flyrtle 2012 Call out grudge match thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flyrtle 2012 Call out grudge match thread

Lets keep all the grudge matches in here.

Lets go

Do I really have to call said person? I think everyone knows who I want to puppy kick down the track.
    The come back kid
    96 Ford Probe Turboed 12.202 @ 118.74 R.I.P
    97 Mx-6 all motor 13.7 @ 98 parted out
    88 Mx-6 Turbo Classic 14.5@93 SOLD
    93 323 hatchV6 turbo! To be announced

Comment

Is it mr.. PHIL

Comment

Since there's only two rounds of qualifying the flyrtle car is running ademan with Sean driving in one round and I'm saving the second round to race mardarati, I expect that to be a pretty interesting run.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
        HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
        Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
        As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Comment

I thought you sold your car?
          Last edited by mardarati; June 17, 2012, 07:33 PM.
          93 mazda mx6 turbo 650whp

Comment

Im bringing the hd camera for this. These races will be legendary.

1994 Ford Probe Gt
            Ze. Kitted. Lowered. Turbo'ed. MSv3. Czt Tranny. Lsd. Shiny
            2008 BMW 335I 2JZ German style looks stock but not
            1995 Nissan 300zx With a fan symbol instead of a oil symbol

Comment

Originally posted by mardarati View Post
              I thought you sold your car?
              He did . But he is racing the flyrtle car at the event. Basically until the event is over the car is Andy's. I just bought all the parts minus the parts Andy and I had.. Andy bought the car and once it's done and he event is over I'm reclaiming the kill section.
              The come back kid
              96 Ford Probe Turboed 12.202 @ 118.74 R.I.P
              97 Mx-6 all motor 13.7 @ 98 parted out
              88 Mx-6 Turbo Classic 14.5@93 SOLD
              93 323 hatchV6 turbo! To be announced

Comment

I want to do the most racing possible "if" I somehow manage to bring my car. If it's gonna break then let it be on Friday so I can fix it that night and then only run a few times after that.
                1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

I'm with you. I tend on racing as much as I can. My car has never seen a track since boost was added but I feel comfortable breaking stuff since we will have the mobile probe unit(Andy ) on hand.

1994 Ford Probe Gt
                  Ze. Kitted. Lowered. Turbo'ed. MSv3. Czt Tranny. Lsd. Shiny
                  2008 BMW 335I 2JZ German style looks stock but not
                  1995 Nissan 300zx With a fan symbol instead of a oil symbol

Comment

Matt someone may have looked at the schedule for Capitol and saw that Friday night is alway Test and Tune night and then Saturday is probably a points bracket racing class for the weekend racers. Then Sunday is the Import Faceoff Event.

On Sunday, our class will have two rounds of qualifying or two rounds of grudge matches. Then the third round starts bracket racing for our class. Winner takes all for our class so dial in your time and dont break out.

If people want to get here early and go to the Test and Tune that is on those individuals but I'm not opposed to going to hang out and bringing the GoPro's. I think it will be much harder to setup the grudge matches. If this is what people want to do then speak up and set it up. The hotels are reserved if people want to arrive early. If enough people are in town early we can make something happen and have a group of people go and race/spectate.
                    Last edited by lilpavel; June 18, 2012, 06:52 AM.
                    ///M-POC
                    SENSLES 448whp at 24psi Built by Me, Tuned by SHAODOME

Flyrtle 6 - Best 2nd Gen Probe
                    MMX - PRD BEST of Show and 1st Place Unlimited Class
                    MM8 - PRD BEST of Show

Comment

I think I need to clarify things for people to expand upon what Rob said. This thread is one day old and full of misinformation. I cleaned up some of the posts that were misinformed as well.

The drag racing portion of Flyrtle is at IFO on Sunday. Any racing outside of Sunday is independent of the Flyrtle schedule of events.

SUNDAY INFO: For the Flyrtle class at IFO there are two rounds of qualifying and then it goes to a bracket race for eliminations so the competition is fair for everyone as we will have a large range of cars in our class. The two qualifying rounds are where all the grudge races will go down as we'll have our own staging lanes for the Flyrtle class and can line up whoever we want.

I discourage you guys attempting to go line up in test n tune for grudge races because you won't be part of the Flyrtle class, it will be harder to line up races, and we all know that on event days TnT is just an after thought in between rounds that hardly gets to run.

