No announcement yet.

Myrtle "Eleven."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who is afraid to push their car to it's limits cannot ride with FLAPOC or SFLPOC to a meet, speed limits on I-95 only apply when the police are present.

I would say my car spent at the very minimum 50% of its time going to and from Myrtle Beach at speeds above 85mph. At one point myself and a couple others were doing 100mph for 10 miles or so.

Most of my trip back to Florida on I-95 was at 90mph.

If your car cannot perform at its limit then you shouldn't be taking it on an 1800 mile trip.
    PhotoPOC(tm)
    MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
    93' PGT not stock
    91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

uc,i like the idea of having all kl powered cars there. we have some pretty nice mx3's on this board.
      93gt 230k dd.
      1993 probe gt
      96 pgt 135k dd
      http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...100_3918-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by NPA Member
        Would anyone not in the Tri-State area have an interest in an AC meet?

Betty and I may be interested.

Originally posted by j-dogg
        Anyone who is afraid to push their car to it's limits cannot ride with FLAPOC or SFLPOC to a meet, speed limits on I-95 only apply when the police are present.

I would say my car spent at the very minimum 50% of its time going to and from Myrtle Beach at speeds above 85mph. At one point myself and a couple others were doing 100mph for 10 miles or so.

Most of my trip back to Florida on I-95 was at 90mph.

If your car cannot perform at its limit then you shouldn't be taking it on an 1800 mile trip.

Good thing I don't live in Florida. I do 5-10 over max when I travel.

Originally posted by NPA Member
        Extreme August AC Awesomness to the Max Unlimited?
        Fixed.
        Last edited by pgt4speed; November 18, 2007, 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post
        Sandon Lettieri
        1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
        2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

most of i-95 is that way...85-90mph in the fast lane,70-75 in the slow
          93gt 230k dd.
          1993 probe gt
          96 pgt 135k dd
          http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...100_3918-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by tour96se
            most of i-95 is that way...85-90mph in the fast lane,70-75 in the slow
            That reminds me of a time when I was in a group of cars on I95 in Jacksonville southbound, all going 100mph, and three police cars flashing their brights at people to move them out of the way.
            PhotoPOC(tm)
            MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
            93' PGT not stock
            91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Originally posted by pgt4speed
              Fixed.
              Matt Martin
              2008 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Comment

Originally posted by Bufalo
                You were at all ten? If that's the case - first off I apologize for never realizing that, and secondly WOW!!! They've all been some fun, haven't they???
                Yep. I'm just not a real party-animal, and as such go by largely unnoticed. Good times though.

BJ

Comment

Yep, Bryan is the other one.

Jason, Greg, Bryan & Myself and if it pleases the court, my 97.
                  Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                  PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                  1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                  1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteDart
                    I get to tear up those roads at will. Addco FTMFW If I could I would live on the mountain.
                    And yeah, PF is far from a middle of no-where place. The main strip there would compare to the 17 or 501 in Myrtle. I lived and worked in Nashville for over a year and it just would not make a nice place for a meet. Pretty trashy place IMO. PF is faaaaar nicer. PF also has several go-kart tracks.

This is one my favorite links about arguably the most popular mountain road in the US. Deals Gap. Better known as the Tail of the Dragon. Click the OLDER POSTS to see more. He updates once a week.

http://killboy.blogspot.com/

A word of warning though if this does go through as a meet. Lane crossers are NOT tolerated on the Gap. Its a haven for bikes of all kinds and the riders don't have a chance against a 2700lb+ car coming at them.
                    darn i wanted to pull an Initial D or Need For Speed Carbon Canyon run outta that road. jst joking ive been on that road before my dads side of the family lives all over tenn. and its a nice state to hold a meet im only about 10 hours away and ive drove there plenty of times.
                    Probetalks Japanese Otaku Anime Guru!!!! And World of Warcraft Player (Bleeding Hallow Server) go Horde!!
                    Virginia Probe Owners Club

Comment

new meeting place

Tennessee is a nice state but I have traveled all through it if your car sits to low or is to modified I know you would be hassled by the law .. if its to loud also those with out of state plates are just looking for some pain.. I have not been to a meet but Atlantic city Nj would be a good place lots to do there... I am very close I can looking to ideas here. I am flapoc owner but I am still on business up in NYC .... besides I might be able to get some tv coverage up here if I begged well.....
                      92'Lx 3.0 Vulcan 0.30 Over Pistons 0.30 under crank milled heads, new fuel injectors, no cat(testpipe), 3 stage xtd clutch, black-cat tail devil exhaust, custom air intake and filter.205/60/15 Yokohama tires,AR aluminum wheels, short throw shifter, I'm a female !!!!! get it? so stop callin me a he

Comment

Ive been in TN for a little over 2 years now, one year in Nashville and one year in Knoxville. My car is lowered, an exhaust that is definetly NOT quiet, sleepy projectors, foglights that are for off road use only, and blue LED lit a- pillar guage pod that it very bright at night. Hell, I've even driven around with open headers and no hood right past cops and I still have never been hassled. If you're not driving like as ass here you wont have a problem.
                        Jim K.
                        :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteDart
                          If you're not driving like an ass here you wont have a problem.
                          That goes for just about anywhere.
                          Adam Kirkpatrick
                          1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
                          2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
                          1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

Originally posted by pgt4speed
                            Fixed.
                            NOW it's fixed...

Super Extreme August AC Awesomness to the Max Unlimited II Turbo
                            Last edited by supergoat; November 23, 2007, 02:08 PM.
                            Stephen Wilds #303
                            PhotoPOC
                            BMW 328i
                            BMW Z4

Comment

lol one would have to attend SEAACAMUIIT, that sounds like some weird sea creature we have yet to discover.
                              2006 Liquid Platinum Metalic Mazdaspeed 6
                              Who eats corn at Myrtle Madness!?
                              I love AWD and turbos.
                              They call me Short Bus.

Comment

But it would be fun to refer to SEAACAMUIIT in random conversation.
                                Stephen Wilds #303
                                PhotoPOC
                                BMW 328i
                                BMW Z4

Comment

Working...
                                X