Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

ProbeTalk.com Forums > Vendor Support and Contact > Former Vendors > MBX Motorsports

MBX Motorsports MBX Motorsports

October 22nd, 2004, 08:33 AM   #1
Mike Baxter
Donating Member

: Mar 2000
: Maryland
: 5,322
MBX Quick-Drain Oil Pan System

We would like to introduce our new MBX Quick Drain Oil Pan System.

Benefits

*Great for draining oil in a clean efficient way
*Eliminates the potential of oil spillage by draining directly into oil container
*Able to change oil when hot
*One hand connect/disconnect
*Race Quality, double-Seal Construction
*No drain plug to remove

Easy to Install, Easy to Use.

*Remove oil drain plug and oil and replace drain plug with the male half of the Quick Drain coupling.
*Install cap and refill engine with oil, YOUR INSTALLATION IS COMPLETE!!!

To drain oil:

*Remove cap and push the female half onto the male half
*Route hose from female half into waste oil container
*Pull back sleeve on female coupling and disconnect. Replace cap and refill engine with oil
*Oil change complete - Quick and Easy

Complete kit as seen in picture is $57.50 including shipping!
Order can be made by sending www.paypal.com made payable to shogunned@aol.com in the above amount. Please include a note stating what you are purchasing!

: Price for Kit

October 22nd, 2004, 09:05 AM   #2
nolanspawn
Donating Member

: Sep 2001
: 37
: 8,575
Price tag???

October 22nd, 2004, 09:11 AM   #3
Mike Baxter
Donating Member

:
Price tag???

Pricing and ordering information added to original post

October 22nd, 2004, 09:26 AM   #4
rolllin247
PT Regular

: Sep 2003
: Salem, NH
: 35
: 737
I need one, hmmm.... check or money order?
'93 PGT praying for new paint with RR-Racing STS, Poly Stabilizer Bushings, CM 3, Fidanza Flywheel, AWR Rear Mount, Poly Inserts in the Front Mount, 2.5" CatBack, HD CAI, Tokico Illuminas, Pro Kit Springs, OBX Headers and Resonated test pipe courtesy of TWMotorsports...totaled as of August 2nd

October 22nd, 2004, 10:06 AM   #5
97rPGT
Turbo Member

: Sep 2003
: Orlando, FL
: 33
: 1,817
I don't mean to jack your thread, but...

Is there any reason to get this over the FRAM Sure Drain System that can be had at AutoZone or any other auto parts store? And also for much less...

~Andy~

October 22nd, 2004, 01:18 PM   #6
Mike Baxter
Donating Member

:
I need one, hmmm.... check or money order?

Money order will be fine! I will PM you the information!

97rPGT - these are the highest quality Aeroquip fittings you can buy and are for the hardcore race/show enthusiast at mind!

October 22nd, 2004, 03:11 PM   #7
lilpavel
SENSLES

: Jul 2000
: NEPO MD
: 40
: 2,785
:
I don't mean to jack your thread, but...

Is there any reason to get this over the FRAM Sure Drain System that can be had at AutoZone or any other auto parts store? And also for much less...

~Andy~
In my eyes you get what you pay for sometimes and FRAM sucks. They make crappy oil filters and I sure as hell wouldn't put their sure drain on my car.

Looks cool Mike, I may need one of those to keep the oil off my turbo pipes and off the heat wrap.

448whp at 24psi Built by Me, Tuned by SHAODOME

Flyrtle 6 - Best 2nd Gen Probe
MMX - PRD BEST of Show and 1st Place Unlimited Class
MM8 - PRD BEST of Show

October 22nd, 2004, 04:19 PM   #8
brian2305

: Sep 2000
: Deltona,FL,USA
: 2,818
I've had my sure drain for liek 3 years or so never had any problems and its $13.00 seems like this would be more efficient though since it is a quick disconnect I do kinda hate having to screw the sure drain line on, but I still wouldn't by one these that just my opinion though sorry. i'm sure there plenty of hard core folks out there who want these though.

October 25th, 2004, 11:01 AM   #9
ouch1011
Donating Member

: Jul 2001
: ProbesNW.com
: 17,298
:
I've had my sure drain for liek 3 years or so never had any problems and its $13.00 seems like this would be more efficient though since it is a quick disconnect I do kinda hate having to screw the sure drain line on, but I still wouldn't by one these that just my opinion though sorry. i'm sure there plenty of hard core folks out there who want these though.
If your not interested in buying it, then don't post in here and waste space. Nobody wants your opinion.

October 25th, 2004, 11:13 AM   #10
Mike Baxter
Donating Member

Thanks guys, but lets not start any flaming in here. The sure drain system i have seen in person and does not compare to our Aeroquip kit by any means. Our system is a quick connect system and does not require screwing on and off fittings etc. If you would like to purchase our system, they will be on the website soon!

