Local grease monkey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local grease monkey?

Any probe Know it alls out around never county? I been trying to get my car running forever and I think it's time to call for help. I don't have much money but I do have a case of beer. Just truly need help getting my pgt running. Pleading for help.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Beaver county••• sorry for double post

What exactly is wrong with your car. Might help get some responses.
    My '97 GTS in its prime
    New GTS Stripped and gutted rebuild from ground up.
    2000 Explorer XLS 2 inch lift 32 inch BFG's My Wifes Daily

Comment

Honestly i have no clue. I thought it was electrical / distributor but it's not, my the fuel pump, or ecu. I am just clueless right now. The problem I'm having is no spark. I have air, fuel, compression and battery, just no spark

Comment

Originally posted by 96pgtna View Post
        Honestly i have no clue. I thought it was electrical / distributor but it's not, my the fuel pump, or ecu. I am just clueless right now. The problem I'm having is no spark. I have air, fuel, compression and battery, just no spark
        crank position sensor?
        1995 Probe GT - Laser Red - MTX - (Gone in 2001 )
        1995 Probe GT - Laser Red - MTX - Present in 2008

Comment

It very well could be the CPS, will that cause it to not spark? Also, my year is 96, this is the year with only 1 CPS correct?

Comment

Triple check the CPS connector just under the thermostat housing. A harmless and free thing to try is to disconnect the connector and twist the male pins just a tiny bit, so they make a better connection when plugged back in.
            95 PGT MTX. 1/4 million miles on original engine (and Original Owner).

Comment

Originally posted by JoePGT5S View Post
              Triple check the CPS connector just under the thermostat housing. A harmless and free thing to try is to disconnect the connector and twist the male pins just a tiny bit, so they make a better connection when plugged back in.
              Just did your advice, nada. But I can see how that would be a quick test to see if connections are ok. Thanks brother

Still figuring out what's going on. Ordering a CPS and hoping for he best.

Comment

Working...
              X