Nextel Motorola cell phone question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextel Motorola cell phone question

I have a quick question for anyone who might know.

I currently have a POS Motorola i88s phone on Nextel service. My work pays for it. They dont care really too much what I do with it. I would like to keep that phone so if I had to I could turn it in, but I would like to actually get a better phone (that I would pay for) to use. The phone has a SIM card in at (as all other Motorola phones with direct connect do).
    If I buy another phone, can I take the SIM card from my old i88s phone and put it in the new phone and it will work with the same number etc.., wiht no other tweaking or will I have to through the shit with Nextel, etc..,
    The only reason I am asking is because my work has a ton of these phones, they dont care if I do this, BUT the account manager (one of the secretaries) wont mess with it because its not important to her and she doesnt want to spend the time to deal with it but I do because I really hate this phone.
    MMIV, MMV, MMVI, MMVII, HH2k2, HH2k3, HH2k4, HH2k5, HH2k6, HH2k7, HH2k8

Not all Direct Connect phones have sim cards. And I'm fairly sure that the i88 is one of them.
    There is no spoon.

Comment

Originally posted by George A
      Not all Direct Connect phones have sim cards. And I'm fairly sure that the i88 is one of them.
      Correct

<-- Works opposite the Nextel National Help Desk :p

Just call up to Nextel.. Ask them about a HardWare Upgrade... They will then do it, and reload the information ebfore the phone is sent

Comment

Originally posted by sleekpowa
        Correct

<-- Works opposite the Nextel National Help Desk :p

Just call up to Nextel.. Ask them about a HardWare Upgrade... They will then do it, and reload the information ebfore the phone is sent
        Well I was going to buy a phone off ebay so I dont really know how I would go about that. Nextel wont even talk to me without the acct number the company has and other info that I dont have nor without me being the acct rep for our company. Like I said, the acct rep is one of the secretaries and she doesnt want to have to deal with ANYTHING other than paying the bill. Ive searched the net but I cant find anything (overload of cell phone sales on there and no info).

Comment

Originally posted by George A
          Its has a SIM card in it. Its a little rectangle with a corner cut off and some contacts on it in the shape of a circle.

Comment

well poopas i believe you can keep the same number since that thing came out that lets you do it. my dad just got me a new phone and the number should be switched sometime this week, its going from an old ghetto nokia phone to a sony ericsson phone witha sim card, the nokica doesn thave one. if i were you i would ask nextel about the situation

i am fairly sure you can have the number switched though
            09 VW Rabbit
            89 Ford Probe GT sold
            03 Honda Shadow 750 Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by nirvana7737
              well poopas i believe you can keep the same number since that thing came out that lets you do it. my dad just got me a new phone and the number should be switched sometime this week, its going from an old ghetto nokia phone to a sony ericsson phone witha sim card, the nokica doesn thave one. if i were you i would ask nextel about the situation

i am fairly sure you can have the number switched though
              Problem is, once again, I am not the acct manager! I cant do shit through Nextel.

Did your dad just switch phones or did he switch carriers as well. I think youre talking about the number portability thing.

Comment

went from AT&T to t mobile

so i swtiched phones and carriers
                09 VW Rabbit
                89 Ford Probe GT sold
                03 Honda Shadow 750 Spirit

Comment

Or, you can buy a new i730 or i95 that "fell off the truck" and just pop your SIM card in there, and sleek....is there any way you guys can stop that?

Comment

Originally posted by DomsPGT
                    Or, you can buy a new i730 or i95 that "fell off the truck" and just pop your SIM card in there, and sleek....is there any way you guys can stop that?
                    Im not quite sure what you said but are you saying that you can just switch the sim card to another phone and it will work?

Comment

yea, what im tryin to say is, it doesnt matter where the phone comes from, they used to be able to deactivate a phone as soon as it got stolen, now if ur phone gets stolen, they deactivate your SIM and give you a new one, so now every phone is fair game, including eBay....

and yes, you can switch the SIM card to ANY nextel phone and it will work right away......

Comment

Yes you can switch the sim card and it will work in the new phone. I have done it before going from an i90 to an i95. However, beware that the new series of phones like the i730 use a higher capacity sim card. Some have said you can drop the old ones in and it works but won't hold the higher amount of names and numbers and others say it doesn't work at all. Bottom line is, you should have no trouble upgrading to an i95 with your current phone. Just switch the sim card and you should be good.
                        2005 Audi S4 - Nogaro Blue - 6 speed - current
                        2006 Mazdaspeed 6 - lease return
                        2000 Audi S4, red 6 speed, STOLEN
                        1994 Red Probe GT 5 speed - still got it

Comment

Nice!

Thanks guys! Ive actually been looking at an i95cl Boost

Comment

Working...
                          X