Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the R4 race pads sqeal like mad.. so no daily driving on thoes pads.. stick to the R4S for daily usage..
    Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
    MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
    Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

I've posted a link to this thread on ALPOC's board and made it sticky. Hope you don't mind.
      Barry
      Registered Probetalk Member #392.
      Co-founder of ALPOC. Formerly had '93 Rio Red GT, PRD STS-99, Bosch H4 lamps, Borla, Pilot 1055-c driving lamps. IT'S CRUNCHY!
      '93 Teal PGT. '94 black PSE. '91 PLX, 300k+ miles.

Comment

Im gonna give the R4S a try out. Im glad someone pointed out this thread to me. I forgot all about it.
        Last edited by j1mmy; July 20, 2004, 01:17 PM. Reason: Slip of the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by j1mmy
          Which pad would be best for a daily street driver?
          Wow dude! Only two posts up...

Originally posted by Racey-Stacey
          the R4 race pads sqeal like mad.. so no daily driving on thoes pads.. stick to the R4S for daily usage..
          Originally posted by dmark101
          stacey and i both run these pads exclusively on our cars. the R4S is a very good street pad and they do not squeal at all.
          Last edited by jduffett; July 20, 2004, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jduffett
            Wow dude! Only two posts up...
            My god, i serioulsy didnt see that. My bad, thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Originally posted by j1mmy
              My god, i serioulsy didnt see that. My bad, thanks for pointing that out.
              no problem.

now go ahead and order them. i'm sure they ship to canadia!
              ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Cool. I will be giving them a call for sure. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryG
                  I've posted a link to this thread on ALPOC's board and made it sticky. Hope you don't mind.
                  Barry
                  If anyone is taking note... this type of advertising is called direct marketing..
                  Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
                  MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                  Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

Originally posted by Racy-Stacey
                    If anyone is taking note... this type of advertising is called direct marketing..
                    i thought it was called propaganda?

ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by BarryG
                      Barry
                      Originally posted by Racy-Stacey
                      ?????
                      Registered Probetalk Member #392.
                      Co-founder of ALPOC. Formerly had '93 Rio Red GT, PRD STS-99, Bosch H4 lamps, Borla, Pilot 1055-c driving lamps. IT'S CRUNCHY!
                      '93 Teal PGT. '94 black PSE. '91 PLX, 300k+ miles.

Comment

Damn you, thought police!!!
                        Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
                        1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
                        "Let me hear you make decisions without your television."

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

mmmm...
                          I'm going to be in for this...unless someone can find me a better deal but those are the R4S
                          Last edited by Ryansmagic; August 23, 2004, 01:11 PM.
                          95' Probe GT....2.5 <---FS...
                          Lil White POS... 93' MR2 Turbo w/ T-tops - Sleeping the spring off in a heated Garage
                          quote of the month - Krazy-K - "i need to get on a stick!"

Comment

Here is my review.....I have run R4S on the street and at the track but on the track after multiple lap sessions, brake fade was an issue.

I switched to R4 pads. The work great and I have had no brake fade issues. However....They dont last very long. I went through and entire front set in 100 miles. Even my backs didn't wear the best, they were down to 50%. Non the less they really stopped the car well and I didn't have any problem with fade even during 135-45 MPH braking.

Since the R4 are used up I have gone back to my R4S. These are very good on the street but do make noise every now and then. R4S are plenty good for single lap autocross sessions but if you keep working them they begin to overheat.

For street only the best (cleanest, good stopping, quiet) were the Hawk HPS.

TARMAC BLACK 2006 EVOLUTION 9 SPECIAL EDITION 430WHP

JJM CUSTOM TUNE /// ETS FMIC /// HKS TBE EXHAUST /// BBK TURBO /// OHLINS COILOVERS /// FIC 1100 INJECTORS

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

I have found r4s to not last very long, although they brake very well and fade is much less then many pads i have used...

Not sure if i would use them again though...
                              Got boost?
                              2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
                              Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

Just ordered some R4S pads from Porterfield! The sales woman was very happy when I mentioned the group for the discount.

Discount was pretty decent and shipping was great also.. $7 for Ground or $10 for 2nd day (so I got 2nd day because my current pads are squeeling like mad).
                                Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
                                1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

Working...
                                X