This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sudo
    A couple bolts holding on the splash guard on the underside of the car lost a few bolt heads too.

You still have those silly splash gaurd things? BAH! dead weight.
    '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Hmm... I can't live w/out the A/C with it being 90+ and 60% Humidity... that's Alabama for you. I would however like to devise some way of putting the Alt on the other belt with the PS and H20 pump... this way when at the strip I could remove the A/C belt and free some hp up... I'll have to check it out. Any rough estimate on about how much gain was made by taking out the A/C?

Comment

if you simply want to bypass the a/c compressor, you can buy a belt for a non a/c equipped probe and put that on. 340K5 dayco belt. It's not going to remove much friction, although some is better than none.

The weight savings is more attractive IMO, evening out the weight distribution between the front & rear of the car, etc.
        1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
        228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
        ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1

Comment

Originally posted by Gene/=/Splicer
          Hmm... I can't live w/out the A/C with it being 90+ and 60% Humidity... that's Alabama for you.
          pffffffft, it's been 90+ degrees and 75%+ humidity here in MI, I still haven't missed the A/C

:hardcore:
          '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
          '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Originally posted by pgtfreak

pffffffft, it's been 90+ degrees and 75%+ humidity here in MI, I still haven't missed the A/C

Wow, that's the way it is here too. You must have brass ones. I try and use my A/C as little as possible, but I have limits.

Comment

Originally posted by pgtfreak

Wow, that's the way it is here too. You must have brass ones. I try and use my A/C as little as possible, but I have limits.

Comment

Here's some pictures:

http://images.geekazoids.net/acparts.jpg
                http://images.geekazoids.net/compress.jpg

It took me awhile, but there they are. Anyone who wants pics of anything else, just let me know. I love playing with my new digital camera

I'd edit my original post to include links to these pics in there, but PT has since instituted a smaller limit on post sizes, so I can't add anything to it unless I take away ~2500 characters, which isn't going to happen.

edit: here's another good thread with some pics:

http://www.probetalk.com/forums/show...tid=1921010552
                1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
                228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
                ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1

Comment

Working...
                X