This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRCFD6
    i checked out the site, and everytime i click on one of the links, it doesnt work ?!
    ?????
    Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos ....
    What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.

Pearl '92 Audi //S4 GT3071R, running 27 psi
    Lava gray '14 Audi //SQ5, Chipwerke, 034 Intake Pipe
    For PSP Awareness click here

Comment

?????
      the first FE3 faq post
      http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=45728

The cleaned up post
      http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread...threadid=58099
      Boosted FE DOHC
      current stereo system

Comment

im talking about the links that are posted under it

Here are some more sites and things to read regrading FE3:

FE3T's website
        Turbo Chat FE3 info
        Randy's site

wiring diagram
        valve keepers

evo vac lines
        evos fe3 coming in soon
        FE3 vs F2T
        FE3 started
        kia part numbers

vics controler
        FE3 in probe
        rev limting problem
        FE3???
        FE3 thermostat
        Fe3 debate
        evos thoughts on fe3
        cheap turbo for fe3
        misconspections about fe3
        SDS install
        FE3 Timing
        FE3 talk (some info on this link may or may not be correct) FE3 revlimiting problem
        Another Evo rant about using FE3 parts on the F2T (its not worth it!) FE3 overbore Q? More on SDS
        Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos ....
        What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.

Pearl '92 Audi //S4 GT3071R, running 27 psi
        Lava gray '14 Audi //SQ5, Chipwerke, 034 Intake Pipe
        For PSP Awareness click here

Comment

im talking about the links that are posted under it
          Only the mx6.com links are not working for me.
          it seems like this is somewhat caused by the change of servers.

replace /boardnew/ with /forums/ and they should work
          Boosted FE DOHC
          current stereo system

Comment

Originally posted by FE3T
            Only the mx6.com links are not working for me.
            it seems like this is somewhat caused by the change of servers.

replace /boardnew/ with /forums/ and they should work
            Fixed.
            Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
            PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
            1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
            1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

I edited it. Should work just fine. Just pm me is you have any usefull info to pass on that I may have missed.
              evo

Comment

So if you did an FE3 in an 89 PGT with say, the 9.2 compression scenario, but kept boost to 12 PSI, you'd still see nice fat torque power curve? PSI for PSI, an FE3 would be considerabley more powerful over the whole RPM range? Wow. The ultimate in custom coolness.

Comment

Alright, lets say I wanted to build an FE3 and build it hard enough to push about 15psi. What would you have to do to make it your everyday driver and have accessories such as heat, AC, Power Steering and all that good stuff. Would it even be worth it or should I just rebuild my F2T with some new goodies to harden it up for about 15-20psi???
                  Pacesetter Monza Catback, 2 1/2 " Mandrel Bent Downpipe, Joe P. MBC @ 14 psi. , K&N Drop In, Injecttech Chip, 93 GT Wheels, Poly endlinks, KYB struts, Eibach Pro-Kit, Optima Yellow Top, New Head and Turbo, PRD 8mm Wires, Autometer Pro Comp Ultra Lite Boost, a/f, and oil pressure guages, MSD Blaster 2 Coil.

Comment

Well here is the current thread at mx6.com related to the FE DOHC rebuild:
                    http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=70096

and here is a similar thread here at PT:
                    http://www.probetalk.com/forums/show...did=1701054653

Most of this is for the engine internals and not the accessories, though.
                    Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
                    1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
                    "Let me hear you make decisions without your television."

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

Seems funny that most threads fe3 have my name in them. Pretty soon once my engine is back expect to see another Fe3 faqs spread on the fe3 build up. Complete with pictures when ever posible. Soon no-one will ever have to ask another question again. lol
                      evo

Comment

evo how is the rebuild coming with finding the right parts?
                        for sale:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/326784/5
                        1990 Ford Probe GL (4 sale)
                        05 mazda6 S

Comment

Slow but the engine will be done in about 2 weeks. THe main thing has been crossrefersing parts and getting a few custom/ special order parts, ie pistons, custom valves, and head studs.
                          evo

Comment

Ok, i've been slowly working on my car, and i've gotten to the point where i was going to just go get a new car, but now that i've been reading almost everything that i can about the F3T, i'm thinking that i'd kinda like to go that route. now my question is, does anyone know where i can find a good how too on the install, or know where i could find a shop in texas to do this swap for me? I'm going from a GL to this engine, so if anyone can send me a PM or an email, or any type of info, hope this isn't a wasted post in this thread, just been reading so much, and can't find someone in same situation or someone whoes gone through the orocess... thanks for any help..

Sean

Comment

we are all doing these ourselves. if you need a shop to do it then you'd have to call around and see who would be willing to do it and for a price. we really can't tell you where to go, especially since none are from tx i don't think. any place should do it since it is a direct fit, though a lot of places shy away from custom work for liability reasons.
                              "Gone" but still around...

90 PGT, RIP
                              01 Dakota V8 4.7L 4x4 5spd
                              85 Supra mkII 5spd, new project

Comment

Frequent asked questions..

Do the FE3 motor drops right into my ProbeGT or MX-6/626 GT?

Yes the motor drops right in.

Can I use the stock F2/F2T ECU to control the FE3 motor?

Well you can, but you would have to modify the stock F2T distributor to fit. The FE3 distributor is longer, it actually extends further in the head than the F2 one. So you will have to extend the F2 distributor shaft to reach the FE3 overhead exhaust cam. Both F2/FE3 cams are the same size on the distributor end.

(Go with SDS ignition systems)

Can I use the stock F2T transaxle?

Yes you can! You can use the F2T transaxle, flywheel, clutch, and motor mounts, and axles. Even the intermediate shaft of the transaxle bolts right up to the back side FE3 block.

And yes you can use your stock motor mounts off your F2, and your alternator and bracket, powersteering and bracket, A/C and bracket on the FE3 motor.

Can I use the F2 sensors?

Yes you can. The only difference is the distributor, and the VICS control solenoid, and the FE3 doesn't have a EGR valve.

Comment

Working...
                                X