This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OR even more fun:
    Come home at 3am after a night of racing. pull into your driveway, close the bottle, get back on the road, activate the nitrous and do a nice WOT run until the gauge reads 0psi

The neighbors will love you... trust me
    '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

I just want to clearify something. I am a NO2 Newbie so explain is great detail please.
      As I am reading about nitrous in our cars I am seeing mostly GT's. My question is, if you put something like this in the SE, is it as effective. Obviously you won't get near the HP, but all considering. Is it worth the cost to use this in the SE, or should I just buy a GT first?

Also, can someone please post the web addy for Brians page? Thanks.
      1994 PGT MTX -- Black -- KLZE, MTX, Probinator chip, Fidanza FW, STS, RR-racing poly inserts, HS style headers, Borla cat-back, Tokico Illumina struts, Eibach Pro Kit.
      CrimSon_ReD - "So your last name is dragon?? Now that is fuggan cool as shi[z]!"

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Fox
        I just want to clearify something. I am a NO2 Newbie so explain is great detail please.
        As I am reading about nitrous in our cars I am seeing mostly GT's. My question is, if you put something like this in the SE, is it as effective. Obviously you won't get near the HP, but all considering. Is it worth the cost to use this in the SE, or should I just buy a GT first?

Also, can someone please post the web addy for Brians page? Thanks.
        Well, if you can start with the bigger base power (I4-V6), that would be the best choice. Yopu can either save up or work with what you have. Of course nitrous will show results on the 4-cyl. just not as dramatic.

Brian's page
        2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
        2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

Do the nos 5115 kits come with a purge? If not which one do you need the 4AN or the 6AN and what's the difference?

Thanks alot
          97 black GT, aluminum overlay, eibach, kyb, ngk, magnecor, k&n,
          b&m sts, 35% tinted, H-4 conversion, prd doorsills, sensei hood, cwest front, clear corners, shogun front sold,ninja sides, fx designs rear triangles sold, konig v-racing spoiler, clutchmasters uninstalled, findaza uninstalled and sold, panasonic, complete infinity system all around and a custom dual exhaust
          http://www.geekazoids.net/~images/probetalk_copy2.jpg

Comment

None of the kits come with a purge. The purge is an extra accessory, same as the bottle heater, bottle blanket and bottle gauge. None of these come with any of the kits.

If you were to buy the purge, you'd have to get the -4an to match the 5115, 5121,5122,5123,5124.

Hope that helps.

Jamie
            '97 PGT-ZE with nearly every mod.(Temporarily off of the bottle.) - Gone to a new home!

'01 BMW-M3 - Gone
            '03 BMW-M3 - Gone
            '06 Honda Pilot - Sold everything else, bought a restaurant, stuck with this. lol

Comment

Actually til the end of june Summit is offering a free purge kit with the NOS-5122 kit. Thats what i put on my car and i love it......realy the only difference between kits is the jets included.

Comment

fuel pump

For people in the market for a fuel pump, do yourself a favor and read this thread:

http://www.probetalk.com/forums/show...tid=1920290946
                1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
                228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
                ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1

Comment

Re: fuel pump

Originally posted by HowLeTT
                  For people in the market for a fuel pump, do yourself a favor and read this thread:

http://www.probetalk.com/forums/show...tid=1920290946

Comment

What should a positive(good) Compression check read out? Do most local mechanics do them? How long does it take? is there anything that effects compression like weather etc, that I should or shouldn't do before the check? I relize that good compression is a must for running a N2O kit.
                    Rob

P.S. I am so glad that no one in this thread refered to nitrous Oxide as NOS. Unless refering to the company.
                    Jingoism-
                    Pronunciation: 'ji[ng]-(")gO-"i-z&m
                    Function: noun
                    Date: 1878
                    : extreme chauvinism or nationalism marked especially by a belligerent foreign policyNEW pics of my car!

Comment

Originally posted by honda etr
                      What should a positive(good) Compression check read out? Do most local mechanics do them? How long does it take? is there anything that effects compression like weather etc, that I should or shouldn't do before the check? I relize that good compression is a must for running a N2O kit.
                      Rob

P.S. I am so glad that no one in this thread refered to nitrous Oxide as NOS. Unless refering to the company.
                      Good compression is that they're all within 10% of each other, the readings from all six cylinders. Higher compression is generally a good sign, stock is about 190 in all 6 cylinders. Mine pulled 180-190 in all six which I was very happy with. If you get the test done, post your numbers on the board and people will give you their feedback on whether or not your car seems ready for the spray. Most mechanics will do it, it's a really simple job and anyone that knows how to change spark plugs can do it as long as they have the right guage. It should take about 20 minutes or so. Don't worry about weather and such, it won't change your readings.. just make sure the pedal is being pressed to the floor during the test.

Comment

In HowLett's Sig
                        spadaben: i got big thick pink present for the girl that hit jon's car
                        just noticed that, found it hilarious ...

oh, and my real reason for being in this thread, i think you should update it and add some new stuff (simple stuff)... like the subtle differences between a wet and dry kit, how they work (the basics, not in n2o talk :razz: ), how they are installed (once again the basics)...

just stuff like that, that most people want to know when they are thinking about buying a kit... i know that i would have been much happier had the info just been laid out in front of me like that, but i'm startin to learn little by little anyway ...
                        Pictures - Videos
                        1993 Mazda RX7, 35R swapped R1

Comment

Originally posted by pgtfreak
                          OR even more fun:
                          Come home at 3am after a night of racing. pull into your driveway, close the bottle, get back on the road, activate the nitrous and do a nice WOT run until the gauge reads 0psi

The neighbors will love you... trust me
                          More or less, that is what I’ve been doing …that way nothing is wasted…lol
                          If you don’t empty the gas line do you think it will actually damage the solenoids, like make them weaker?
                          Turbo time..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. MX6

More or less, that is what I’ve been doing …that way nothing is wasted…lol
                            If you don’t empty the gas line do you think it will actually damage the solenoids, like make them weaker?
                            Yes.

Over time it's going to wear them down much faster if you leave nitrous in the line when it's not in use or the potential for use during driving. I usually clear the lines at night when I get home, that's where having a purge comes in handy. Think about how much pressure is involved 1000psi up against those selenoids for hours or sometimes even days is going to do some damage eventually. The selenoids are tough, but they'll give out over time. There's rebuild kits for them that you can use if one gets weak, starts leaking, etc.

Comment

Have you or any one thought on using a Peltier Element ( the kind of thing you can use to cool your pc cpu chip) for heating your nitro bottle?.
                              They run of 12v and are cheep

you will find some on ere...
                              http://www.hwupgrade.com/cooling/cooling.html
                              Turbo time..

Comment

Free Leonard Peltier?

Comment

Working...
                                X