MBX Unorthodox Underdrive pully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBX Unorthodox Underdrive pully

Has any one installed the MBX Underdrive pully? I just got mine today, can't wait to install it. Just wanted to know what the quality was like from those of you using it.
    '94 PGT, Ground control Coil Overs, 2.5" exhaust straight, high flow cat, 17" 5-star ACE rims, Falken Zeis 512's, cross drilled rotors on the front. . Clarion 9575 with Parametric EQ, Clarion SRS 1653 in the front, JBL GTO in the rear, four 12" Fahrenheit Subs. Power Acoustik fire and Ice 520W amp for the fronts, Power Acoustick Fire and Ice 400W for the rears and JBL 1200.1 for the Boom. Pounds like crazy. Stereo almost done, time to put some go into the car.

its a good pulley, have had no problems or extra vibration even with the stiffer mounts.
    only problem i had was numerous trips to pep boys to find the right belt. for some reason the listed belt on the instructions was too small by 5 inches (IIRC). it has made some power as well, and has heavily acclerated wear on my clutch (means too much power).
    probe is sold, now i have what the probe was suppose to replace, but ironically replaced my probe
    1993 nighthawk 750
    http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b...otor/assembly/

Comment

I just put mine on and the power gain really suprised me, I think My old pulley was messed up too because it Idles alot better now. It was a really great mod for my ze definately worth the 70 bux.
      1996 PGT, ZE, I|H|E|11lb FW|67mm TB|South Bend S2|Poly MM's|B&M STS|JJ Resy TP|Blue's|Eibach's|17mm Swaybar|Electric Cutout|Ethanol-Free Gasoline|210's & Nitrous..
      1996 PGT, Barn Find, I|Rats
      1995 Mx6, Sold , I|H|E|FW|MS
      BOOST IN FIFTH!!!!!

Comment

Anyone have the part number for the right belt to use? I have a 94 Gt no a/c.

Thanks
        '94 PGT, Ground control Coil Overs, 2.5" exhaust straight, high flow cat, 17" 5-star ACE rims, Falken Zeis 512's, cross drilled rotors on the front. . Clarion 9575 with Parametric EQ, Clarion SRS 1653 in the front, JBL GTO in the rear, four 12" Fahrenheit Subs. Power Acoustik fire and Ice 520W amp for the fronts, Power Acoustick Fire and Ice 400W for the rears and JBL 1200.1 for the Boom. Pounds like crazy. Stereo almost done, time to put some go into the car.

Comment

dammit, I had this written down, but now I can't find it...

IIRC, one of the belts is a 31", 5 ribbed belt, and the other is a 30", 4 ribbed?

When I finally get around to installing mine, I will make sure to write this down and post it.
          2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport- Traded

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- Totaled

Comment

yep
            dayco part number 315K5/or 31.5/5rib
            probe is sold, now i have what the probe was suppose to replace, but ironically replaced my probe
            1993 nighthawk 750

Comment

that's the part number on the instructions, I thought you said it was wrong?

Comment

i believe the current belt i am running is the 320 or 325K5 belt. for me this seems to work fine, i don't know if anyone else is having to do this, but give it a try, of course the stores over here don't supply dayco belts in that size so i had to use a different manufacture, could attribute for the different size, either way it work.
                1993 nighthawk 750

Comment

i went to schucks and gave them the numbers from the instructions, and the guy couldn't find them, then he did something and crossreferenced them and found both belts and they work fine since the install. no problems at all

Comment

Great post guys and glad to see everyone is enjoying their MBX Pulley's
                    I will keep an eye on this post for those of you who would like any further help aside from the instructions included with each pulley.

We have approximately 13 or so 2.5 V6 Pulleys that just came in and approximately 15 or so 93-95 2.0 I4 pulleys in stock that can be ordered by clicking our signature and following the ordering instructions listed in the first post

Enjoy them everyone!!!!!!

Comment

yea btw thanks for teh pulley, i've notice a lil power.
                      thanks again

Comment

I installed mine just yesterday, and am very pleased with the outcome. I noticed quite a bit more power through first and second gear. The only thing that it has affected(which was expected)was that my voltage dropped quite a bit. I am very happy with my purchase .Thanks Mike

Terry
                        SoDak Probes President, Founding member of Team Legion Of Boom
                        My '94 PSE & '95 PGT

Comment

So are these worth the money???

Comment

Working...
                          X