact a little better than a forum - It's easier to keep track of things.

`Patrick

Originally posted by Bubbaflaat
                  Hey patrick I e-mailed you, I hope that you don't mind. I had some questions regarding the kit and payment information. I have an mx-3, and I wanted some info for that too. I'm not on PT very much, so it is easier for me to communicate threw e-mail. Thanks!

Gavin

Comment

Originally posted by rabove
                    I didn't say valvetrain. I said drivetrain. And, if I were doing it, I'd do both the clutch and flywheel. Depending on the combination, you can run up to around 800 or so (Fidanza). I'd also do full gauges (which can get expensive)...AFPR...Cartech FMU...personally, I'd also do injectors. Either 1st Gen F2t...or MilleniaS...or even CZT fuel rail and Nissan injectors (to be safe). And a few other parts. I guess it'd be 1-2k+ for me. I tend to go overboard and be extra cautious..at least in planning. =) You could get away with much cheaper, though.
                    hey sorry dude i dont know wat i was thinking, for some reason i got valvetrain confused with drivetrain, lack of sleep i guess, anyways, my bad....LOL

yeah and ill probably buy the kit on stock clutch, fmu, fuel pump, then take it easy and then buy clutch and flywheel, but at least i could feel some of power...lol..i wonder how long my stock clutch would last.

Comment

until the first time you dump it at 1800 rpm ... the PSI is not adjustable unless you change the pulley, so i really dont think there is any "taking it easy"

Comment

price ?

On the website it says that right now the kit is $1750 w/ blower, and that it will raise to $2000 after the bulk buy, My question is- does this still include the blower?
                        thanks

john
                        '93 PGT-T/S M62 supercharger,.57 trim T3/T4 turbo,
                        11.992@115 Twincharged on 10psi
                        11.941@111.66 Twincharged,23" Slicks, 1.749 60',14psi, spinning the clutch(123.7mph highest trap)
                        RWD Probe-4.8L LS-TH400-3.25's-self tuned-in process.... Best time to date: 10.240@135.3mph, 3300lbs

Comment

It's been said that this has been fitted to three Probes. Who are they? Have any of them been dynoed/timed?

Also, please forgive my ignorance regarding FPR's, but are they adjustable on the fly? My question comes from running one pressure when the blower is active and another when it isn't? Or am I missing something?
                          93 PGT / LEDA Suspension / 18X8 SSR Integral GT1 Wheels / 235/40ZR18 Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 13" Front Brakes, 12" Rear... and so the madness begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Adlorin
                            The MX3 I got messurements from (not sure if stock, i assume so but it's EDM) has a fan on the driver side only, nothing right infront of the block. I believe the mx6 has two fans like the probe and 626, so that is where i'm seeing the difference from the two.

the fan on the drivers side is the normal fan and the one on the other side turns on when you turn on A/C, that car might not have A/C

Comment

Any problems with putting this to a ZE? My plans have changed and I'm going with a ZE, stage 2 or 3 clutch (not sure yet) and 9lb flywheel. Why are you guys recommending a stock flywheel, how bad would it be to drive with a 9lb? Also I should note that my car won't be a daily driver by any means.

Thanks,
                              dan

Comment

this may sound kinda gay but i want this setup to have a louder bov. something with some ppssssssstt to it. i heard the audio from your setup on your site but i cant here any blowoff. also, can i run a boost controller to minize the boost for tuning purposes?
                                1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                                1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                                2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                                2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                                1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Working...
                                X