X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PMO Tubular Crossmember

Originally posted by 93GTSR
    Todd... after looking at the pics ive noticed...... Do you even have a clutch/FW in that car??
    Damn I knew I was missing something

Comment

since no one has asked, how does the front of this (near the front bumper) bolt onto the subframe?
      i liked how the stock crossmember that hold the engine mount has bolts that run axially with the force that is being applied. so i was just wondering how this crossmember was connected up front
      1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
      2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
      2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Awsome, I've been waiting for someone to devolop is a crossmember brace for some time now. I bet that will make a nice improvement in handling. And it looks damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by soulstylee
          I bet that will make a nice improvement in handling.
          '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
          '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Originally posted by spada
            since no one has asked, how does the front of this (near the front bumper) bolt onto the subframe?
            i liked how the stock crossmember that hold the engine mount has bolts that run axially with the force that is being applied. so i was just wondering how this crossmember was connected up front

Also, I take it you [at PMO] figure the tranny isolator was useless? Seeing as there is no where to bolt it up...
            '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Originally posted by spada
              There will be two diffirent models. One will bolt to our traction bars and to the factory crossmember mouting point. We will also make one that will just bolt in with out using the traction bars.

Comment

Originally posted by neonman
                The two bars in the rear are a lot stronger than the stamped factory crossmember.

Do you have proof of that? I mean, how did you come to that conclusion? How did you measure the strength of the two, to compare them?

Please don't take my replies as "hater" comments as you have done to other's in the past, when they have offered criticism. Just curious.
                '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Its just common knowledge about tubular suspension peices. Tubular control arms are sought after cuase the material wont flex. Stamped peices will flax becuase its basically a flat peice of metal "stamped" into a shape.

josh
                  Silver 2011 5.7L Toyota Tundra CrewMax
                  Former Owner of The Fastest N/A 2.0 Probe

Comment

I know that tubular pieces are strong, but the stock crossmember is not really going to flex in the first place. I just don't see any force that would cause it to flex to the point of needing a replacement/"upgrade".
                    '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Ballpark pricing for this?

You said you'd make it for people WITH and people WITHOUT traction bars (separately).. if you bought one specified for one WITHOUT traction bars, could you still use traction bars at a later date without buying the other cross member.
                      Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
                      1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

There will be two diffirent models. One will bolt to our traction bars and to the factory crossmember mouting point. We will also make one that will just bolt in with out using the traction bars.

ahh, nice, that answers my question. stock mounting points are nice, other than the rusty bungs that break loose
                        1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
                        2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
                        2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Originally posted by pgtfreak
                          I know that tubular pieces are strong, but the stock crossmember is not really going to flex in the first place. I just don't see any force that would cause it to flex.

Comment

yeah, i actually broke a crossmember once

Comment

Ty
                              How far does your pipes hang down from the front motor mount?

yeh ty that doesnt look like it would clear our ludespeed pipes..Hey ty help me find dan#2 pics of his modified crossmember and then todd will get a damn good idea and then you or I can test fit them for him..Also hey Todd How much are these gonna run. And liek Josh said is there gonna be a stainless version? thanks Chris with another pmo item
                              Would love for pmo/pro to give me my 2000 veilside hyundai tiburon back and the several thousands of dollars they owe me or the parts!

Comment

Originally posted by turbo93mx6
                                yeh ty that doesnt look like it would clear our ludespeed pipes..Hey ty help me find dan#2 pics of his modified crossmember and then todd will get a damn good idea and then you or I can test fit them for him..Also hey Todd How much are these gonna run. And liek Josh said is there gonna be a stainless version? thanks Chris with another pmo item
                                Yeah you guys get me a pic and even if I have to tweak it a little bit for you guys, this is a good time to do it. Because I am in the prototype stage. As far as price, I really haven't any idea yet. I will probably know by the end of next week. I'm going to try to find some polyurathaine bushings to add in to the design. I would like to try and get the prototype finished for the tubular lower control arms as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X