X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summit Racing PN
    MSD Coil Wire (MSD-8403) , around $10

Comment

Try MSD Noise Filter (MSD-8830), I have one.

Originally posted by LowGT
      Anyone get interference from the MSD in their speakers and A/F gauge after install?

Ever since the install, 6 bars light up and swipe the A/F gauge instead of one, and I get a little road noise in my speakers.

Any suggestions?

Comment

I merged some other good questions with my original thread. I apologize if they are a little out order.
        Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6
        K&N CAI w/Open Shroud & Halltech Beehive
        Port matched intake manifold/exhaust
        Dual X-pipe conversion to Z06 HiFlow
        Diablo Sport ECU/TCM Tuned

Comment

So In regards to the MSD 8910 tach adapter. With My MX6 my stock tach didnt work with the 1k resister. THe way I fixed it was by getting an autometer tach. Well i want to take the autometer tach out. I have the 8910 tach adapter and it has two leads one goes to power the other goes to the white trigger wire. Now what about the 1k resister? Is it still needed with the tach adapter?
          My SRT-4
          Sold, My Turbo 2g MX6

Comment

Leave the 1K resistor where it is. It will work with the tach adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by Vseved
              Leave the 1K resistor where it is. It will work with the tach adapter.
              And it works like a charm. Strange thing is my Stock tach is dead on with the Autometer 5" tach connected to the MSD box. I guess the stock tach is not as inacurate as most people think
              My SRT-4
              Sold, My Turbo 2g MX6

Comment

This is the wire I was looking for.

MSD-84039

It is an 8.5mm coil wire vs the other posted part number 8mm. It is also red and matches my MSD 8.5mm wires
                My SRT-4
                Sold, My Turbo 2g MX6

Comment

Originally posted by b4tn
                  And it works like a charm. Strange thing is my Stock tach is dead on with the Autometer 5" tach connected to the MSD box. I guess the stock tach is not as inacurate as most people think
                  that may be because of the MSD sending the signal instead of the stock system.

i got my tach adapter and ran the red wire into the msd red wire and the white into the msd white with a couple of blue quick connects. works perfectly.

gil, i added some info to the FAQ up on top, including the tach adapter necessary for the mx-6's tach/speedo to work properly.
                  ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Re: MSD installation + N2O interest

to interupt the signal on the diagram you posted. you do not have to drill an extra hole in the path of the signal on the distributer cap. you can cut the post entering INTO the inside of the distributer.

that sounds alittle unclear.
                    If you look at the hand drawn picture on your site, just cut off the post that you have labeled "A" that enters the distibuter instead of drilling and patching an extra hole.
                    Thats all i did and there is no signal being sent no problems. I also started with the old pin 3055 transistor.
                    94'GT White, Black int,GReddy,Hotshot,catco,NGK's,MSD 6a,wires + coil,Fidanza, CM stage IIR, RR underdrive, RR STS + bushings, Kumho MX's,Phenolic spacers,Painted Intake Manifold+Valve covers,Red Calipers,RSB PRD,stillen x-drilled rotors,JL 4-300 4 channel, infinity Kappas.

Comment

Why did you add a coil? Why not us the coil in the disty. I was under the impression that coil was fine, at least that is what msd told me. Of course I am not spraying.
                      P&P Heads and 3 angle job, MSD Ignition & wires, NGK Plugs, Headers, Custom Exhust, UDP, Hose Tech kit, K&N air induction, ATX to MTX swap, ClutchMasters stage II R, 9'lb flywheel, RR Front and Rear mounts, Pacesetter STS, MXB coilovers, tint @ 35%, Clear Corners, Shaved emblems.

Comment

Originally posted by dcesarz99
                        Why did you add a coil? Why not us the coil in the disty. I was under the impression that coil was fine, at least that is what msd told me. Of course I am not spraying.
                        From my personal experience, once you add nitrous or turbo which will significantly increase the engine's operating temperature, you can kiss that stock ignitor and coil goodbye. Now, not everyone will experience the same thing, but my car/disty was very sensitive to the change in temps once I started running nitrous, especialy the 75 shot.
                        Previously: 93 PGT Turbo...you know, back when you had to build the setup yourself.

Currently: 2012 Jeep GC Overland Summit - 1965 Chevy C10 SWB Fleet

Comment

I've looked over Gils existing website linked here and Googled for some new version of it. Does anyone know where I can find his instructions now that the old website is down? I've got a 94 GT, do I just need MSDs wiring harness to hook this up nice and easy, or do I have to add a resistor somewhere? (I know the transitor isn't needed).

Thanks!
                          Jason

Okay, Gil has his website back up I see. I thought it had moved or something, thanks Gil! Installed the harness on my 94 GT today, was pretty easy and the tach works without hooking up the yellow/green wire. And in case anyone gets the MSD instructions that say that the yellow/black wire is not connected, the wire is yellow/green on my car.
                          Last edited by jason993; May 23, 2004, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jason993
                            I've looked over Gils existing website linked here and Googled for some new version of it. Does anyone know where I can find his instructions now that the old website is down? I've got a 94 GT, do I just need MSDs wiring harness to hook this up nice and easy, or do I have to add a resistor somewhere? (I know the transitor isn't needed).

Thanks!
                            Jason

Nope, no resistor. Your 94 will hook up just as easily as a 93 PGT. That wiring harness from MSD is 100% free and they were very quick at shipping it to me.

Feel free to post here or PM if you have any questions with the install.
                            Previously: 93 PGT Turbo...you know, back when you had to build the setup yourself.

Currently: 2012 Jeep GC Overland Summit - 1965 Chevy C10 SWB Fleet

Comment

What is the benefit of having a rev limiter???
                              farfegnugen-n., a speed-induced euphoric state in which the driver of an automobile believes he/she is moving at a sufficient rate of speed to leave all troubles behind.

Cardomain
                              | MySpace

Comment

For anyone who is still looking at this. I called MSD today and they are sending me the wiring harness free of charge (so they are still doing it, don't even have to pay S&H). The reason is it is a prototype, you just have to agree to tell them whether it worked or not, so a pretty good deal IMHO. It isn't for a setup with the external coil, but I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to use the harness with an external coil. They said there were sending instructions as well.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X