Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya true but is it worth getting chewd out by the gf when shes hot ??? im thinking maybee ya as dad would actually buy my frion ?spell from me as he does ac. that means more money for performance mods
    Couple of probes, couple of projects

Comment

Originally posted by HowLeTT
      TTT, hopefully the cold weather will convince people to do this now.

heh.....it may get cold in MN, but I can't live without the AC in the summer. Good "how-to" though.
      www.probe-gt.com
      Minnesota Probe Owners Club
      15.443@90.44

Comment

That's it. My a/c is coming out this weekend. Thanks HowLeTT

Comment

Now where is the howto on how to take the engine out to remove even more weight? Its no dead weight? Uhmm.. ok.

Heh, nice write up my engine.. err.. A/C will also be removed this year.

Thomas
          96 PGT - Vroom vroom =||= 01 Honda Odyssey - Family and bicycle hauler =||= 08 Toyota Prius - Commuter =||= 08 Suzuki LS650 - Widow-maker
          11 Trek Madone 5.9 - Racer =||= 09 Pedal Force CX1 Dura Ace/FSA SLK - Crosser/Tourer/Long distance =||= 73 Schwinn Continental - Fixie =||= 09 Dahon Mu XL Sport - Commuter

Comment

hey, can i still use the defroster? or heat? dumb question i know, but i need to know the answer. thanks
            justin
            2000 T/A M6 black/black leather, flowmaster exhaust with borla y-pipe, flotec cutout with Qtec electronic opener, lid/holley filter, slp cold-air, Shaner S2 ported TB, front strut bar, SFC's, LCA's, PHB, SS rims weight reduction. ~310rwhp 350rwtq

previous car (now sister's)
            93 red pgt, K&N filtercharger, fidenza 9lb flywheel, clutchmasters stage 1, UDP, pacesetter catback, German Castrol 0w30

Comment

Originally posted by HowLeTT
              TTT, hopefully the cold weather will convince people to do this now.
              Ehe..see location. What cold weather?
              "Ugh, typical male fantasy: women drinking beer. I guarantee you a man made that commercial"
              "Of course a man made it. It's a commercial Lois, not a delicious Thanksgiving dinner."

Comment

Originally posted by 7Enigma
                hey, can i still use the defroster? or heat? dumb question i know, but i need to know the answer. thanks
                justin
                Yes, you can use both. Although the defroster will probably be a little less effective right at the start.
                '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally posted by dav
                  notice any power diff without the pulley? or any power from weight? butt dyno i guess?

Quote:
                  every bit of lost weight helps, you don't need a dyno to prove that

I read somewhere one that losing 15lbs of weight is like adding 1 extra horsepower
                  94 pse mtx with home depot cai 2.25 exhaust with turbo muffler ngk plugs/ more mods soon to come

Comment

would it just be a good idea for me to buy an unorthodox UDP and change that at the same time?
                    '93 Electric Red PGT SOLD
                    Sponsored By: Dunlop Tires, Acci-Dent, Extreme Parts, Street Graphix, S3 Magazine, Great Lakes Dragaway
                    2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Comment

I went through and deleted the last couple off topic posts, nothing personal to any one who's post I deleted. This is a very helpful thread, lets keep it that way.
                      '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                      '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Well,
                        Due to circumstances with my new turbo setup, the A/C HAS to be removed in order to get an air filter in there..blah!

I'll be freein' some freon tomorrow I guess.

Nick
                        1993 PGT KLZE Turbo - Sold (12.9 @ 118mph)
                        1995 240SX RB20DET swap - Sold (330whp)
                        2000 Audi S4 TT - Sold (too heavy)
                        1995 BMW M3 - Custom made turbo kit (420whp/398wtq) Sold to pay for school
                        2003 VW GTI 20th Anniversary Edition - Chipped, exhaust, etc...

Comment

any idea what all is under the dash that i could remove?

cause im removing the crank pulley and all that good stuff for my udp install,

i try to remove anything i can out of my car just to have a tenth faster!

Comment

HOWLETT...

Just wanted to let you know that your post helped out a lot... It made my A/C removal very simple...Although the piping was a bit of a pain all those twists and turns...Anyway........

Later

Munchie

Comment

I took my a/c out, had to for the stupid tkt kit, but only took 1.5 hours, that included compressor, condensor infront of the radiator, the black cylinder near the firewall, and all the lines running to and fro, very easy, just don't breathe it in!

Nick
                              1993 PGT KLZE Turbo - Sold (12.9 @ 118mph)
                              1995 240SX RB20DET swap - Sold (330whp)
                              2000 Audi S4 TT - Sold (too heavy)
                              1995 BMW M3 - Custom made turbo kit (420whp/398wtq) Sold to pay for school
                              2003 VW GTI 20th Anniversary Edition - Chipped, exhaust, etc...

Comment

so anybody look to see whats under the dash?

cause im a hidden weight reduction freak!

if you can t tell its missing then its out of there!

and also! i just started tearing the a/c out!

Comment

Working...
                                X