November 2nd, 2004, 01:35 AM   #11
unknowncitizen
Donating Member

: Jan 2004
: SoCal
: 3,919
i think the price is kinda high. or else i would by one if i had that much money lying around. great job though.

November 2nd, 2004, 05:50 AM   #12
Dans95PGT
Donating Member

: Nov 2002
: Reynoldsburg, Ohio
: 3,255
i think the price is reasonable...its a good setup, i might get one....just don't have the funds laying around right now

-Dan

November 2nd, 2004, 12:09 PM   #13
unknowncitizen
Donating Member

:
i think the price is kinda high. or else i would by one if i had that much money lying around. great job though.
i agree with this guy but if these parts cost a lot to get a hold of then i understand the high price. i'll get it too as soon as i have the money to spend on this.

~GREDDY~MAGNAFLOW~ACT
FIDANZA~WILWOOD~AWR~RR-RACING~HS~OUTLAW
PRD~MSD-WINDOWS~TEIN-SS~RX-8~ALPINE

November 2nd, 2004, 12:26 PM   #14
El Nacho
Ninjas > Pirates

: Dec 2001
: 'Nati, OH
: 4,812
I like it. When the funds get back tow here thy need to be, i'll look into getting one.

EDIT: I'm confused on this page http://www.mbxmotorsports.net/productline.htm .....how come you dont list all that for sale, but list it as stuff you carry?

95 GT~ZE: SOLD!!

November 4th, 2004, 01:42 AM   #15
dystortion

: Jun 2004
: milton-freewater, oregon
: 154
hey on that set up u have there is that a copper crush gasket? if it is you might have to replace it every so often... go with a teflon style gasket ...it bakes on there and seals the plug to the pan...im not knockin the system just trying to help out...btw i change oil for a living lol been doing it 2 years now and have had no problem on the teflons ...

'94 2.0L, Cai, header, Pioneer 8500mp, kenwood 800w, 2 MTX T-8000SVC,

: srd

November 10th, 2004, 12:18 PM   #16
SLICKGT1
PT Know it All

: Jan 2001
: BROOKLYN, NY, US,
: 39
: 3,597
I have a question. What will happen if you are doing an engine flush, and some thick sludge or something breaks loose, will it be able to pass through the fittings? I may be pushing it with such a stupid question, but what if.

November 10th, 2004, 12:28 PM   #17
unknowncitizen
Donating Member

:
I have a question. What will happen if you are doing an engine flush, and some thick sludge or something breaks loose, will it be able to pass through the fittings? I may be pushing it with such a stupid question, but what if.
good question there.
i would also like to know if metal flakes would be able to pass through this. and is this magnetic?

~GREDDY~MAGNAFLOW~ACT
FIDANZA~WILWOOD~AWR~RR-RACING~HS~OUTLAW
PRD~MSD-WINDOWS~TEIN-SS~RX-8~ALPINE

November 10th, 2004, 10:34 PM   #18
Mike Baxter
Donating Member

The opening will allow for most anything to come out of the pan, unless you have a rod in there

The fittings are not magnetic.

November 11th, 2004, 07:18 AM   #19
SLICKGT1
PT Know it All

: BROOKLYN, NY, US,
: 39
: 3,597
Damn, I am in a dilemma now. I just bought the damn Magnetic drain plug, and now this comes out. Mike can you set up a customer mailing list. So that previous custemers will get email notification when new stuff is comming out or came out.

December 9th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #20
xtreme2
BATN, but aka:
DLSpeed_Inc.

: Oct 2003
: 2,511
THAT WOULD BE COOL... hey Mike, is the oil pan shown there included? mine is trash...

December 10th, 2005, 01:32 AM   #21
WetPaint
Donating User

: May 2004
: 3,277
I got that oil drain thing, but mines from a different place. It works great, i'd highly recommend it to anyone!

December 12th, 2005, 12:23 PM   #22
Mike Baxter
Donating Member

:
THAT WOULD BE COOL... hey Mike, is the oil pan shown there included? mine is trash...

Oil pan is not included, however we can powdercoat one for you

We have these in stock and ready to ship for the Holidays!

December 12th, 2005, 05:12 PM   #23
PROBEN AINT EZ
Supercharged Member

: Atlanta, GA.
: 1,286
How much to add a powder coated oil pan and a gasket??????? Do you have spare oil pans not beat to hell that you will sell?

December 12th, 2005, 08:47 PM   #24
Mike Baxter
Donating Member

:
How much to add a powder coated oil pan and a gasket??????? Do you have spare oil pans not beat to hell that you will sell?
I dont think we have any spare oil pans currently, but we can normally powdercoat an oil pan around $50

June 27th, 2007, 07:08 PM   #25
Mike Baxter
Donating Member

We have a few of these in stock ready to ship fyi

« | »

ProbeTalk.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, the Mazda Motor Corporation, or any subsidiaries of either company.
All views and opinions expressed on this message board are those of the author and not the owners of ProbeTalk.com.