ms1 v3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ms1 v3.0

I am new to megasquirt and recently bought an ms1 v3.0 from a member on here. The unit is from Megasquirt BB #4 and it has nitrous, switchable tables and 3 programmable outputs. I am trying to figure out what the 4 wires coming directly out of the top of the unit are for. It is seperate from the db9 connector. I've opened it up and traced the wires. I believe they are for my coil pack setup. I think the wires are coming from the proto area R26, R27, and R29. Can anyone verify that this is correct?
    95 Probe GT KLZE,Colt Cams Tri-Flow N/A,94 XtremeThings ECU, 65mm TB,DE intake springs & retainers,CAI, Clutchmasters clutch&flywheel,Shorty headers,2.5in Borla exhaust,Phenolic spacers intake/TB, RR racing inserts,Tranny saver,PRD Rear Strut Bar,Mazda 6 Brakes,Yonaka Coilovers

yes coilpacks setup only in this case.

the same 4 color wires were used on all BB units

r26 is cyl 1 & 4
    r27 is cyl 3 & 6
    r29 is cyl 2 & 5
    the 3 colored wires are for the negatives of the 4 pin connector at the coilpack of which the 4th pin would be 12v.

the black wire coming out the case goes to a good engine ground.
    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Thanks for verifying that for me mac1, I appreciate it! Now on to the install. This will be fun.
      95 Probe GT KLZE,Colt Cams Tri-Flow N/A,94 XtremeThings ECU, 65mm TB,DE intake springs & retainers,CAI, Clutchmasters clutch&flywheel,Shorty headers,2.5in Borla exhaust,Phenolic spacers intake/TB, RR racing inserts,Tranny saver,PRD Rear Strut Bar,Mazda 6 Brakes,Yonaka Coilovers

Comment

So I got the car started on the first try. It was surging up to 2500rpm so I shut it off to check some things and I missed a vaccum line that needed to be plugged back in. I plugged it back in and tried to start it and now it won't start at all. I'm wondering if the msq. that came with the ms1 isn't working well with my setup.

Comment

The version of megatune that came on a cd with my ms1 doesn't even load up on my computer anymore. I don't know why but, i downloaded the latest version of megatune from diyautotune and the base msq's i have aren't compatible with the latest version of megatune. So i want to go over to tunerstudioMS, but i don't have any kind of base map that will work with tunerstudioMS. I just want to get this thing running and driving. Ive searched around and i can only find tables that are mostly for boosted applications. I'm just N/A with a few mods. Can anyone help me out with a N/A KLZE base msq. for an ms1 v3.0 using 029y4a msextra firmware??? I don't really want to fork out $600 for someone to tune it on a dyno.

Well i'll try these tables for now:
          VE Table:
          http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...latesttune.jpg

Ignition Table:
          http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...latesttune.jpg
          Last edited by 97PGT_SDD; December 9, 2014, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I finally got the car started up again and it still surges pretty bad still. It oscillates from about 900rpm-2500rpm for about a minute and then stalls out. I've tried to add more fuel in the afterstart enrichment and it doesn't seem to help much. It wasn't surging at all when I had the xtremethings ecu controlling the fuel and spark. I unplugged the iac and it brought the idle down from 2500rpm to 1200rpm but now it stalls much quicker. I'm getting pretty frustrated with this ms1 and I need some help on how to go about fixing this. Please anyone with more experience than me.

Comment

hey try this http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701288659 maybe someone has posted a n/a table that will get you started in the right direction.
              http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...GIFs/plane.gif

Comment

Thanks, but that's actually where I got my tables from in the first post of that thread.

Comment

Working...
                X