FRIDAY INFO: If anybody wants to get to Maryland early and go race at the Friday TnT that would be a great time to get in some practice runs and have a little preview of Sunday. The SFL crew is supposed to arrive sometime Friday late afternoon so if all goes well we'll bring the Flyrtle car out there too.
                      Last edited by hppwdn; June 18, 2012, 07:52 AM.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.

Comment

nevermnd!

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Originally posted by hppwdn View Post
                        I think I need to clarify things for people to expand upon what Rob said. This thread is one day old and full of misinformation. I cleaned up some of the posts that were misinformed as well.

The drag racing portion of Flyrtle is at IFO on Sunday. Any racing outside of Sunday is independent of the Flyrtle schedule of events.

SUNDAY INFO: For the Flyrtle class at IFO there are two rounds of qualifying and then it goes to a bracket race for eliminations so the competition is fair for everyone as we will have a large range of cars in our class. The two qualifying rounds are where all the grudge races will go down as we'll have our own staging lanes for the Flyrtle class and can line up whoever we want.

I discourage you guys attempting to go line up in test n tune for grudge races because you won't be part of the Flyrtle class, it will be harder to line up races, and we all know that on event days TnT is just an after thought in between rounds that hardly gets to run.

FRIDAY INFO: If anybody wants to get to Maryland early and go race at the Friday TnT that would be a great time to get in some practice runs and have a little preview of Sunday. The SFL crew is supposed to arrive sometime Friday late afternoon so if all goes well we'll bring the Flyrtle car out there too.
                        Thanks for this post! Now I understand some things. Hmmmmm.... The problem is that for those that want to race more than two people it won't happen. Makes it kind of tricky! Not to mention I would be worried about breaking my only mode of transportation home if I try to do the brackets.
                        mods: Custom intake manifold, Water to Air Intercooler, jands safeguard, pacesetter headers, borlacatback, EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER,millenia s injectors, megasquirt, mx3 fly,ngk wires, Built engine with ze heads and cams,electric exhaust cutout, methanol injection, quaife lsd, and 9-10 psi.
                        Old 160k mile engine dyno result: 245whp 227 ftlbs tq best de 1/4: 13.80 at 103.28mph with a 60' of 2.170 on 6psi. GONNA BE QUICKER SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by mattm View Post
                          Thanks for this post! Now I understand some things. Hmmmmm.... The problem is that for those that want to race more than two people it won't happen. Makes it kind of tricky! Not to mention I would be worried about breaking my only mode of transportation home if I try to do the brackets.
                          You're contradicting yourself in the same statement. You're worried you won't get to race enough people but you don't want to race too much in case you break, haha. Racing is racing, bracket racing is no harder on the car than heads up, most would argue it's easier on your car.

You have to trust me on this setup, I've spent more time at the track than 98% of the people on this forum and even organize some of the drag events down here. The way I have it setup is the best possible way.

Also - you guys that aren't steady bottom 12 high 11 cars do not be afraid to race at the event. We need a full field to make it a success which is why eliminations are bracket style to even the playing field and allow everyone to participate. I imagine the majority of cars in the class will be high 12s to mid 13s (boosted) and the all motor guys should be in the 14s or even low 15s.

The trophy for IFO is so awesome too, we'll all be after it.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by hppwdn; June 18, 2012, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Ha thats not what I meant. I meant that I would race other members in grudge matches but there is no incentive to bracket race. And towards the end they typically make you hot lap whcih is a quick way to ruin your car.
                            mods: Custom intake manifold, Water to Air Intercooler, jands safeguard, pacesetter headers, borlacatback, EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER,millenia s injectors, megasquirt, mx3 fly,ngk wires, Built engine with ze heads and cams,electric exhaust cutout, methanol injection, quaife lsd, and 9-10 psi.
                            Old 160k mile engine dyno result: 245whp 227 ftlbs tq best de 1/4: 13.80 at 103.28mph with a 60' of 2.170 on 6psi. GONNA BE QUICKER SOON!

Comment

Mattm, take it from someone who has raced in events before. Your opinion could not be farther from the truth. Racing in elimination rounds is more exhilarating than any other race you'll find. Anyone who would choose to not run in the event is missing out on a great experience rarely offered to these cars.

Besides, who would travel across the country to race in a test n tune
                              Last edited by hppwdn; June 18, 2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X